LB Deion Jones*

ADS

If he stays.... can you imagine the LB talent we bring in next year? Michael Rose, Zaire Anderson, Debo, and then if we possibly sign Lambert... GBR!

Well, hell. We've got Compton back next year, and Whaley's gotten some good PT the last couple games. I'm starting to think he's ready to contribute next year.

Beyond that... :confucius Roach, Slaughter, and Santos are all good but have little to 0 experience.

If he stays.... can you imagine the LB talent we bring in next year? Michael Rose, Zaire Anderson, Debo, and then if we possibly sign Lambert... GBR!

From a recruiting standpoint this would be a HUGE recruiting victory over LSU if Debo can stay. Hopefully the visit shores up Zaire. I hope like heck that the staff is recruiting the living he** out of both Lambert and Nance, getting either one of these would be icing on the cake. Having these guys as apart of our D would make us scary, no doubt.

Deion is not going anywhere, he will be a Husker.

I like ur thinking speed. Feeling or fact?

More of a feeling, feels like the Ameer Abdullah situation. The homestate team waited too long to make their move, and now it might be too late.

More of a feeling, feels like the Ameer Abdullah situation. The homestate team waited too long to make their move, and now it might be too late.

i like the attitude too but its still a long way till feb.

Hey, I think Bo knows how badly we need to wrangle us some new horses to run his scheme effectively and have a good defense. Especially at LB. If the talent level ain't there, you can bet your ass he knows.

That being said, I said this about Zaire Anderson: If the above is true, Bo KNOWS just how much we'll need Zaire to step into Lavonte's shoes next season and upgrade our athleticism at the LB spot immediately. And he will do what he needs to do to keep the kid. If he makes an all out push to keep Zaire aboard, I'm not going to waste any energy worrying about him, and think he'll be N easily when the dust clears.

I'm starting to think the same about Debo. Initially I thought the homestate offer was too great to overcome and he'd pull a Bennie Logan, but that may not be the case. If Bo wants Debo N, he'll find a way.

Man I hope so. One thing Debo should consider is that he won't be treated like a number if he came to NU. Plus he would see the field a lot sooner if he came to NU.

Man I hope so. One thing Debo should consider is that he won't be treated like a number if he came to NU. Plus he would see the field a lot sooner if he came to NU.

Hell he might be able to start from day one, if he puts the work in when/if he gets here.

Hell he might be able to start from day one, if he puts the work in when/if he gets here.

What kind of projections are we looking at for next year's LBs? Assuming we stay in the same scheme, 3 starting spots. Compton and Whaley should be starters if they continue to play like they have the last few weeks. With the talent on the roster and those coming in... Who gets the next spot? I know it's been said that Debo will likely play the LB/DB mix role. Who comes in and starts for David next year?

What kind of projections are we looking at for next year's LBs? Assuming we stay in the same scheme, 3 starting spots. Compton and Whaley should be starters if they continue to play like they have the last few weeks. With the talent on the roster and those coming in... Who gets the next spot? I know it's been said that Debo will likely play the LB/DB mix role. Who comes in and starts for David next year?

Zaire Anderson will take David's spot if he gets the scheme down in time. As for Debo he will need to add some pounds, and get the mental aspect down. I do have faith in him though.

relax. hearing good things about david santos who's redshirting this year

On another note we NEED Debo and Zaire otherwise we'll have a hard time winning the B1G with Miller and Robinson as running QBs.

As much as there is some truth to that, it is not entirely right. The front four play a lot bigger role in containing QBs like the afore mentioned. Hence, a more pressing need for athletic fast DL and ends like McMullen. Nate Iese fits that mold very well.

Losing Debo would suck but in no way whatsoever does it kill NU if he decides to do what he always said he wanted. Senior films are starting to be sent out, if you don't think this staff will be offering a "diamond in the rough" type kid here in the next two months you haven't noticed a pattern that has gone on every year since Pelini has been here. The staff knows about the LB situation and they are not done probably considering the chances with some of the bigger names out there that NU is in on.