Nebraska's X Factor

GSG

Sigh...hate when good stuff is in video instead of print. Can't watch at work. Thanks anyway though I'll listen later.

I hear ya.

He basically said that Turner was able to go from taking reps at QB, then move over to WR and then have an awesome spring game. He thinks he'll be a great slot receiver that will help spread the defense for our running game. He also thinks Turner is going to be electric in the return game.

I replied over at ESPN and I'll reply the same here. I think Eric Martin is going to have a breakout season at DE. I think he's going to be an unaccounted XFactor for Nebraska.

Maybe I'm completely wrong as I do not know the kid, but just from what you hear from coaches about Martin I don't think he is probably the brightest cat. My guess is he will always have a hard time getting the concept of Bo's defense. Therefore, he really couldn't ever play LB. However I also think his size and speed make him dangerous as a weakside d-end.

But I think you will only see him during passing downs where they can just tell him to rush the QB and kill him. As I said, I'm not trying to be mean to the kid, but some kids can get Bo's concept(which by the way is probably the hardest D in college football to learn, and you only have 4-5 years to do it in between school) and some can't.

That's why you see some kids who were highly touted recruits never get on the field much. Speaking of, Ricky Thenarse had the athletic ability but it was pretty well known even if he didn't get hurt he was never a full time safety for lack of picking up the defense.

That's why you see some kids who were highly touted recruits never get on the field much. Speaking of, Ricky Thenarse had the athletic ability but it was pretty well known even if he didn't get hurt he was never a full time safety for lack of picking up the defense.

He also had trouble remembering that he had arms and could actually wrap them around whoever he was trying to tackle rather then just torpedo them and hope they fall over.

Preseason hype....and nothing but. If the guy is right, he will bring it up thinking himself a genius. If he is wrong, which he probably will be, he will never mention and it will be a forgotten statement in the forgotten history of college football.