QB?

bdubb75

I know I know, T-Mart is awesome etc. I just think we need a real QB back there and I think we could use T-Mart as a slash type player with our Frosh RB's. Maybe I'm just being negative because I thought we would whoop Fresno and we would shut them down early and often. I hold my breath whenever Martinez throws the ball because he almost always seems to be just throwing it up and against teams like Wisconsin, Ohio State and Michigan, we'll get burned. I also think I might have held my expectations too high from last year because it seems like we didn't progress much from last season to this season. I need a pick me up!

T-Magic healthy stats:

Passing-- 91 of 163 for 1396 yards. 10 tds and 5 ints. 55.8 comp. pct.

Rushing: 143 Att. for 1187 yards. 8.3 yards a carry for 17 td's.

An overall record of 9-1. In ten games he has 2500 yards and 27 touchdowns.

Regardless of quality of opponent, it is unreal to have anything bad to say about a sophomore's first 10 games like that.

• Fire 3

T-Magic healthy stats:

Regardless of quality of opponent, it is unreal to have anything bad to say about a sophomore's first 10 games like that.

:thumbs :thumbs

T-Magic healthy stats:

Incredibly impressive stats. Even if they mostly came against non-conf teams.

T-Magic healthy stats:

Incredibly impressive stats. Even if they mostly came against non-conf teams.

Just imagine what those stats would be like if our Oline could block and our wrs could catch the ball?

I used to hold my breath when Tommie Frazier threw the ball. I used to hold my breath when Scott Frost threw the ball. I used to hold my breath when Eric Crouch threw the ball. Other than the supporting casts, I don't see a lot of difference between Martinez and the afore mentioned. I think the closest comparison can be to Crouch.

• Fire 4

I used to hold my breath when Tommie Frazier threw the ball. I used to hold my breath when Scott Frost threw the ball. I used to hold my breath when Eric Crouch threw the ball. Other than the supporting casts, I don't see a lot of difference between Martinez and the afore mentioned. I think the closest comparison can be to Crouch.

100% correct. I did too.

Lot's of our young posters like to dream up that those three consistently went through all four reads and threw laser-guided passes. lol! Nothing could be further from the truth. "Nothing". The main differences are.....

1. Oline.....a Grand Canyon sized difference. Maybe even bigger.

2. Wrs.....our wrs then weren't great but they usually would actually catch the damn ball.

3. OC.....TO & SW, another Grand Canyon sized difference.

The other tone I notice posted endlessly is that Tmart is blamed for "not spreading the ball around". How many times have we seen our rbs get totally stuffed on 1st or 2nd downs? Tmart's fault? Or our wrs drop balls all over the place. Tmart's fault?

Imo we're just damn lucky to have the kid. The fans can diss him all they want but them doing so just makes me appreciate Bo/Beck even more.

GBR!!

Just imagine what those stats would be like if our Oline could block and our wrs could catch the ball?

The WR drops alone probably account for a quarter of TM's incomplete passes. And it isn't looking a whole lot better this year. Is Mike Leach available on a consulting basis?

Taylor is a homerun threat anytime he touches the ball...we are lucky to have him. I would be lying if I didn't say I would love to have Robert Griffin III or Denard (sp?) Robinson...they are fast and have some really good arms. But I am more then happy with what we have in Taylor. Plus isn't it nice to have a QB for more then 2 years...when is the last time that has happened?

Scott Frost didn't wasn't a great passer, but he didn't throw many interceptions. OTOH, did you know Frost threw the shot put? Both in highschool and college?

(in college in Memorial Stadium)