Texas A&M is rattling the SEC sabre again because of ESPN 8: The Bevo

Which conference will get the automatic BCS bid that the big 12 will no longer have when they are no longer? Any ideas? Maybe WAC and MW can combine to get it. That would make my Wyoming alumi/fan of a husband happy.

I think we'll have to let the dust settle on expansion before we decide this. There may not be a BCS if we go to four 16-team Megaconferences.

If Chip Brown isn't reporting it, is it still true?

Well, make it official then:

link

All Chip Brown did is see what the Rivals Aggie site said, regurgitated it, and then added some nonsense about Oklahoma, OSU, and Florida State going to the SEC.

I sincerely doubt Florida State to the SEC--Florida is already in the SEC footprint, and they still wouldn't have a lock on that footprint because of Miami and the other 8.5 million FBS Florida schools. And multiple sources have said that the SEC wants nothing to do with the SEC--Okie Lite is like another Texas in the making thanks to T. Boones Farms Pickens' money, but with even less of a resume, if that's to be imagined.

Also, who says that the SEC needs to go to 16? It would behoove the SEC to find a moving buddy for aTm and stay at 14 until we see how the other conferences go. Remember, the SEC going to just 14 is likely going to trigger the Pac-12, Big 10, and ACC to expand by two--that's six schools, and there may be some overlap (e.g. Maryland) that may cause further dominoes to cascade.

Plus, it's Chip ******* Brown--the Brown Clown. The man is a cheap whore, liar, and thief--if I saw him in the crosswalk, I don't know if I could bring myself to press the brakes on the vehicle.

If Chip Brown isn't reporting it, is it still true?

Well, make it official then:

link

All Chip Brown did is see what the Rivals Aggie site said, regurgitated it, and then added some nonsense about Oklahoma, OSU, and Florida State going to the SEC.

I sincerely doubt Florida State to the SEC--Florida is already in the SEC footprint, and they still wouldn't have a lock on that footprint because of Miami and the other 8.5 million FBS Florida schools. And multiple sources have said that the SEC wants nothing to do with the SEC--Okie Lite is like another Texas in the making thanks to T. Boones Farms Pickens' money, but with even less of a resume, if that's to be imagined.

Also, who says that the SEC needs to go to 16? It would behoove the SEC to find a moving buddy for aTm and stay at 14 until we see how the other conferences go. Remember, the SEC going to just 14 is likely going to trigger the Pac-12, Big 10, and ACC to expand by two--that's six schools, and there may be some overlap (e.g. Maryland) that may cause further dominoes to cascade.

Plus, it's Chip ******* Brown--the Brown Clown. The man is a cheap whore, liar, and thief--if I saw him in the crosswalk, I don't know if I could bring myself to press the brakes on the vehicle.

I wouldn't think FSU would move from the ACC either. Florida may be a rival but i think that FSU-Miami rivalry is just as big. It might not trigger Pac-12 or Big 10 but might make the MWC consider adding teams since they are losing TCU and BYU. You don't take a team just because others are doing it. You take a team if it makes you better or trying to recruit in a specific area. A&M falls under the latter. Mizzou, ISU, K-State don't offer anything instead just dilute it. Kansas only big offer is basketball. I wouldn't be surprised if the SEC takes Baylor to rival it with Vanderbilt so have a private school in each division.

I can see how LHN showing high school games would be an advantage. "Commit to UT and your high schools' games will be on TV." Nudge nudge, wink wink. Kids are impressionable and I think this would be a big tool. I don't think the LongHorn Network has been picked up by any cable providers, yet. My wife, UT alum, got a message asking her to urge her local provider to carry the LongHorn Network.

I don't hear much about the Longhorn Electric providers anymore, either.

I'm getting a perverse glee watching all this unfold. Not quite like a car wreck. I have sympathy for the victims of a car wreck.

The whole "Let's just start a new conference with Notre Dame" stuff is hilarious. As if....

