uniforms

2001 uniforms shall live FOREVER!!!

I think the striped pants are out-dated and look awful on our home uniforms and look 'just okay' with our road uniforms. However, if I had it my way, they would be out the door and we would bring back 2001 for eternity.

Adidas logo on the left, Huskers patch on the right, 'Nebraska' in small print above the numbers, the shoulder stripes at the bottom of the sleeve, not on the upper-shoulder, no striped pants, and knee high red/white socks for appropriate game location, will always be the best look ever. I believe the Bowl patch went on-top of the right shoulder pad as well, so there would be room for Bowl patches.

No one else really does knee high tall socks consistently and I thought they gave a more 'modern' look while keeping the 'classic' image.

Nothing you can show me can convince me that our uniforms can look better than those.

*Nerd Rant*

I hate the fact that we were the only team [darn near only team] in the Big XII [not sure about Big Ten] that did not have some form of our team name on our jersey. For example: It would mean playing for the 'Team name' on the front of your jersey as opposed to nothing at all. Yes it's a small thing, but I thought it was represented well with the design.

No, it shouldn't say 'HUSKERZ1!1!1' or something stupid like that, but I always felt that was a very over-looked part of our uniform that was taken off after the 2004 season and added again, a nice part of our uniform, while keeping it 'classic' and not 'over-doing' it.

And no, it doesn't ultimately matter when the game is in motion, since you cannot see it, but in freeze-frames, interviews, pictures, it adds a lot.

:rant:boxosoap

2001 uniforms shall live FOREVER!!!

I think the striped pants are out-dated and look awful on our home uniforms and look 'just okay' with our road uniforms. However, if I had it my way, they would be out the door and we would bring back 2001 for eternity.

Adidas logo on the left, Huskers patch on the right, 'Nebraska' in small print above the numbers, the shoulder stripes at the bottom of the sleeve, not on the upper-shoulder, no striped pants, and knee high red/white socks for appropriate game location, will always be the best look ever. I believe the Bowl patch went on-top of the right shoulder pad as well, so there would be room for Bowl patches.

No one else really does knee high tall socks consistently and I thought they gave a more 'modern' look while keeping the 'classic' image.

Nothing you can show me can convince me that our uniforms can look better than those.

*Nerd Rant*

I hate the fact that we were the only team [darn near only team] in the Big XII [not sure about Big Ten] that did not have some form of our team name on our jersey. For example: It would mean playing for the 'Team name' on the front of your jersey as opposed to nothing at all. Yes it's a small thing, but I thought it was represented well with the design.

No, it shouldn't say 'HUSKERZ1!1!1' or something stupid like that, but I always felt that was a very over-looked part of our uniform that was taken off after the 2004 season and added again, a nice part of our uniform, while keeping it 'classic' and not 'over-doing' it.

And no, it doesn't ultimately matter when the game is in motion, since you cannot see it, but in freeze-frames, interviews, pictures, it adds a lot.

:rant:boxosoap

IMO if we went with the 2003 Jerseys and Pants with the 2001 Knee-high Socks and the new helmets we would = perfection achieved.

i feel that nu,s uniforms have got ugly....the stirps on the pants and shoulders clash...what are you thoughts on the uniforms..i like the ones in the past without the stirps, or nu needs to get modern like oregon

In b4 sh*t storm!

new_york_knicks_shit_storm_1_4.jpg

me too. and i love pants w stirps

i feel that nu,s uniforms have got ugly....the stirps on the pants and shoulders clash...what are you thoughts on the uniforms..i like the ones in the past without the stirps, or nu needs to get modern like oregon

Might be an age thing (I'm old) I like the uniforms, but I could live without the red pants on the road - I know most people don't like the all white.

BUT WE NEED THE WHITE SHOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Big Tens record vs the SEC isn't very good. The SEC for the most part has white shoes, the Big 10 black. Its obvious what we need to dominate the Big 10 :)

post-4426-023512600 1310859439.jpg

• Fire 1

The all white look is crap!!!!!! And by the way for those who are supersticious the record in "all white" speaks for itself. That look has about as good of a chance to appear like a B******* for the OSU game. And did I mention how crappy they look.

And by the way cb1954 those are black shoes in your attached pick. They look white because of the spat job(that is they are taped around for further ankle support for those in the unknown). Like last fall when Rex looked like he was sporting white shoes against Western Kentucky.

Personally white shoes work for Bball, but unless they are some straight up Chuck D's white don't work in football

Personally i think with our introduction into the Big Ten, our uniforms should look as far away from similarity to Wisconsin's uniforms as humanly possible.

Another great point. I hate the fact our uniforms are so similar to theirs. They even wore red pants in the Rose Bowl.

If you took someone not really associated with College Football, but they knew that you're favorite team was Nebraska, and you showed them clips from the 2011 Rose Bowl, while covering up the score and muting the audio, I bet you more than a few fans would say "That's Nebraska out there".

IMO if we went with the 2003 Jerseys and Pants with the 2001 Knee-high Socks and the new helmets we would = perfection achieved.

That's essentially what 2001 was. :D

If I'm not mistaken, those helmets were not cream-colored like our past helmets, they were strictly a white shell.

What do you mean by new helmets? The design, the color scheme, or what? Did we go back to the cream-shell look? In a few HD shots I can tell our helmets now are a little more cream, but maybe I missed something.

The all white look is crap!!!!!! And by the way for those who are supersticious the record in "all white" speaks for itself. That look has about as good of a chance to appear like a B******* for the OSU game. And did I mention how crappy they look.

And by the way cb1954 those are black shoes in your attached pick. They look white because of the spat job(that is they are taped around for further ankle support for those in the unknown). Like last fall when Rex looked like he was sporting white shoes against Western Kentucky.

Personally white shoes work for Bball, but unless they are some straight up Chuck D's white don't work in football

No, the Huskers wore white shoes (as did most teams) from around the mid 70s through most of the 80s. check the link

Past Uniforms (down the page)

• Fire 1