Texas A&M is rattling the SEC sabre again because of ESPN 8: The Bevo

I thought Baylor was a private school. Do they receive state funding?

They do not receive state funding. However since only Baylor grads can read and write, they tend to have a lot of power.

Aaahh. The literacy card. The thing is, the two most powerful alums that helped them into the Big 12 are deceased. Ann Richards and Bob Bullock.

• Fire 1

I'm pretty sure we are gone, unless the legislature does something.

Nice move waiting until the last minute to move the Board of Regents meeting up (requires 72 hrs notice), running a sweep around the political forces of the tsips, baylor, and those inbreds on the llano estacado.

A lot of A&M fans wanted to leave when you guys did. Believe me, we're more tired of tu than yall were.

I'm thinking tu's arrogance will finally do them in. I don't think they will do as well as an independant. I think the Notre Dame/Texas conference is a pipe dream, ND won't put up with Texas' shenanigans. They've already spurned down the PAC, plus the Longhorn Network thing would need to go. I'm hoping you guys had enough of them in the Big 12 to put the kibosh on any Texas to Big 10 move. And follow us to the SEC? tu would NEVER do that.

Zero U and Okie Lite, Missouri, and probably those Lubbock idiots will be able to find a decent conference. Probably KU also, with their basketball prowness. KSU, ISU, and especially Baylor will be hurting.

The tipping point seemed to be the publication of the agreement between ESPN and tu about the longhorn network, revealing the deceit tu was engaged in to the other Big 12 members. Now, they have been trying to strongarm lubbock into agreeing go put their game on the network. And Dodd's puppet Beebe has said the future of the league depends on tu, not A&M.

No matter what happens, should be an even more brutal than usual game on thanksgiving with them this year.

Best of luck this season in the Big 10! Gig'em!

• Fire 1

Don't know if this is the proper place to put this, but it seemed as good as any:

Shatel's take on A&M leaving

The most interesting thing I found in all of this was something new I hadn't thought of before. Not all the information pertaining to A&M leaving, and the initial blows dealt, but the idea of the Big East taking four of the Big 12 schools, and the b-ball schools breaking off into a new conference, and all of a sudden, Creighton enters an expansion mix. That was kind of a shot out of nowhere by Tom. Would be an interesting development. Granted, while I follow and root for the Bluejays, they are my third Nebraska team now, with the Mavericks taking that spot away. Still, I like to see any Nebraska team make a step up for themselves, and that would be an interesting prospect for Creighton in all of this. Food for thought, anyway.

I'm pretty sure we are gone, unless the legislature does something.

Nice move waiting until the last minute to move the Board of Regents meeting up (requires 72 hrs notice), running a sweep around the political forces of the tsips, baylor, and those inbreds on the llano estacado.

A lot of A&M fans wanted to leave when you guys did. Believe me, we're more tired of tu than yall were.

I'm thinking tu's arrogance will finally do them in. I don't think they will do as well as an independant. I think the Notre Dame/Texas conference is a pipe dream, ND won't put up with Texas' shenanigans. They've already spurned down the PAC, plus the Longhorn Network thing would need to go. I'm hoping you guys had enough of them in the Big 12 to put the kibosh on any Texas to Big 10 move. And follow us to the SEC? tu would NEVER do that.

Zero U and Okie Lite, Missouri, and probably those Lubbock idiots will be able to find a decent conference. Probably KU also, with their basketball prowness. KSU, ISU, and especially Baylor will be hurting.

The tipping point seemed to be the publication of the agreement between ESPN and tu about the longhorn network, revealing the deceit tu was engaged in to the other Big 12 members. Now, they have been trying to strongarm lubbock into agreeing go put their game on the network. And Dodd's puppet Beebe has said the future of the league depends on tu, not A&M.

No matter what happens, should be an even more brutal than usual game on thanksgiving with them this year.

Best of luck this season in the Big 10! Gig'em!

I think Texas is being rather shortsighted in their never ending quest for more power. They have put the second best football conference in America on life support. They will either be playing in a second tier conference (remaining Big 12-3), joining a conference where they won’t get to call all the shots and play tougher competition, or take a chance with independence. Additionally, the SEC just got a backstage pass to the Texas recruiting show.

Care to change your respone?

"Texas Rep. Dan Branch said a meeting of the Higher Education Committee of the state's House of Representatives has been scheduled for Tuesday in part "because we are hearing Texas A&M and the SEC are talking more seriously and we are hearing about a possible vote (for invitation) by SEC presidents."

Branch said he's heard the SEC vote could be as early as Saturday and members of the committee want to ensure their questions about what is in the best interest of the state of Texas and its students are addressed.

