LB Deion Jones*

ADS

You guys always say, "oh well" and "good luck." Which I get, but actually I feel sorry for kids like these and would like to say, I'm sorry, to Debo, and possibly some other poor guy who has been on scholly. Since LSU had one LB who hasn't committed yet, if he does I could see oversigning. If that happens either Debo is left out to dry since he's not the original guy they wanted or they oversign and a guy who's been giving his heart and soul to LSU gets his scholly ripped away from him. Not good either way

BTW, what happens if Bama offers?? Wasn't that Debo's first choice????

• Fire 1
You guys always say, "oh well"

and "good luck." Which I get, but actually I feel sorry for kids like these and would like to say, I'm sorry, to Debo, and possibly some other poor guy who has been on scholly. Since LSU had one LB who hasn't committed yet, if he does I could see oversigning. If that happens either Debo is left out to dry since he's not the original guy they wanted or they oversign and a guy who's been giving his heart and soul to LSU gets his scholly ripped away from him. Not good either way

I hear you but the draw to stay close to home is almost always greater. Besides all of these kids think oversigning won't happen to them. If this were the case NU would have way more guys of his caliber show up. It sucks but it is what it is. We still have a chance at some quality but until them Bo's gonna have to work it out with what he has. No way Bama offers Debo.

You guys always say, "oh well" and "good luck." Which I get, but actually I feel sorry for kids like these and would like to say, I'm sorry, to Debo, and possibly some other poor guy who has been on scholly. Since LSU had one LB who hasn't committed yet, if he does I could see oversigning. If that happens either Debo is left out to dry since he's not the original guy they wanted or they oversign and a guy who's been giving his heart and soul to LSU gets his scholly ripped away from him. Not good either way

I am so with you on these thoughts. On the Husker side of things, you sit and say to yourself ... what more love could have been shown ... from a staff and a fan base. I'm totally bummed here. This guy was instant impact here and cheered as a Blackshirt. It is such a clear picture of all the bad things about the SEC and college football recruiting. I'm sick to my stomach. I won't be moving on just yet.

I continue to be amazed by this type of thing happening every year...I know it is not just us but how hard is it to go through a recruitment and say "yes I like Nebraska, LSU, etc. I will make my decision by X date."

Instead you get the following:

“Solid,” Jones told Scout.com of his commitment to NU after his visit with Raymond. “It was awesome. He made me feel really comfortable with my commitment. It means a lot, they saw my potential from the very beginning.” Jones told Rivals that Raymond made him feel like he'd known his family for 25 years.

...and then he goes over to LSU in a heartbeat a couple days later. I have a lot more appreciation for the kids and parents that do this the right way then the ones who tell you to your face they are "solid" and that "it means a lot" but then bail when the next shiny object comes along.

http://huskerextra.c...8cb9ac30e8.html