It wasn't that long ago the Texas wasn't even an afterthought on the national scene. Even when Notre Dame sucks, which has been often the last 20 years, they are still relevent. Texas will need to keep winning to remain relevant. I was able to get free tickets to UT games on the 50yd line, pretty much anytime I wanted as late as 1997. Bandwagon fans. The stadium was 1/4 empty, also. Mack Brown has changed all that. I don't think he's a good game coach, but he is a great recruiter/administrator. They would not be where they are without him. Yet, if he goes 5-7 again, or wins less than 8 games, he will probably be fired. That could easily put Bevo back into late 70s to late 90s type relevence. They will be able to replace him with a decent coach, but you never know. The culture in Texas is unique and not the easiest to deal with, if you aren't from here. Urban Meyer, or anyone else for that matter, would not be a lock to keep winning if he doesn't get how things work in Texas.

They need to check themselves, you need others to play games. Nobody wants to play with arrogant jerks. They have more money than sense. That I'm pretty sure of.

You all need to understand how Texas politics work. Aggie just doesn't get to leave the Big 12 because they decide too. Aggie and Texas are tied together and fool me once, fool me twice, fool me cough cough not a 3rd time. We can't break from Aggie and they can't break from us. State politics will crush the break up if it gets that far.

Aggie and UT are playing a chess game right now. Put your money on the people moving the the UT chess pieces over whoever is moving the Aggie chess pieces. State politics, tv rights, big money, legal issues, etc will all come into play. When it is all said and done Aggie will remain in the Big 12. What will be interesting is if Texas will have to make concessions on the new LHN. We'll have to see if Aggie has enough money to support a sustained fight.

With Rick Perry announcing he is running for President, God help us, the last thing he is going to want is in-state fighting.

Are there any cable providers lined up for the LHN?

And, correct me if I'm wrong, if Aggie can't break from UT and vice-versa, what is all this "We will just go independent blah blah blah" talk? I would think if UT has the right to go independent, Aggie can go to a different conference.

What do financial resources have to do with this fight? What money is being spent? Who is receiving any financial benefit from this? I would think that there are plenty of lawyers that would work probono for their respective universities.

Ohh, I get it, now. State Legislature bribery funds. Perry knows a lot about that, so don't count Aggie out just yet.

The LHN is going to be completely underwhelming. The only thing cool about it is the intensive football, basketball, and to a much lesser extend baseball coverage. I'm not sure why people are crying, we can only offer so many scholerships and it will not give UT any advantage. As long as UT has a good coaching staff and is competitive on the field they will recruit well. If UT doesn't improve from last year and falters for a few years, the LHN isn't going to sell the program to a kid. We have HS games are on TV already, one more channel isn't going to do much. Look how many HS we have in Texas. One school might be on the channel once every 4 years.

The NCAA ruled against HS on league or school networks today. Will see how this works out, but this ruling hurts Aggie as they are losing ammo now. Yet this came after strong lobbying by Aggie for the NCAA.

People posting on shaggybevo or any other UT site about going independent means squat. In between video games and hitting the bars they are not dictating where UT is headed. We don't have the right to go independent just because we want too, nor do we want too.

"What do financial resources have to do with this fight? What money is being spent?" Ha, I hope this was sarcasm. Budget cuts from the state to Aggie will be tossed around as one example.

I wish we could break from Aggie, but it doesn't work that way.

Edit - I personaly think The LHN is the fight Aggie is picking and they will probably win. Aggie has let UT get way out infront in everything that matters over the past ten years. Texas has been pushing forward thinking ideas for a while which has generated a ton of money for Texas. The LHN (I think it will fail) is the latest example. Aggie is getting heat and they have to show some backbone.

In the end Aggis is in the Big 12.

The big 12 was destined to fail. Texas is perfect state for my political and social views and morals but is so arrogant with its football. You have to appreciate good football while maintaining class and appreciating the other better team if there is one. May the best team win. Texas is so arrogant in its football world. I say pull your c@*k out of your mouths and realize that Texas football is not the center of it all. It's great but don't think your s#!t doesn't stink.