LB Deion Jones*

ADS

On another note we NEED Debo and Zaire otherwise we'll have a hard time winning the B1G with Miller and Robinson as running QBs.

As much as there is some truth to that, it is not entirely right. The front four play a lot bigger role in containing QBs like the afore mentioned. Hence, a more pressing need for athletic fast DL and ends like McMullen. Nate Iese fits that mold very well.

Losing Debo would suck but in no way whatsoever does it kill NU if he decides to do what he always said he wanted. Senior films are starting to be sent out, if you don't think this staff will be offering a "diamond in the rough" type kid here in the next two months you haven't noticed a pattern that has gone on every year since Pelini has been here. The staff knows about the LB situation and they are not done probably considering the chances with some of the bigger names out there that NU is in on.

True about the DL. I just really want these guys on our squad.

No update to share, other than everytime I open this site I am split between excitement and dread when I see it posted to.

You'd think the fact that he hasn't accepted the LSU offer already is a good sign for us if anything. I know that if I was committed to say Michigan, and Nebraska offered me a committable offer, they'd have it accepted immeadiately.

Makes me wonder if A) the LSU offer is committable, and B) They got back to him in time to pull him away from us, C) He is 100% committed and sticking to it. We have gotten him here on a visit, so maybe he is ready to come in and try to play right away for us.

Definitely hope we can keep this kid, looks like a future star, but wish him the best either way.

No update to share, other than everytime I open this site I am split between excitement and dread when I see it posted to.

You'd think the fact that he hasn't accepted the LSU offer already is a good sign for us if anything. I know that if I was committed to say Michigan, and Nebraska offered me a committable offer, they'd have it accepted immeadiately.

Makes me wonder if A) the LSU offer is committable, and B) They got back to him in time to pull him away from us, C) He is 100% committed and sticking to it. We have gotten him here on a visit, so maybe he is ready to come in and try to play right away for us.

Definitely hope we can keep this kid, looks like a future star, but wish him the best either way.

stated (in the captain obvious statement of the year) that he's gonna have some extremely tough choices to make in the coming weeks....

Don't know if this was posted already, but he tells a lot here. Says Bama was 1st, LSU 2nd, but they didn't offer him. Uh oh

The things I took from this video:

• Nebraska was his third choice.
  • He wants to major in sports medicine.
  • It took his parents about a week to come around to the idea of him being at Nebraska.
  • He's close with his family.
  • He says he'll play anywhere, not just a spot at linebacker (has dropped back at safety and played some wideout).
  • Corey Raymond did a good job recruiting him.
  • Seems like a really, really good kid.

Holding out hope.

stated (in the captain obvious statement of the year) that he's gonna have some extremely tough choices to make in the coming weeks....

I would agree, you would think if he was that serious about going to LSU he'd have decommitted by now.

I would agree, you would think if he was that serious about going to LSU he'd have decommitted by now.

I think he is as good as gone. Sure hope that I'm wrong.

I think he is as good as gone. Sure hope that I'm wrong.

I'm not overly confident here, but the fact he hasn't left yet shows what he thinks of NU and the staff.