uniforms

Personally i think with our introduction into the Big Ten, our uniforms should look as far away from similarity to Wisconsin's uniforms as humanly possible.

Another great point. I hate the fact our uniforms are so similar to theirs. They even wore red pants in the Rose Bowl.

If you took someone not really associated with College Football, but they knew that you're favorite team was Nebraska, and you showed them clips from the 2011 Rose Bowl, while covering up the score and muting the audio, I bet you more than a few fans would say "That's Nebraska out there".

This is a great point.. but Barry copied Nebraska, Nebraska didn't copy them. The copycat changes, you don't change the original.

IMO if we went with the 2003 Jerseys and Pants with the 2001 Knee-high Socks and the new helmets we would = perfection achieved.

That's essentially what 2001 was. :D

If I'm not mistaken, those helmets were not cream-colored like our past helmets, they were strictly a white shell.

What do you mean by new helmets? The design, the color scheme, or what? Did we go back to the cream-shell look? In a few HD shots I can tell our helmets now are a little more cream, but maybe I missed something.

2001 and 2003 uniforms were very similar but in 2003 the sleeves were back to the double stripe which I prefer over the 2001 single stripe... but unfortunately in 2003 the socks were absent. Which is why I said the 2003 tops with 2001 socks.

As far as the helmets it's just the design, the colors are the same. Prior to 2004 the vents on top of the shell were all little pinprick style vents. Now they have the modern slot vents on top and have much better airflow. They also don't have that crappy foam padding anymore.

IMO if we went with the 2003 Jerseys and Pants with the 2001 Knee-high Socks and the new helmets we would = perfection achieved.

That's essentially what 2001 was. :D

If I'm not mistaken, those helmets were not cream-colored like our past helmets, they were strictly a white shell.

What do you mean by new helmets? The design, the color scheme, or what? Did we go back to the cream-shell look? In a few HD shots I can tell our helmets now are a little more cream, but maybe I missed something.

2001 and 2003 uniforms were very similar but in 2003 the sleeves were back to the double stripe which I prefer over the 2001 single stripe... but unfortunately in 2003 the socks were absent. Which is why I said the 2003 tops with 2001 socks.

As far as the helmets it's just the design, the colors are the same. Prior to 2004 the vents on top of the shell were all little pinprick style vents. Now they have the modern slot vents on top and have much better airflow. They also don't have that crappy foam padding anymore.

Ah yes, the vents. I knew the vents were changed for all players now due to air-flow. I thought it used to be player preference but after seeing everyone with the pin-holes, it's a universal thing.

I have to disagree with the difference between 2001 and 2003 tops. I think the 2003 tops, the logos, are closer together, as the 2001 tops, the logos are more spread apart. The 2001 and 2003 tops in terms of sleeves, both were double stripe. It just depended how said player rolled up the sleeves on his jersey.

An example of the logos, I present from Jamaal Lord: http://sites.google.com/site/nebraskafootballhistory/_/rsrc/1239124266019/uniforms/Lord%202003.jpg

From 2001 TCU game

In the first picture, the sleeves are not tucked into the pad, thus showing the double stripe.

http://graphics.fansonly.com/confs/nacda/graphics/preseason-pigskin-crouch.jpg

In the second picture where it looks like there is a single stripe, I think the sleeve is just tucked into the pad.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/1206/ncf_g_heisman2001_390.jpg

You can see in the 2nd picture of how one would think there were just single sleeves. Both are from the same game, but both have different styles of sleeves as shown.

I think that was of player preference, as it seemed that most players had their jersey tucked into the pads, which is why it could be considered single sleeve as opposed to double sleeves.

Even when Crouch got his jersey retired, the jersey shows the double sleeves. http://www.huskersnside.com/pics/640/FKTIAMMEOVIVDXF.20020901030215.jpg

Just super small differences, but we both have the right idea. :P

....only 48 more days until kickoff. This off-season is far too long.... :cheers