We will lose......

bsbch

5-6 games this year. Our rush D looks like 2007 and our O is big play or nothing....VERY frustrated......

I will cover any amount you want to bet on this "prediction." Are you a real Husker fan or just another bandwagon hanger on?

T_O_B

:throwdabones1::bonesflag::throwdabones1:

Why do debbie downers get labeled as non-Nebraska fans? Only Sunshine pumping is allowed?

5-6 games this year. Our rush D looks like 2007 and our O is big play or nothing....VERY frustrated......

I will cover any amount you want to bet on this "prediction." Are you a real Husker fan or just another bandwagon hanger on?

T_O_B

Why do debbie downers get labeled as non-Nebraska fans? Only Sunshine pumping is allowed?

Good question. An intelligent fan is critical of his/her team when the play on the field warrants concern. That doesn't mean you bash the kids, but saying you're worried about certain things doesn't make you bad fan.

T_O_B

Good question. An intelligent fan is critical of his/her team when the play on the field warrants concern. That doesn't mean you bash the kids, but saying you're worried about certain things doesn't make you bad fan.

Why don't these "you're not a fan" comments constitute a personal attack? So many other things do, so why not calling someone a non-husker fan or not a real husker fan on a husker fan site count? The idea that critical, possibly not-all-positive analysis makes someone some kind of traitor is a pretty lazy way to to counter criticisms. How is it any different from name calling? Person 1: The D line play was pretty bad. They were getting pushed around by Fresno state who was able to put together a sold running game.

Person 2a: Oh yeah? Well... you're a poop head!

Person 2b: Oh yeah? Well... you're not a real fan!

I'm generally not for bans on non-vulgar, mean personal attacks, but in this context where such a ban exists, I don't see how calling out a person's non-fandom, essentially calling them a traitor, is not a personal attack.

That's all. Argue the points made by critics-- if you can't and/or the points aren't valid, that's one thing. But if they hold an arguable position, argue it. Don't side step the issue with an ad hominem.

If we don't improve we will lose 5-6 games. Hopefully they will get better each week. They miss FONZO bigtime. I think this defense will be better when Evans can play the nickel and as some of our newer guys on D get seasoned. Would like to see Smith and Stafford at the safeties as we need more speed there too. What would we ever do if David got hurt. That would be devastating.

I am hoping the offense gets better as they open up the playbook more and get more reps as the season goes along. Can't believe we didn't see more of the freshmen backs. I hope they don't pull another Arod on us. Those guys need to get some snaps. Would also like to see more Bell, Turner & Enunwa.

do people actually think this will happen? I have more faith in our coaches. We have a new OC, a new offense, and a lot of youth. And not having dennard is huge.

I think our line in particular will get better

Oh I agree with you. I think we will improve. We need to avoid injuries at certain spots.

T_O_B

And there we have it....if you aren't blinded by the Nebraska red you're labeled a Husker hater. All of these boards are getting really hard to read. Nebraska has played two subpar teams and looked so-so at best in both of them. The team is nowhere ready for B10 play yet so yes, there is the possibility they could lose 4-5-6 games. But, maybe the team fixes the issues (that have plagued them for years - (an offensive offense) - and improves immensely in the next two weeks. I sure hope so because 10-4 or 9-5 will be a disappointment.

• Fire 1

T_O_B

And there we have it....if you aren't blinded by the Nebraska red you're labeled a Husker hater. All of these boards are getting really hard to read. Nebraska has played two subpar teams and looked so-so at best in both of them. The team is nowhere ready for B10 play yet so yes, there is the possibility they could lose 4-5-6 games. But, maybe the team fixes the issues (that have plagued them for years - (an offensive offense) - and improves immensely in the next two weeks. I sure hope so because 10-4 or 9-5 will be a disappointment.

Amen.

T_O_B

I've noticed the same thing. God forbid you make a negative comment or voice any criticism.

This is still a Pelini defense. They're going to improve as the season goes on.

As for 5-6 losses... You obviously didn't see Michigan barely beat an average at best Notre Dame team, or Ohio State escape Toledo, or Iowa lose to Iowa State. At this point, I think we lose to Wisconsin, but we're beyond capable of winning every other game on the schedule.

On the other hand, I saw a couple people say we wouldn't see another QB this year as good as Carr. They obviously haven't heard of Denard Robinson or Russell Wilson.

Michigan is garbage, they play no one OOC, all their games are at home. Ohio State is decent, but not great. The only real team in the Big-10 is Wisconsin.

Me thinks you will change your mind sometime this coming Saturday.

As for 5-6 losses... You obviously didn't see Michigan barely beat an average at best Notre Dame team, or Ohio State escape Toledo, or Iowa lose to Iowa State. At this point, I think we lose to Wisconsin, but we're beyond capable of winning every other game on the schedule.

On the other hand, I saw a couple people say we wouldn't see another QB this year as good as Carr. They obviously haven't heard of Denard Robinson or Russell Wilson.

Michigan is garbage, they play no one OOC, all their games are at home. Ohio State is decent, but not great. The only real team in the Big-10 is Wisconsin.

nu in a good year, 8-4 and thats a strecth, bad year-8-5...i sometimes wonder if carl penili is any good as a defensive cord? there will be some teams figure out how to stop tmartinez, and that will hurt

We will lose, if Justin Blatchford is the best we can throw out at the nickel spot. My grandma is a bad mismatch for him. He has killed NU when he is tryinf to cover anyone in the slot

After last week's game, I woulda bet a LOT of money that Blatchford would never see a significant snap again. I'm worried that they can't find someone better to put out there... even with Dennard out they should still have someone better than that.

Also, without David that linebacker corps is pretty darn slow...

Michigan with Robinson and Wisconsin with Russell Wilson will torch our DB's.

Michigan with Robinson and Wisconsin with Russell Wilson will torch ou DB's.

Shhhhh...... Honest, realistic comments are not welcome....