Who does/or did sneak booze into a Husker game?

I've never understood the interest in drinking at the game. Husker games don't need alcohol to make them interesting. :dunno

Are you one of those blue hairs who always bitches at people & spews that "down in front" crap?

No, I'm the guy yelling and screaming my ass off the whole game.

To answer questions above, I most certainly "carry a red cup" before the game, for hours before the game usually, but since I have a Super Liver I'm stone-cold sober by the time I walk into the stadium. Beering it up at a tailgate is perfectly normal, perfectly healthy. I just don't get the need to drink at the game.

I have a beer or ten at a baseball game, but that's different - you're sitting around loafing the whole time in a club chair with a beverage holder in front of you. You're supposed to drink there.

In Memorial Stadium, aka "the Big Red Sardine Can," there's hardly room to bend your elbow. I suppose if I sat in the club seats or a skybox I might have a beer at the game, but like GMoose, I'm watching as much of the game as I can. I would probably let my beer get flat and warm at the game, if you could drink there.

Last game I went to was the Oklahoma game in 09. Spent the afternoon at the bar. Met my friend's cousin and his girlfriend's family in the Champions Club or whatever. They gave us a bottle of Crown, so we poured it into a couple empty Aquafina bottles. Stick it down the front of your pants and walk right through the door. Bought a couple of Pepsi's. It was all gone by the first couple minutes of the 2nd quarter. Went back out at halftime and drank a few more beers, couple shots, etc. I still remember the whole game too. :)

I've never understood the interest in drinking at the game. Husker games don't need alcohol to make them interesting. :dunno

Same here. I am also so incredibly focused on every aspect of the game that being drunk just, well, gets in the way. I just wait until after the game to practice the old adage, win or lose, we still booze.

That's how I feel. When I drink I want to talk, laugh, be an idiot. When Nebraska football is going on I have no interest in conversation unless it is about the game, and with someone as psychotically focused on the game as I am.

I thought this was interesting but it seems that 20 D1 schools will now be selling beer at their stadiums. I believe that WVU is the latest school to start this.

They are pretty sure that selling beer at their 7 (I think its 7) home games will result in 1 million dollars in profit. I guess I think that seems a bit low but it is still good.

I know that NU would not do this while TO is around but I could see it happening someday.

I thought this was interesting but it seems that 20 D1 schools will now be selling beer at their stadiums. I believe that WVU is the latest school to start this.

They are pretty sure that selling beer at their 7 (I think its 7) home games will result in 1 million dollars in profit. I guess I think that seems a bit low but it is still good.

I know that NU would not do this while TO is around but I could see it happening someday.

Good GOD man! WVU is going to sell alcohol IN THE STADIUM?

So, over/under 2 seasons before someone gets stabbed with a rusty screwdriver at a Mountaineer game?

(Bonus over/under: 11 teeth combined between stabber and stabee.)

• 2 weeks later...

Never bring anything in, but if I had a mind to (like if it's reeeeeally cold), would probably bring in a flask or two of captain. Like mentioned earlier, the problem is the damn bathroom breaks. Not worth risking any plays just to take a leak. Although I do love me some husker punch until about an hour until kickoff...