uniforms

Apparently no one really knows about uniforms. The reason that the stripes on the sleeves looked so different last season was because they changed the fit of the uniform. The sleeves are much shorter and are a tighter better performing fit. Minus the NFL which requires every player to wear tall socks, wearing socks in football is a dated trend. The Huskers uniforms are a lot like the Yankees, there is tradition behind them so you will never see a huge change in design. When they changed them to the thick stripe on the pants and different top to look more modern they caught a lot of flack for it and those jerseys were gone in a year.

Actually I think we all know that.

• Fire 1

I would not be against some black uniforms for the 50th anniversary of the blackshirts or something like that.

This is an intriguing idea. I MIGHT be okay with this, depending on how it looked, but that is a real stretch.

Some of you guys may be in serious danger of having your 'man card' revoked.

Nah, I'm pretty comfortable in my own skin, like most of us, that we can talk about things like this and be just fine with it. :P

Apparently no one really knows about uniforms. The reason that the stripes on the sleeves looked so different last season was because they changed the fit of the uniform. The sleeves are much shorter and are a tighter better performing fit. Minus the NFL which requires every player to wear tall socks, wearing socks in football is a dated trend. The Huskers uniforms are a lot like the Yankees, there is tradition behind them so you will never see a huge change in design. When they changed them to the thick stripe on the pants and different top to look more modern they caught a lot of flack for it and those jerseys were gone in a year.

:yeah

• Fire 1

I would not be against some black uniforms for the 50th anniversary of the blackshirts or something like that.

This is an intriguing idea. I MIGHT be okay with this, depending on how it looked, but that is a real stretch.

Some of you guys may be in serious danger of having your 'man card' revoked.

Nah, I'm pretty comfortable in my own skin, like most of us, that we can talk about things like this and be just fine with it. :P

:yeah

looking at some past photos, the black shoes suck

How could anyone who claims to be a Nebraska Cornhuskers football fan want to wear black uniforms. Unbelievable.

I'm not trying to pick on you here, but I get kind of tired of this attitude. If we wore black uniforms for ONE game, would it really be such a big deal? I don't think anyone wants to change tradition, but it's fun to switch things up now and then for a brief moment. The whole, "This is how we have always done things, this is how we will always do things, and that's that" attitude wears me down.

But then again, maybe I'm not a real fan. ;)

Yeah, it would be a pretty big deal. Black is not a school color, I don't know why we would wear it. Teams wearing black for the hell of it is getting old. Lets not put ourselves in the same boat with these disasters:

Tennessee+black.jpg

sp-stanfordunifo_0502262602.jpg

407045.jpg

206475_10150150101266854_22208101853_7132923_7947021_n_display_image.jpg?1302726740

And that doesn't even include VT's Pro Combat Black...god forbid that ever happen here.

I look at these uniforms and all I can think of is how much I like them all (except Tennessee. Those are OK.) We have a tradition of giving out black shirts for our starting d-fence. This would be one way to get that fact more attention (don't know how many people outside our fan base who really know about the black shirts.)

How could anyone who claims to be a Nebraska Cornhuskers football fan want to wear black uniforms. Unbelievable.

I'm not trying to pick on you here, but I get kind of tired of this attitude. If we wore black uniforms for ONE game, would it really be such a big deal? I don't think anyone wants to change tradition, but it's fun to switch things up now and then for a brief moment. The whole, "This is how we have always done things, this is how we will always do things, and that's that" attitude wears me down.

But then again, maybe I'm not a real fan. ;)

Yeah, it would be a pretty big deal. Black is not a school color, I don't know why we would wear it. Teams wearing black for the hell of it is getting old. Lets not put ourselves in the same boat with these disasters:

Tennessee+black.jpg

sp-stanfordunifo_0502262602.jpg

407045.jpg

206475_10150150101266854_22208101853_7132923_7947021_n_display_image.jpg?1302726740

And that doesn't even include VT's Pro Combat Black...god forbid that ever happen here.

I look at these uniforms and all I can think of is how much I like them all (except Tennessee. Those are OK.) We have a tradition of giving out black shirts for our starting d-fence. This would be one way to get that fact more attention (don't know how many people outside our fan base who really know about the black shirts.)

That Florida St. all black is sweet! I agree, Stanford's is pretty cool and UT is just so so.

The black jersey advocates do realize that the blackshirts are only handed out to the defense right? Why in the world would our offense have to wear a black jersey if they still practice in scarlet and cream?

To pay homage to the tradition of the blackshirts?

Wouldn't the best way to pay homage to the tradition be to... carry on the tradition? Breaking the tradition seems to be a wacky way to pay homage to it.

• Fire 1

i feel that nu,s uniforms have got ugly....the stirps on the pants and shoulders clash...what are you thoughts on the uniforms..i like the ones in the past without the stirps, or nu needs to get modern like oregon

Tuff Tiger!

Good to see you again!