"Expert Picks" Week 3: Washington @ Nebraska

Saunders

To be fair Autzen is louder.

I think if he would have said louder people wouldnt be calling him out.... he didnt

Is there a more relevant factor than crowd noise in determining difficulty of playing in a stadium? I guess the arguments for Memorial Stadium would be we have Sombrero Guy, Asian Shark Hat Guy, Bloody White Jumpsuit Guy, and Moiraine Nebraska Boob Girl.

location, condition of visitor facilities, time zone changes, physical layout of the facility and who plays there all play a role... I would say the first and last example are much more important than noise

Nebraska: 116

Warshington: -2

BOOK IT!

Ah yes, the fabled negative safety. I heard about it once when I was a boy.

Actually another way to score -2 is to kick a field goal threw the wrong goalposts.

That is usually accurate. However, there is an obscure caveat to that rule, which states that if you have a fan in the stands with a sombrero and corncob guns you actually get -1 1/5 points. The -1/5 is deducted from the team's most influential booster, unless you can prove that it was actually Boone T. Pickens who purchased the corncob guns. Then everyone gets a fajita Runza and the game is suspended for a two hour siesta.

Is the two hour siesta so everyone can cope with the explosive diarrhea they'll get from eating a Fajita Runza?

I think if he would have said louder people wouldnt be calling him out.... he didnt

Is there a more relevant factor than crowd noise in determining difficulty of playing in a stadium? I guess the arguments for Memorial Stadium would be we have Sombrero Guy, Asian Shark Hat Guy, Bloody White Jumpsuit Guy, and Moiraine Nebraska Boob Girl.

location, condition of visitor facilities, time zone changes, physical layout of the facility and who plays there all play a role... I would say the first and last example are much more important than noise

I don't see how who plays there is relevant. The discussion is the stadiums, not the teams. The other stuff I suppose is relevant in the discussion, but I don't see how any of that would influence the actual game more than crowd noise.

:LOLtartar

I don't see how who plays there is relevant. The discussion is the stadiums, not the teams. The other stuff I suppose is relevant in the discussion, but I don't see how any of that would influence the actual game more than crowd noise.

matter of opinion and personal preference I guess. I cant find the article but I remember reading something a few years back about how much travel effects the outcome of games... esp when you are going several time zones... again keep in mind he was specifically talking about it being tougher for the washington QB to play in oregon then NU. teams.... location... everything makes a difference

matter of opinion and personal preference I guess. I cant find the article but I remember reading something a few years back about how much travel effects the outcome of games... esp when you are going several time zones... again keep in mind he was specifically talking about it being tougher for the washington QB to play in oregon then NU. teams.... location... everything makes a difference

I'm sure you have a point, that makes sense. Considering just the stadiums though, I'd say Autzen is probably tougher than Memorial Stadium. This is coming from someone who thinks people are too hard on Memorial Stadium. It's a very tough place to play and gets very loud, but you would never think that asking a lot of Husker fans.

I'm sure you have a point, that makes sense. Considering just the stadiums though, I'd say Autzen is probably tougher than Memorial Stadium. This is coming from someone who thinks people are too hard on Memorial Stadium. It's a very tough place to play and gets very loud, but you would never think that asking a lot of Husker fans.

I dont think anyone is saying it isnt... has anyone even suggested its not? maybe I missed it. everyone is up in arms over the MUCH tougher comment.

I'm assuming he means if you're playing against better competition every year, your record at home might not be as good as someone who plays really weak competition. Nebraska plays harder competition AND has a better winning percentage at home, so...

Nebraska: 116

Warshington: -2

BOOK IT!

Ah yes, the fabled negative safety. I heard about it once when I was a boy.

Actually another way to score -2 is to kick a field goal threw the wrong goalposts.

That is usually accurate. However, there is an obscure caveat to that rule, which states that if you have a fan in the stands with a sombrero and corncob guns you actually get -1 1/5 points. The -1/5 is deducted from the team's most influential booster, unless you can prove that it was actually Boone T. Pickens who purchased the corncob guns. Then everyone gets a fajita Runza and the game is suspended for a two hour siesta.

Is the two hour siesta so everyone can cope with the explosive diarrhea they'll get from eating a Fajita Runza?

Oh, absolutely. Market research indicated there was just no other option.

Another:

Chicago Sun-Times

WASHINGTON AT NO. 11 NEBRASKA

Time: 2:30 p.m., Ch. 7.

Records: Washington 2-0, Nebraska 2-0.

The story line: Washington is a soft 2-0, beating Eastern Washington and Hawaii, and Nebraska did have some first-half problems with Fresno State. Nice test for Nebraska this week, but the Cornhuskers will pass it.

The line: Nebraska by 161/2.

Cowley’s pick: Nebraska, 41-21.