Funny blurb on Rivals about Wyoming

Mike Huguenin with Rivals has an article out with some blurbs at the bottom. One caught my eye:

• For the first time in its history, Wyoming has sold 10,000 season tickets. Perhaps Cowboys fans are just psyched about their team's new uniforms; Wyoming, which went 3-9 last season and had its starting quarterback unexpectedly transfer, will have nine different jersey-pants combinations this season. The school also has two helmets, with a brown version in addition to its great-looking white version. Wyoming is, of course, a Nike school, and is there any Nike school left that doesn't have at least five uniform combinations?

LINK

Ummmm.... Mike? It has nothing to do with their spiffy new jerseys. It has everything to do with this statement on the Wyoming Athletic Department website:

Note: The only way to ensure a ticket to the Nebraska game is by purchasing a season ticket.

LINK

You guys have to get a look at these uniform combos that Wyoming has now:

http://www.wyomingathletics.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/071211aaa.html

Those all brown helmets are atrocious.

They look fine.

I work with a couple Wyoming alums, they aren't real happy about "messing with tradition"

The brown helmets look like they're made of chocolate. Fittingly so because Wyoming's football team usually MELTS on Saturdays :lol:

They don't really have much they can do, short of changing the school's color scheme, which is, as you say, a tradition. Their white helmets are pretty mediocre as well, but I won't ever call a plain, one-color matte helmet design 'ugly', if for no other reason than supporting simplicity.

I always think white helmets with white pants look legit (ruined forever by NU's uniforms) but PLEASE LET THEM BE WEARING THE ALL-YELLOWS WHEN WE VISIT THOSE THINGS ARE ATROCIOUS.

I always think white helmets with white pants look legit (ruined forever by NU's uniforms) but PLEASE LET THEM BE WEARING THE ALL-urines WHEN WE VISIT THOSE THINGS ARE ATROCIOUS. (as in peed their pants)