Anyone worried about beck as our offensive coordinator

josh

Back in my day, passing was impossible, because we played with a cinderblock instead of a football.

It was always good when you got to play a game with the game ball vs using practice balls that were slick, weighed 10 pounds and were 100 years old....

Kicking one of those things would break your foot.

I think Beck will be fine. I expect some improvement. Some things that I expect to see are less penalties and turnovers.

1. We now look at the defense and go where they are weak. Watson used to say who cares if they have 7 in the box, we're still going with the running play we called 2 minutes ago. Beck says "Taylor, audible it. See what the defense is doing and go where they are weak, where they have a mismatch."

5. Watson used paragraphs to call plays. Now, Taylor can say the play in a sentence. This speeds up the tempo so defenses can't get set as well and get their breath. This makes for less chance of mishearing a play call and thus confusion amongst players. This leads to smaller learning curves for young players and hopefully, faster time on the field. etc.

Good post but. . .

Taylor will not be calling plays and audibles.

The team will stand at the line, look to the sidelines for 3 mimes and a mobile billboard for the plays.

Mimes.jpg and pg2_oregon_sign1_200.jpg

Ummm. . .Taylor never did call the plays. And the QB will still be able to audible.

Wait I understood what the 3 mimes were saying, but Lee Corso, a gopher, the panthers, and Bill Murray looking psychotic lately in caddy shack means nothing to me... We're in trouble.

1. We now look at the defense and go where they are weak. Watson used to say who cares if they have 7 in the box, we're still going with the running play we called 2 minutes ago. Beck says "Taylor, audible it. See what the defense is doing and go where they are weak, where they have a mismatch."

5. Watson used paragraphs to call plays. Now, Taylor can say the play in a sentence. This speeds up the tempo so defenses can't get set as well and get their breath. This makes for less chance of mishearing a play call and thus confusion amongst players. This leads to smaller learning curves for young players and hopefully, faster time on the field. etc.

Good post but. . .

Taylor will not be calling plays and audibles.

The team will stand at the line, look to the sidelines for 3 mimes and a mobile billboard for the plays.

Mimes.jpg and pg2_oregon_sign1_200.jpg

Ummm. . .Taylor never did call the plays. And the QB will still be able to audible.

Wait I understood what the 3 mimes were saying, but Lee Corso, a gopher, the panthers, and Bill Murray looking psychotic lately in caddy shack means nothing to me... We're in trouble.

Pay attention grasshopper:

Lee Corso is old, so the formation is the single wing

gophers live underground, so the ol' hidden ball play

panthers are on the Atlantic coast, so the play is to the right side

Bill Murray looking psychotic is nuts, so the defense is in the Cosgrove 4-3 front so any play will produce a touchdown

I wouldn't say I'm worried, The way I see it is that there's no way the offense will be worse than it was last season.

I do think it's fair to have some reservations in having an unproven guy as our OC, though. I'm withholding any sort of judgement until I see what he can do. And even then, I'm willing to give a pass on certain things until he has a chance to establish himself.

I wouldn't say I'm worried, The way I see it is that there's no way the offense will be worse than it was last season.

I do think it's fair to have some reservations in having an unproven guy as our OC, though. I'm withholding any sort of judgement until I see what he can do. And even then, I'm willing to give a pass on certain things until he has a chance to establish himself.

My momma always said, "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."