Kinnie

okaive

Niles made some great blocks, but he also whiffed on a LOT of blocks. Let's not pretend that Niles was some perfect player with a couple of drops. Great guy, loved him as a Husker, but let's be real about his playing time here.

I’m just saying that Niles was a better blocker then Kinnie is. They both have/had problems catching the ball. This is nothing new for Kinnie and people pretending that it is are kidding themselves.

I honestly couldn't compare the two. Niles was a beast and built like a brick ****house, so it makes sense that he would be able to block like a madman. Kinnie doesn't have the same frame as Niles, so maybe that has something to do with it. I really can't remember a block Kinnie has thrown, nothing memorable comes to mind.

I think Kinnie will right the ship. He's had drops before, but nothing like this.

Niles made some great blocks, but he also whiffed on a LOT of blocks. Let's not pretend that Niles was some perfect player with a couple of drops. Great guy, loved him as a Husker, but let's be real about his playing time here.

I’m just saying that Niles was a better blocker then Kinnie is. They both have/had problems catching the ball. This is nothing new for Kinnie and people pretending that it is are kidding themselves.

I honestly couldn't compare the two. Niles was a beast and built like a brick ****house, so it makes sense that he would be able to block like a madman. Kinnie doesn't have the same frame as Niles, so maybe that has something to do with it. I really can't remember a block Kinnie has thrown, nothing memorable comes to mind.

I think Kinnie will right the ship. He's had drops before, but nothing like this.

What is amazing is that two freshman and a sophmore are making the hard catches and Kinnie is not. I thought he was going to have a breakout year just like I thought Paul would, and so far, he has not performed like he is going to have a breakout year.

What is amazing is that two freshman and a sophmore are making the hard catches and Kinnie is not. I thought he was going to have a breakout year just like I thought Paul would, and so far, he has not performed like he is going to have a breakout year.

Agreed. It's baffling. Kinnie had 44 catches last year for 500 yards and 5 scores. He has the ability, he's just off mentally.

Kinnie led the team in scores from the wideout position last year. I have no doubt he can get it together and be a major contributor. Nothing in his past says he's a bonehead. He's just going through a rough patch.

Agreed. It's baffling. Kinnie had 44 catches last year for 500 yards and 5 scores. He has the ability, he's just off mentally.

Kinnie led the team in scores from the wideout position last year. I have no doubt he can get it together and be a major contributor. Nothing in his past says he's a bonehead. He's just going through a rough patch.

I think he is just putting too much of a burden on himself. He feels that he has to prove to all these young guys and be a leader, and that is making him lose his focus. On a side note, maybe if he closed the twitter page for an hour or two a day it might help :)

I think he is just putting too much of a burden on himself. He feels that he has to prove to all these young guys and be a leader, and that is making him lose his focus. On a side note, maybe if he closed the twitter page for an hour or two a day it might help :)

I wonder if that wouldn't help all the players focus some. An awful lot of tweets come flying out during the "boring" night classes.

The funny thing about all this talk of Niles Paul in this thread is that he's the guy on the phone calling Kinnie to pump him up. Niles hasn't forgotten his teammates or Nebraska, and he's paying attention.

I griped when Niles fumbled the ball, and I cheered for him when he torched a couple of teams (Colorado punt return, sticking the dagger in Arizona), and overall I'm glad he's a Husker. He's good people.

Kinnie was hot/cold last year as well. He had a few big games; Washington (105), OK State (62), Kansas (67)...but he had other games where he was a non factor; K-State (0), Missouri (13), ISU (22), Oklahoma (18), Washington (21)

Maybe things will click here shortly. I don't remember him flat out dropping balls last year...but I also based a lot of my hope on this season based on the Washington/OK State games. Maybe he's just a 40ypg guy? We're all looking for the 1,000 yard receiver.

40 yards per game would be a huge jump.

haha - no crap. I was just saying, he kinda had games like this last year. at least neither of these really mattered right? Isn't that how we're explaining away th rest of the offense currently? Why can't Kinnie catch the same break? :) I'm telling you, it's a trick - he's setting up Wisconsin. Just wait.

EDIT: When I said "catch" the same break - you don't have to respond with "because he can't catch anything" :P

40 yards per game would be a huge jump.

haha - no crap. I was just saying, he kinda had games like this last year. at least neither of these really mattered right? Isn't that how we're explaining away th rest of the offense currently? Why can't Kinnie catch the same break? :) I'm telling you, it's a trick - he's setting up Wisconsin. Just wait.

EDIT: When I said "catch" the same break - you don't have to respond with "because he can't catch anything" :P

It was mentioned earlier that BK sprained his thumb in practice before the Tenn-Chatt game. That's obviously going to hinder your ability to catch a football. I don't know if it was still hurt during the Fresno game, but Bo needs to stop being so damn stubborn and realize if a hurt player is hurting your team, get him the hell out of there.

It was mentioned earlier that BK sprained his thumb in practice before the Tenn-Chatt game. That's obviously going to hinder your ability to catch a football. I don't know if it was still hurt during the Fresno game, but Bo needs to stop being so damn stubborn and realize if a hurt player is hurting your team, get him the hell out of there.

I agree with this so much it hurts.