What do you most want to see out of Tennessee Chattanooga?

Lots of depth, have the 1st String go out by the half. Overall, NO and I mean No Letting Up! I know its the first game and people always are against running up the score, but I remember Nebraska games where they'd have the other team on their heels, and the 3rd string would be going against their 1st string, and kicking ass and taking names. Also, no injuries. I imagine, we won't see all of Nebraska's playbook by any means, but as long as they play hard.

I think everything's been covered. I will say this...the first game can always be a bit of an anomaly. But I think if NU plays solid, fundamental football, the rest takes care of itself. No matter what the pundits say, this should be Nebraska's only 'lay-up' of the season. And the minute Husker fans, or the players for that matter, believe in 'lay-ups', look at the performance vs. SDSU last year, it could get dicey. It will take more than talent to get the Huskers where fans want them to be this year. It's going to take solid coaching. Because let's admit it...talent is everywhere anymore. But it takes great leadership to bring it all in.

I think everything's been covered. I will say this...the first game can always be a bit of an anomaly. But I think if NU plays solid, fundamental football, the rest takes care of itself. No matter what the pundits say, this should be Nebraska's only 'lay-up' of the season. And the minute Husker fans, or the players for that matter, believe in 'lay-ups', look at the performance vs. SDSU last year, it could get dicey. It will take more than talent to get the Huskers where fans want them to be this year. It's going to take solid coaching. Because let's admit it...talent is everywhere anymore. But it takes great leadership to bring it all in.

I'd say there's about a less than 1% chance a SDSU happens in this game. SDSU knew what play we were going to run over and over again, and were well enough coached to stop it.

I guess I'll restate whats been said

1) No Injuries

2) No O Turnovers

3) Few Penalties

3) Run the new Offense and if that means no huddle all the way to 70 points then run in all day, I think you have to get the tempo, practice and consistency. Does not meean every play needs to be shown but the pace is the pace.

4) Good solid D as expected.

I honestly want this game to be 70-0. We haven't beatdown a team like that in a long time.

70-0 is highly unlikely. Last year against Cam Newton and Auburn the Mocs lost 62-24. Auburn had an unstoppable force on offense. However, Chattanooga's 3 touchdowns did come against Auburns 1st team defense. Chattanooga will score some points, unfortunately it appears that Nebraska will score more. I would be surprised if the Mocs give up more than 42 points and score less than 21.

Look for a scare through the first 3 quarters and then your depth shall prove too much to overcome.

My prediction Nebraska 38 Chattanooga 24....

No injuries........no turnovers.........no bad weather........awesome experience.

I will be there for the game getting in Friday afternoon please let me know where to be for pre game activities both friday night and saturday morning.

Thanks

Jeff Lloyd

gomocs1987@gmail.com

I hope that they do in fact run the offense that they plan to run. What I mean is, we have heard they didnt show a thing in the spring game and that what they ran that day was nothing like what the offense really is.

After awhile, I feel you really need to start running the offense you are going to rely on all year. I am not a huge believer in trying to save your offense for big games.

Run your offense see how teams are adjusting to it and adjust from that. Try to stay one step ahead. I understand that many coaches do not want to put "things on film" for other teams and that is fine.

My thinking is, if you put it on film and watch it later, you get to see how the defense adjusted, you also get to see if what the defense did on a particular play/formation worked or not. If it worked, you need to go back an make some adjustments.

I think trying to hold back to much can work against you at times.

I gotta agree with that. As Uncle Milt always used to say....."you got to have reps". Run whatever it is we're going to run. Over & over & over. Sure, save some wrinkles but the basic package......run it.

I'm dying a horrible death to see what the offense is.

I honestly want this game to be 70-0. We haven't beatdown a team like that in a long time.

70-0 is highly unlikely. Last year against Cam Newton and Auburn the Mocs lost 62-24. Auburn had an unstoppable force on offense. However, Chattanooga's 3 touchdowns did come against Auburns 1st team defense. Chattanooga will score some points, unfortunately it appears that Nebraska will score more. I would be surprised if the Mocs give up more than 42 points and score less than 21.

Look for a scare through the first 3 quarters and then your depth shall prove too much to overcome.

My prediction Nebraska 38 Chattanooga 24....

No injuries........no turnovers.........no bad weather........awesome experience.

I will be there for the game getting in Friday afternoon please let me know where to be for pre game activities both friday night and saturday morning.

Thanks

Jeff Lloyd

gomocs1987@gmail.com

Welcome to the board! :)

I am sorry to say that, barring a humongous letdown, your team is not going to put up 24 on any string of Bo Pelini's defense.

Among teams that have attempted to do so and failed are, well, almost everyone that plays us.

I do not know if the offense will cruise or if they will stumble and would not be surprised at the latter. But 24 points? That's a solid "will not happen."