"There are millions of dollars at stake," Branch said. "And this could affect students at other schools like Texas, Texas Tech and Baylor."

Branch referred to the potential impact of A&M's departure on television contracts.

another Texas troll! Why do you keep joining? and LMAO as the A&M Board of Regents meeting the day before Texas' HOR

I'm on a Nebraska board as a Horn. I don't expect you to be nice. Here is more info from the DMN.

From the Dallas Morning News -

"The A&M announcement came a few hours after the Texas House Committee on Higher Education, which controls state university funding, announced hearings regarding “college athletics,” specifically A&M’s possible move to the SEC."

Very important - "controls state university funding" What remains to be seen is how Aggie funding will be impacted. What kind of money is going to be discussed.

As I've been saying, Aggie doesn't get to pick up an move and neither does UT. Texas politics are going to play a huge role. TT and Baylor will also have something to say.

Boy are you going to feel really embarrassed come Monday. You've made quite a glorious fool of yourself in this thread. What a palooka.

I don't know why Texas is complaining. They are losing another threat to their NT run each season. Now they just have to beat OU to be conference champs. The big 12 will be like the big east has been except OU and Texas should be able to stay at the top. They're top dogs in their conference and are losing another group "whining" about all their might and glory. They'll bring in Houston or another school and have another "grateful just happy to be here" member.

I don't know why Texas is complaining. They are losing another threat to their NT run each season. Now they just have to beat OU to be conference champs. The big 12 will be like the big east has been except OU and Texas should be able to stay at the top. They're top dogs in their conference and are losing another group "whining" about all their might and glory. They'll bring in Houston or another school and have another "grateful just happy to be here" member.

I don't seem them being able to bring in Houston. C-USA should be doing everything they can to keep it that way.

They are not used to not getting their way.

They forget they sucked when the Big 12 was formed. A&M was the dominate team in Texas, and had been for a decade. Yeah, we've been not good lately, but it hasn't always been like that.

tu has destroyed two conferences, and this one twice.

Care to change your respone?

"Texas Rep. Dan Branch said a meeting of the Higher Education Committee of the state's House of Representatives has been scheduled for Tuesday in part "because we are hearing Texas A&M and the SEC are talking more seriously and we are hearing about a possible vote (for invitation) by SEC presidents."

Branch said he's heard the SEC vote could be as early as Saturday and members of the committee want to ensure their questions about what is in the best interest of the state of Texas and its students are addressed.

"There are millions of dollars at stake," Branch said. "And this could affect students at other schools like Texas, Texas Tech and Baylor."

Branch referred to the potential impact of A&M's departure on television contracts.

another Texas troll! Why do you keep joining? and LMAO as the A&M Board of Regents meeting the day before Texas' HOR

I'm on a Nebraska board as a Horn. I don't expect you to be nice. Here is more info from the DMN.

From the Dallas Morning News -

"The A&M announcement came a few hours after the Texas House Committee on Higher Education, which controls state university funding, announced hearings regarding “college athletics,” specifically A&M’s possible move to the SEC."

Very important - "controls state university funding" What remains to be seen is how Aggie funding will be impacted. What kind of money is going to be discussed.

As I've been saying, Aggie doesn't get to pick up an move and neither does UT. Texas politics are going to play a huge role. TT and Baylor will also have something to say.

First, the DMN is as credible and reliable as that piece of human excrement you have trolling the whole industry of journalism on your Orangebloods.com site. All they are is Beebe's and Dodd's mouthpiece in this and nothing more.

Two, unless Texas is willing to give up state money to A&M equal to what ESPN is giving them for athletics, A&M won't be blocked, nor will they lose funding. Too much has been said by ESPN, including publicly commenting that they knowingly overpaid for Texas media rights in crafting this network--that means that even if aTm had equal access to make their own network, they'll never get the funding or money the 'Whorns did. That's a competitive disadvantage that would need to be made up by the legislature, or things will get ugly for Texas in a heartbeat.

Three, yes, you are trolling. Go back to ShaggyBevo and drown in that cesspool instead of subjecting us to your pointy-uterus spawned derp. :facepalm:

Nebraska fans should be classy and nice, but there comes a point where some schools, their fans, and their corrupt cartels deserve a bitch slap instead of a field-leaving clap--Texas has now reached that point with many of us, and it's (amazingly enough) for post-2009 title game antics.

Don't know if this is the proper place to put this, but it seemed as good as any:

Shatel's take on A&M leaving

I'm kinda shocked no one brought up this intentional rip on Beebe:

Don't panic. Texas Athletic Director DeLoss Dodds, the Big 12 commissioner, said on Friday that the league will be fine but, whatever happens, "We'll (Texas) be in a good place. That's what we do. We're good at that."