Have you ever heard somebody say this?

I've heard plenty of people say it. People respect our program, but can't stand our arrogance and elitist attitude as a fanbase. Can't say I don't feel the same way at times, even about myself. Humility isn't one of the defining characteristics of our fanbase, that's for sure (especially not on the internet).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP1hWtMRxpk&feature=related

Dude, are you having a Futurama marathon tonight? :lol:

Probably the most annoying thing is how somehow, somewhere along the line our fanbase got pegged as being "classy." Which maybe we are, maybe we aren't. But every rare time Husker fans do something classless or somewhat disrespectful or make fun of another team of fanbase or whatever, other fanbases flip and go OMG UR SPOSED TO BE CLASSY WUT NOW HUSKER FANZ!!! LOL DF$JISL0KWQQS ...which does get annoying. I agree that our fanbase can come across as elitist, but we are just dedicated fans whose team has a rich tradition that we are very proud of, and we expect the best from our team. If other people don't like that, fine, deal with it.

• Fire 1

The only thing that ever bothers me about fellow fans is being around the one's whose entire weekend is ruined if the huskers don't do well. Not ruined in "a shucks, that sucks" way, but in a don't be around me for 24+ hours if the huskers don't blow everyone out way. It's just not fun to be around those people when the game is on, anything goes wrong and they turn into a angry shell. I've been friends with 2 such people. A loss (except for the Texas b12 championship game with Suh) only sticks with me for about max 30 minutes IRL. After that I can laugh it off and have a good time.

The only thing that ever bothers me about fellow fans is being around the one's whose entire weekend is ruined if the huskers don't do well. Not ruined in "a shucks, that sucks" way, but in a don't be around me for 24+ hours if the huskers don't blow everyone out way. It's just not fun to be around those people when the game is on, anything goes wrong and they turn into a angry shell. I've been friends with 2 such people. A loss (except for the Texas b12 championship game with Suh) only sticks with me for about max 30 minutes IRL. After that I can laugh it off and have a good time.

Very much this. After growing up making it to personal, I realized I'm not on the team and have really nothing to lose watching these games.

Agreed wholeheartedly. I used to be that guy, but after the Virginia Tech loss in '09 I felt really guilty and convicted that I was taking this too seriously, and I've learned to appreciate a good effort from my school win or lose. I barely even watched the Holiday Bowl.

Agreed wholeheartedly. I used to be that guy, but after the Virginia Tech loss in '09 I felt really guilty and convicted that I was taking this too seriously, and I've learned to appreciate a good effort from my school win or lose. I barely even watched the Holiday Bowl.

I'm with ya. I turned off the Holiday Bowl, not because we weren't winning/doing well, just because our guys weren't giving full effort. I couldn't stand to see that.

Never heard that about a fan of the actual team mentioned. However I understand respecting a team but not their fans (that's how I feel about Wisconsin - good team, but their fanbase is full of a$$hole$.)

wisky fans will be equal to KSU fans- never really won anything except the big 10, not much past success but think they're all that-tOSU might be bigger ahole fans but at least they've won something past and present

I've heard plenty of people say it. People respect our program, but can't stand our arrogance and elitist attitude as a fanbase. Can't say I don't feel the same way at times, even about myself. Humility isn't one of the defining characteristics of our fanbase, that's for sure (especially not on the internet).

Thank you, i'm not alone.

I wonder how many of you guys denouncing the fans as "arrogant" and "elitist" were around in the 80s and early 90s and went through that era. I have a hard time believing that many people who were old enough to remember the feeling at that time would actually think our fanbase is arrogant.

I'm sure there are the occasional few people out there who truly are embarrassingly arrogant, but that is the exception, not the rule.

"I like the Huskers. I just don't like the fans" It is such a cop out statement from someone who is likely a fair weather fan.

Most Husker fans are good. Most fans are not as hardcore as Husker fans though. Husker fans know the full roster and can quote past game scores in their sleep. The average fan can't do that, even ones who really support their team and many have pro sports teams to keep up with as well. Husker fans have the automatic advantage in any discussion and it could come off as arrogance even if not intended.