***Rumor*** Looking for info

Bo personally told every husker reporter to report nothing about Taylor's elbow because he didn't want all the attention on Taylor during the big10 media days.

Right. And the OWH is so well known for playing ball with Bo's every wish. :rolleyes:

It's times like these when I start thinking how nice it would be to start handing out 30-day bans for people who post and perpetuate false rumors.

pretty sure i have been right on more than a few over the years good sir. i got this info and alot of other info from players on the team that i am either related to or know through relation, among other sources.

just cuz you dont believe it or dont like "rumor" threads does not make them inaccurate or even stupid. it just makes them something to talk about. and you may lose some posters due to "rumors" but obviously you will also gain posters from "rumors" as well.

This. Unless the mods have run a statistical analysis to find unusual drops in membership counts and then determining a cause I think everyone should just relax and enjoy the ride.

• Fire 1

Bo personally told every husker reporter to report nothing about Taylor's elbow because he didn't want all the attention on Taylor during the big10 media days.

Right. And the OWH is so well known for playing ball with Bo's every wish. :rolleyes:

It's times like these when I start thinking how nice it would be to start handing out 30-day bans for people who post and perpetuate false rumors.

pretty sure i have been right on more than a few over the years good sir. i got this info and alot of other info from players on the team that i am either related to or know through relation, among other sources.

just cuz you dont believe it or dont like "rumor" threads does not make them inaccurate or even stupid. it just makes them something to talk about. and you may lose some posters due to "rumors" but obviously you will also gain posters from "rumors" as well.

This. Unless the mods have run a statistical analysis to find unusual drops in membership counts and then determining a cause I think everyone should just relax and enjoy the ride.

4000+ views and over 100 posts make it one of the more popular threads on the board.

• Fire 2

4000+ views and over 100 posts make it one of the more popular threads on the board.

I like rumors as much as the next guy, but to be fair it was a REALLY REALLY slow week to this point.

And what if it turned out to be true? I specifically said I was pretty sure it wasn't true, but so many people here have much better connections than I do. I meant no harm in posting this, posed it as something I was hoping for someone to tell me otherwise, and said we could close it down immediately. In no way was I trying to start a witch hunt. I've asked for the thread to be closed. What else could I have done outside of not posting?...which I understand now should have been my option. Sorry knapplc. I felt I was pretty straight forward.

For every rumor that we've had that's turned out to be even partially true we've had a dozen that were little more than someone crying "wolf!" It gets to a point where you have to determine whether these threads entertain the members or annoy them enough that they go elsewhere. We've lost members for being both too permissive and too restrictive of rumors, among other things. Our job is to balance those two ends. We've tried dedicated forums, we've tried locking/removing threads like this until proven true, we've tried all kinds of things.

You're a guy who has posted, what? Five times this year? Folks don't know if you're on the level or if you're poking the anthill with a stick. You say you wanted information, so instead of asking, "Has anyone heard anything about Martinez lately," you come out with "Martinez broke his elbow." If you're just looking for information, it seems odd to post a rumor about the worst-case scenario.

Calm down... You're an internet message board moderator. Without posts on rumor related topics, the traffic to this site would probably disappear throughout the summer months... Internet geeks crack me up! Judging a man, presumably, on the number of posts he's made this year?!?

If it bothers or annoys you, DON'T READ IT.

• Fire 2

And what if it turned out to be true? I specifically said I was pretty sure it wasn't true, but so many people here have much better connections than I do. I meant no harm in posting this, posed it as something I was hoping for someone to tell me otherwise, and said we could close it down immediately. In no way was I trying to start a witch hunt. I've asked for the thread to be closed. What else could I have done outside of not posting?...which I understand now should have been my option. Sorry knapplc. I felt I was pretty straight forward.

For every rumor that we've had that's turned out to be even partially true we've had a dozen that were little more than someone crying "wolf!" It gets to a point where you have to determine whether these threads entertain the members or annoy them enough that they go elsewhere. We've lost members for being both too permissive and too restrictive of rumors, among other things. Our job is to balance those two ends. We've tried dedicated forums, we've tried locking/removing threads like this until proven true, we've tried all kinds of things.

You're a guy who has posted, what? Five times this year? Folks don't know if you're on the level or if you're poking the anthill with a stick. You say you wanted information, so instead of asking, "Has anyone heard anything about Martinez lately," you come out with "Martinez broke his elbow." If you're just looking for information, it seems odd to post a rumor about the worst-case scenario.

Calm down... You're an internet message board moderator. Without posts on rumor related topics, the traffic to this site would probably disappear throughout the summer months... Internet geeks crack me up! Judging a man, presumably, on the number of posts he's made this year?!?

If it bothers or annoys you, DON'T READ IT.

There's a balance. Knapp didn't come out with this post until there had been repeated, unsubstantiated rumor posts. Fire it out there once, fine. But don't continually pepper threads with undocumented doomsday scenarios. If you can't show me a shred of evidence that what you're saying is true, I don't want to hear about it all day. So I for one appreciate the mods trying to limit an onslaught of "lookitme" injury rumors.

I'm not saying nobody should relay a message about the team that they've heard. But until it is official, out of the university, don't tell me I'm going to "feel stupid" for not unquestioningly nodding at everything you say.

Some people take things on faith, others need something tangible for belief. I'm in the latter, and somebody saying "a dude on the team told me" is not tangible. It's a gust of wind.

• Fire 2

A buddy of mine, Joe Rogan, told me that he has it on good authority that Martinez broke his orbital bone in a underground cage fighting league. He defeated Santino Panico in the process, but will be out for the first month of the season.

Did you have to bring up his name? I am not kidding in saying that I could have had a better PR average than he did...and that isn't saying much.

A buddy of mine, Joe Rogan, told me that he has it on good authority that Martinez broke his orbital bone in a underground cage fighting league. He defeated Santino Panico in the process, but will be out for the first month of the season.

Did you have to bring up his name? I am not kidding in saying that I could have had a better PR average than he did...and that isn't saying much.

Most of the reason I used Santino's name was due to the fact that I've seen where he's been doing MMA fights. Plus a cage-fighting injury is about as likely as Bo telling all of his best friends in the media to keep Taylor's bionic elbow under wraps :lol:

Most of the reason I used Santino's name was due to the fact that I've seen where he's been doing MMA fights. Plus a cage-fighting injury is about as likely as Bo telling all of his best friends in the media to keep Taylor's bionic elbow under wraps :lol:

Panico is doing MMA? He better not to try and run away from a fight, he wouldnt make it to far.

Has this been reported anywhere yet?

Nope. I've even asked around, including a few friends. This is the only place that's "reporting" this.

And yet my rumor was lie. Can't believe people bought the sprained elbow story. Can we finally lock this up now?