LB Deion Jones*

ADS

What are the chances he decides to stick around? From what I read on the LSU boards, they are offering him as a safety. Hopefully he is a man of his word and stays with us. Anyone have any inside info on what he is thinking?

He is like most every kid growing up here in Nebraska who wants to be a Husker. The same mind set goes in Louisiana. Not many grow up dreaming of being a Rajun Cajun or playing for La Tech.

Debo, as been stated throughout the thread, wanted a LSU offer. I think the chances are 10% or less that he turns this offer down.

Commit without stepping foot on campus.

Deion should be a 4* player once his film hits the recruiting sites if all is to believed to be true with this guy. From what I've heard, the kid is an absolute monster of a LB, but isn't widely known because of his lack of film at this point.

I see he was an All Stater and the his numbers are legit. And the stars are probably do to lack of film.

So in theory, after this kid tears it up again this fall, and LSU throws out the offer he is gone.

Wow, like a modern age dumber version of Nostradomus there. OK, i am pretty much just a lush and a dumbass.

That is the rumor. There was talk before his comittment that both Bama and LSU thought he was too small for LB and said he should be a safety.

However, if you have seen LSU the last couple of years Debo fits right into their scheme of OLB/S hybrid players that they throw out on the field to run around and through offenses. Look at their roster now filled with LBs from 200 lbs to 230. Right where Debo can end up. And each on flies like the wind.

Debo has said he wants to be a LB, and this offer may be as a Safety, but it is almost one and the same with that defense. I honestly can't see him not taking it.

That is the rumor. There was talk before his comittment that both Bama and LSU thought he was too small for LB and said he should be a safety.

However, if you have seen LSU the last couple of years Debo fits right into their scheme of OLB/S hybrid players that they throw out on the field to run around and through offenses. Look at their roster now filled with LBs from 200 lbs to 230. Right where Debo can end up. And each on flies like the wind.

Debo has said he wants to be a LB, and this offer may be as a Safety, but it is almost one and the same with that defense. I honestly can't see him not taking it.

Yeah, as I was posting this I was just visualizing LSUs LBs and with a little bit of weight he'll look like a current backer. Man this is BS.

I know this doesn't look very good... But for some reason, I still have a good feeling about this kid. I think that he realizes we've been nothing but honest with him from the beginning and that (hopefully) he feels this is still the place he belongs. Hell, if I were the kid I'd probably even be a little pissed off. I live in LA, backyard of LSU. I've been working really hard. And I'm not good enough for an offer from LSU until after other big colleges start recruiting me? After I sign with another major college? After my senior season?

I know this doesn't look very good... But for some reason, I still have a good feeling about this kid. I think that he realizes we've been nothing but honest with him from the beginning and that (hopefully) he feels this is still the place he belongs. Hell, if I were the kid I'd probably even be a little pissed off. I live in LA, backyard of LSU. I've been working really hard. And I'm not good enough for an offer from LSU until after other big colleges start recruiting me? After I sign with another major college? After my senior season?

I hear what you're saying, but history tells us that this scenario is idealistic. Most kids that have their sights set on a school close to home, especially prospects in the south and will overlook things that you mentioned. In our case, think Shoff, despite the fact that we have not offered him, for reasons we all know, if offered by NU he unhesitatingly would take it.

Maybe this is why the staff is offering so many LBs. Well this and the fact we don't have any next year. So if he leaves do they still go after four LB?

According to Scout, LSU has four LBs already.

Oversigning at its finest.

It is a HUGE advantage.

Ethical issues momentarily aside: SEC teams that basically cut unproductive athletes and don't EVER give scholarships to walkons and kickers have a huge advantage in available talent.

I'm not saying that I wish NU would do this . . . I'm just saying it wil be hard to compete on a playing field that is not level.