What did we learn???

walksalone

1. We have to start more quickly, with more consistency

2. This weeks 2nd half adjustments have had the most impact of the 3 games so far

3. T-Mart learned to slide (about goddamn time)

4. The 2nd half may have been the best half of football we've seen so far

5. The youngsters (aka Freshman) are starting to give us some depth

If you guys want to point fingers at anybody on the defense - do not do it at a very young and promising set of players in the secondary who are still developing and getting their feet wet for the first time.

Point it at that vaunted, veteran DL of ours, supposed to be the most kickass unit on this defense, getting their butts repeatedly handed to them and just not playing up to the standards they have set for themselves.

• Fire 1

Definitely happy Taylor learned to slide. And got to agree, we have a TON of young talent that is just beginning to show itself.

Our O-line is not as bad as we all thought... They looked downright dominant at times today. Was Barney's headset malfunctioning or something? Our O-line did well.

For the first time in a while, I am less concerned with our offense than our defense.

I know the Pelini's prefer to drop everyone they can into coverage and let the D-line alone pressure the quarterback. This method worked a few years ago because Suh was a physical freak. Now, I don't know that our D-line is good enough (holding or no) to consistently pressure the QB. I feel even less confident our linebackers and secondary can actually do their job and cover.

It feels extremely weird to be saying this, but today the linebacker I was least impressed with was... David. I saw little from him to inspire confidence. He occasionally did a good job attacking gaps, but when he got there, he whiffed on Polk and just got embarrassed trying to play man coverage on that last long Husky TD pass.

What did we learn?

1- Defense is worse than most of us ever imagined.

2- Offense showed vast improvement since last week.

3- We may not have to totally rely on TM for yardage.

4- Didn't learn but was reminded why I love Burkhead.

5- Pass rush is non-existant and our secondary is struggling.

6- Bo may think too highly of his mediocre defense based on decision to go for it on 4th and 3 instead of kicking Mr Automatic to go up by 16.

What did we learn?

6- Bo may think too highly of his mediocre defense based on decision to go for it on 4th and 3 instead of kicking Mr Automatic to go up by 16.

how did their QB get hurt?

• Fire 1

What did we learn?

how did their QB get hurt?

They mentioned he was a bit gimpy from last week, but I don't think Crickenstein leveling him didn't help matters any...