Texas A&M is rattling the SEC sabre again because of ESPN 8: The Bevo

bring OU to the B1G

As much as we would like it, OU wouldn't take it. A lot of their fans already spoke their dis-concern for it, saying that travel would be to big for the away games. Personally I think PAC10 would be farther to travel, but what do I know (17hrs to Ann Arbor or 30hrs to seattle).

Okay, since ppl aren't posting real links except for the aggies paper, here is the most current that I can find from NBC sports.

Chris Level of RedRaiderSports — a man with some serious shoe leather — tweeted “Just got off the phone with AggieYell.com’s Jeff Tarpley. Aug 22nd is the day when A&M confirms they are headed to the SEC according to him.

“Bottom line is, everyone needs to focus on Monday, August 22nd. That is the first time anything can be official when it comes to the Aggies.“

Interestingly, Aug. 22 is the same day the NCAA will hold a meeting to discuss the legality of airing high school games on institutional and conference networks.

Click me

Everyone on the Mizzou Tigerboard is crying about this and STILL how it is Nebraska and Colorado that started the whole house of cards tumbling. Only a few understand that it is BEVO that is taking down the Big 12 house, mostly with Beebee's acceptance.

I had to also laugh about one post from a Mizzou supporter. They mentioned that the only reason they didn't join the big 10 last year was because the Big 12 was still there and solid. LIKE...maybe they need to be asked to another conference first?

I say good for A&M. If it turns out to be true...

Go Huskers!

Okay, since ppl aren't posting real links except for the aggies paper, here is the most current that I can find from NBC sports.

Chris Level of RedRaiderSports — a man with some serious shoe leather — tweeted “Just got off the phone with AggieYell.com’s Jeff Tarpley. Aug 22nd is the day when A&M confirms they are headed to the SEC according to him.

“Bottom line is, everyone needs to focus on Monday, August 22nd. That is the first time anything can be official when it comes to the Aggies.“

Interestingly, Aug. 22 is the same day the NCAA will hold a meeting to discuss the legality of airing high school games on institutional and conference networks.

Click me

Your source simply cited what has already been directly linked. :lol:

bring OU to the B1G

Sorry to sound elitist, but while OU's sports might make the cut, they don't fit geographically, culturally, nor academically.

Doesn't sound elitist just realistic. That's why the Big 12 is going down. Culture plays a big part and they just tried mashing 3 different cultures and it only worked for so long. OU is going to SEC or Pac-12.

Colorado left first! :)

Is the SEC really considering Missouri. I know media market but Missouri will end up around Ole' Miss calibur.

Doesn't really matter if you're grabbing for market--the locals will follow Missouri, but the idea is that they'll tune into the big matches (e.g. LSU vs aTm, 'Bama vs. Florida) because they now have a direct or indirect interest in them due to conference affiliation.

That's why the Big 10 may move on Maryland--they'll not do much in football or basketball, but they bring the Baltimore and DC markets--markets that the Big 10 can sell effectively for Nebraska vs. tOSU, or Nebraska vs. Michigan, or Michigan vs. Michigan State, etc., as they all have an impact on Maryland.

Unless OU's golden parachute has room for Mizzou, their only play is the SEC. If the aTm to the SEC is a done deal reports are true, Mizzou officials need to be running around screaming Roll Tide and War Eagle at the top of their lungs to the SEC brass...