I'm just going to ask the question

HuskerT

Ok guys, I think we all know how good our teams and players were in the 90's and no doubt the most high profile and valuable of them all was Tommie Frazier. Does anyone think Tommie either accepted money or extra benefits to come to Nebraska or received money or extra benefits while he was at Nebraska?

Before anyone jumps down my throat for asking the question please know that Tommie Frazier is one of my favorite players of all time and a hero of mine and no matter what is said it won't change my view of him. Just considering recent allegations running wild throughout the ncaa, I've become quite curious and think its a fair question to ask.

Tommie came to Nebraska because we were gonna let him play QB. That's why.

This is the correct answer. Tommie was a highly-regarded athlete, but most schools would not promise to play him at QB. Nebraska did, and Nebraska was probably the top school that ran the option similar to his high school. The OP's question seems to imply Nebraska was "undeserving" of such an athlete without resorting to shady deals. It's ridiculous and insulting.

We could ask this about any high profile guy. I'm sure that players of our along the line have had illegal benefits, but now I realize why we don't get all the superstar recruits. Because we don't offer them hookers.

Well, South Beach is supposedly just full of aspiring models willing to resort to prostitution to pay the bills, so its probably easy to lure recruits that way. I don't have any firsthand experience with Nebraska prostitutes, but I suspect there aren't too many decent-looking ones. We would have to recruit out-state hookers to recruit the out-state players. Just seems like too much work.

• Fire 2