Have you ever heard somebody say this?

Never heard of a fan of the Huskers say they dislike the fans.

Usually one dislike goes with the other. And more often than not, its coming from someone who is either a.) from Colorado, b.) from Kansas, c.) from Missouri, or d.) some strange amalgamation of genetics from the previously mentioned states.

Never heard of a fan of the Huskers say they dislike the fans.

Usually one dislike goes with the other. And more often than not, its coming from someone who is either a.) from Colorado, b.) from Kansas, c.) from Missouri, or d.) some strange amalgamation of genetics from the previously mentioned states.

you forgot iowa, or as flatwater said, creighton fans.

Hey, I used to pull for creighton when they werent playing DoNU, but their uppity, conceited fans put the kabosh on that. I guess that means that I wasnt a real fan, then....

I've heard plenty of people say it. People respect our program, but can't stand our arrogance and elitist attitude as a fanbase. Can't say I don't feel the same way at times, even about myself. Humility isn't one of the defining characteristics of our fanbase, that's for sure (especially not on the internet).

• Fire 3

I know one guy who says he'd be a bigger fan but he can't stand that constant whining or gloating that comes after each game and doesn't want to be associated with those fans.

Personally, I get a little turned off by the extremists as well - I may think all those things, but I have the restraint to keep it to myself because usually a couple weeks later you realize how ridiculous it would have sounded if you'd said it aloud. However, I probably piss a lot of people off with my extreme highs and lows during bball season, so I can't say a whole lot...

I know one guy who says he'd be a bigger fan but he can't stand that constant whining or gloating that comes after each game and doesn't want to be associated with those fans.

Personally, I get a little turned off by the extremists as well - I may think all those things, but I have the restraint to keep it to myself because usually a couple weeks later you realize how ridiculous it would have sounded if you'd said it aloud. However, I probably piss a lot of people off with my extreme highs and lows during bball season, so I can't say a whole lot...

100% true

Being with super fan while out at a game or bar is one thing, being with super fan who has to "educate" all others on all things Husker is lame.

I've heard plenty of people say it. People respect our program, but can't stand our arrogance and elitist attitude as a fanbase. Can't say I don't feel the same way at times, even about myself. Humility isn't one of the defining characteristics of our fanbase, that's for sure (especially not on the internet).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP1hWtMRxpk&feature=related