Denardo has some interesting tweets

Of the three RB newbs I have been hearing more chatter about Heard and Ameer than Green. I am not surprised, I think Ameer's running style is the one best suited to get him on the field early. Heard is a one cut and gone type of guy, so hopefully we see him fill in the Helu role at some point.

Nebraska Practice - QB - they are built to beat you with their legs and hopefully hurt you with their ARMS but balanced they are not.

Hmmmmm.....

Lack of balance was the hallmark of some of our greatest teams. Balance for the sake of balance is overrated.

Effectiveness >>>>>> Balance

Nebraska Practice - QB - they are built to beat you with their legs and hopefully hurt you with their ARMS but balanced they are not.

Hmmmmm.....

Lack of balance was the hallmark of some of our greatest teams. Balance for the sake of balance is overrated.

+100

He likes what he sees from Stafford. Loves Ameer. Ameer must of had a good practice. Likes Caveman at RE. Thinks Turner could have a big year.

Even as poorly as they played at times last year, he has said that he really likes the look of our offensive line. Said they look athletic, hopefully he is correct and they perform well. I think he said they look like the most athletic line in the big ten, dont quote me on that.

Hmmmmm.....

Well I wasn't making a case that we NEED to be balanced. I could care less about balance as long as we're moving the ball and scoring points.

However, they need to at least be COMPETENT passers. Should a situation arise where we NEED to throw the ball and we're not able to, then an extreme unbalance can bite you right in your ass.

EDIT: Also, it's not like we didn't already know that our QB's, for the most part, are better runners than passers. And we already knew that Bo wanted to go to a predominantly run-oriented offense. It was more of "thank you Captain Obvious" to DiNardo.

• Fire 1

Hmmmmm.....

Well I wasn't making a case that we NEED to be balanced. I could care less about balance as long as we're moving the ball and scoring points.

However, they need to at least be COMPETENT passers. Should a situation arise where we NEED to throw the ball and we're not able to, then an extreme unbalance can bite you right in your ass.

EDIT: Also, it's not like we didn't already know that our QB's, for the most part, are better runners than passers. And we already knew that Bo wanted to go to a predominantly run-oriented offense. It was more of "thank you Captain Obvious" to DiNardo.

Agree.

The balance 'philosophy' purpose is to be unpredictable and make it hard to defend. You can be unpredictable an hard to defend all sorts of different ways, the key is to be competent and effective in both phases.