Congratulations from a Bitter Husky Fan

While I didn't see catch interference, I'm pretty sure the ball hit Cort Dennison's foot before it hit Marlowe. The ball should have been placed down at that spot, 1st and Ten Nebraska. The catch interference when Burkhead caught the punt and got hit immediately was a terrible call.

On the onside kick, the ball never hit the ground before a Washington player touched, and I think that's why catch interference was called. Either way, even it was the wrong call, it still didn't cost Washington possession - just 15 yards.

I hope someone posts a .gif of that call at the end of the first half, I'd like to see again if it hit his foot. If it did, I don't feel that bad about the refs costing UW 45 yards, since you could go back and pick out about 5 obvious holds that weren't called against them.

No amount of skill, passion, tactics, nor effort can overcome getting jobbed by the officials. We can only own our own mistakes, and our mistakes were not enough to lose the game. The INT thrown by Price in the red zone wasn't good, but no points came from that TO as our D stopped them. Obviously the fumbled kick off at our 1 yard line was killer, but also should not have been so bad had the bought and paid for refs not completely screwed us over.

NE did enough to win this game on their own merits, but the momentum was decisively turned by the refs. The way we were rolling in the first half, that muffed punt was very likely 7 points and 3 for sure with Folk, so a at minimum a 6 point sway and in all likeliness, a 10 point sway. We take a 24-14 lead into the half, and this would have been a much different game. Then the 4th down we didn't convert inside the 20 would have been a FG for 3 points at least, if the game score was where it should have been. The way I see it, the refs cost us no less than 13 points, and that isn't counting the "ifs" like maybe we hold NE to a FG after the other 20 yards of bad call on the other botched interference penalty and Holt's justified outburst. What was the margin of victory? 13 damn points.

What a travesty.

Revised non-screwed over scoring:

Half: 24-14 TD play off muffed punt

3rd Q: 24-21 TD off NE drive

24-28 off fumbled kick off

Nebraska up, but still very much a game. And then we were also forced to oneside kick twice in which NE had easy drives starting from mid field.

Again, you talk about momentum swinging and changing the flow of the game. How about to the obvious personal foul calls that went uncalled? You're saying an extra 15 yards added onto Nebraska's drive wouldn't have changed things? If Nebraska gets one of those calls their drive is extended, if they get the other they push Washington into the shadow of their own goal posts.

Officiating is the human element of the game, and there were opportunities for the refs to change things around for both teams. It's the least legitimate part of this game to criticize.

That being said we did get the benefit of the call because it was touched. ESPN opened the second half with the replay.

On the first Interference call, As the Washington defender ran past Marlowe he reached his arm out and his hand hit Marlowe in the shoulder. It doesn't matter past that point what happened as you simply cannot touch a return man while the ball is still in the air.

The 2nd Interference call wasn't Interference but that wasn't what the flag was for. The flag was thrown for helmet to helmet contact and the official said the wrong thing when making the announcement.

The 3rd one was blatant Interference. Had the Washington kicker kicked the ball into the ground and had it bounce they would have been fine, but he didn't. He kicked it up in the air, so since it didn't hit the ground it wasn't a live ball when the Washington player interfered with the catch. On that play because the kicker kicked the ball in the air it was no different than had he kicked it deep and the Washington player had prevented a normal return.

The first one was very ticky-tack... but the other two were completely legit. (even if the official did botch the announcement saying what one of them was for.)

• Fire 1

Well, I've said my piece and have made my piece. I hope the Huskies can get out of Lincoln General Hospital in time for next weeks game against Cal. Good luck on the rest of your season.

Yeah good luck to you guys too. You seem to have a pretty good team and should have a good season this year. Price is the real deal and I think you'll go pretty far with him.

UW has a ton of young talent to be excited about. This year's Huskies way better than last year's.

Am I wrong in thinking you can't advance a botched punt? Point swing could be anywhere from 3 to 10 on that play.

Although that call had a lot to do w/ momentum and was a bad call I never felt the Huskies could stop us in the 2nd half.

I think your team will do well this year. Beat USC!

While I didn't see catch interference, I'm pretty sure the ball hit Cort Dennison's foot before it hit Marlowe.

The ball hit Marlowe first.

It doesn't matter. Whether it hit Marlowe or Dennison first is irrelevant because at that point in the play the penalty had already happened.

The penalty was on DB #18 Ducre Greggory who when he ran down stuck his hand out and made contact with Marlowe while the ball was still in the air.

That is called Kick Catch Interference. (though admittedly a ticky-tack called one)

While I didn't see catch interference, I'm pretty sure the ball hit Cort Dennison's foot before it hit Marlowe.

The ball hit Marlowe first.

Yep

I still want to see it again. When they showed the replay after halftime, I was not the only one in the game discussion thread who thought the ball hit Dennison's foot.

For Christ sake people! The bitching on this board after the aTm game last year was relentless. Just admit that we benefited from a very crucial missed call!! It's not hard. Just say it with me...... HORRIBLE CALL!!! Glad it went our way.

It was a horrible call, but so were the dozens of no calls on obvious holding.

No amount of skill, passion, tactics, nor effort can overcome getting jobbed by the officials. We can only own our own mistakes, and our mistakes were not enough to lose the game. The INT thrown by Price in the red zone wasn't good, but no points came from that TO as our D stopped them. Obviously the fumbled kick off at our 1 yard line was killer, but also should not have been so bad had the bought and paid for refs not completely screwed us over.

NE did enough to win this game on their own merits, but the momentum was decisively turned by the refs. The way we were rolling in the first half, that muffed punt was very likely 7 points and 3 for sure with Folk, so a at minimum a 6 point sway and in all likeliness, a 10 point sway. We take a 24-14 lead into the half, and this would have been a much different game. Then the 4th down we didn't convert inside the 20 would have been a FG for 3 points at least, if the game score was where it should have been. The way I see it, the refs cost us no less than 13 points, and that isn't counting the "ifs" like maybe we hold NE to a FG after the other 20 yards of bad call on the other botched interference penalty and Holt's justified outburst. What was the margin of victory? 13 damn points.

What a travesty.

Revised non-screwed over scoring:

Half: 24-14 TD play off muffed punt

We had 17 at that point, and you do NOT get a TD off a muffed punt. There's no telling whether you'd have scored or not. A field goal is more likely. So maybe UW 20, NU 17 at the half, instead of the reverse.

3rd Q: 24-21 TD off NE drive

24-28 off fumbled kick off

We marched it 56 yards down the field, on that drive I don't think you would've stopped us from 15 or 20 more.

So we take a 24-20 lead, you botch the kickoff, and we go up 31-20 and are in control.

Nebraska up, but still very much a game. And then we were also forced to oneside kick twice in which NE had easy drives starting from mid field.

You go 3& out, we march for a FG, it's 34-20, and you probably have to take the same chances to get back into it. The game finishes a few points closer, that's all.