Sad or Happy we don't play Oklahoma anymore?

I am very sad that the Sooners are now going to be distant friends....

Of all teams, Oklahoma remindes me of Nebraska....simple and hard working. They have earned my respect....Period.

I don't like it at all. I doubt I will live to see another Oklahoma game. Its maybe someone what of an age thing, growing up in the 60s and since, there was the football season and the Oklahoma game. All the other games together didn't mean nearly as much as playing OU. I understand the move to the Big 10, why it maybe had to be, and its probably for the best, but I will miss the Big 12, although it was not as good as the Big 8.

Pretty sad. Being a young guy, I can't recall ever being more amped up for a regular-season game than I was for OU in '00 and '01. The rivalry was still pretty intact at that point. After that, the rivalry effectively died and is kind of a historical relic. It really is sad. A home-and-home in ten years would be pretty nostalgic, but it will never be the same.

Honestly, the nostalgia will always be there...but that ship named Despair sailed in 1996.

Agree entirely, they took on Texas as their first priority. We were never a reciprocal rival with them after 2001. However, yes, I will miss the series, but more for what it was historically, rather than what it became.

Honestly, the nostalgia will always be there...but that ship named Despair sailed in 1996.

EXACTLY

I would have to say I am neither happy or sad. Nebraska Oklahoma will always mean a lot when we meet but since it hasn't happened every year since 1996 it has lost a lot of the pizazz that it once had. We will always be a rivalry but it will never really mean the same thing it once did.

Nebraska-Oklahoma

Series totals

W 38, L 45, T 3

Points for: 1,424

Points against: 1,689

This is the only matchup I'll miss out of the Big XII, best rivalry in football.

Another reason we left the conference, Tom wanted to keep the rivalry every season but Texas said no.

Love to see us pick it up again like FSU/UF.

I am very sad that the Sooners are now going to be distant friends....

Of all teams, Oklahoma remindes me of Nebraska....simple and hard working. They have earned my respect....Period.

I don't like it at all. I doubt I will live to see another Oklahoma game. Its maybe someone what of an age thing, growing up in the 60s and since, there was the football season and the Oklahoma game. All the other games together didn't mean nearly as much as playing OU. I understand the move to the Big 10, why it maybe had to be, and its probably for the best, but I will miss the Big 12, although it was not as good as the Big 8.

:yeah

GBR!!!