Chris Polk Parting Shot?

BigRedMan

We had so many holding infractions against our line it wasn't even funny. We held Polk pretty much in check until we had some backups in and he busted a big run on them.

I find it a nice bit of karma that washington now has to sit here and blame the refs when last Holiday Bowl we had to listen to how good they were....I still think game 1 tells the real story.

I'd give him a pass. An emotional game and when you do receive a couple of bad calls, they magnify in your mind, get even worse as you continue to think about them. Plus, I liked his demeaner on the field. I noticed several times he was helping up a Husker and/or patting them on the helment on his way back to the huddle. Call me oldschool (which would be very true), but I really like to see those little shows of sportsmanship on the field.

• Fire 1

I'd give him a pass. An emotional game and when you do receive a couple of bad calls, they magnify in your mind, get even worse as you continue to think about them. Plus, I liked his demeaner on the field. I noticed several times he was helping up a Husker and/or patting them on the helment on his way back to the huddle. Call me oldschool (which would be very true), but I really like to see those little shows of sportsmanship on the field.

Agree. Honestly, the part that bugged me most was when he basically said we played dirty. UW players were literally jumping on Taylor's head when he was on the ground.

Agree. Honestly, the part that bugged me most was when he basically said we played dirty. UW players were literally jumping on Taylor's head when he was on the ground.

And I should have prefaced bysaying that I have not seen what he said. But saying we played dirty would bug me too, maybe I'm looking at through my scarlet and cream colored glasses, but I've never seen much of what I would consider dirty play from us.

Where did he say this? Let's see the quote

Pfff. That team barked all day long last year, and they were barking again yesterday. Teams that define themselves with loud talk generally start talking REAL loud with excuses after they lose.

It's funny. I lived in Washington for a few years, and the Huskies became kind of a half-way surrogate team for me when I was suffering under the regional broadcasts of perenially average Pac-10 matchups. Now I have zero respect for them.

Hearing their (arguably, I guess) best player start crying about officiating being the cause of their loss after his team gave up 51 points is flat out laughable to me.

• Fire 1

I understand his comments. That's why we should have shut the door at 42-17. Instead, our next offensive series we went into a "prevent offense" ... and followed that up with a defensive display that certainly gave Washington and the entire media a chance to call this a "shootout" that was decided by a few bad calls. I won't fault him or them for that ... Lord knows we would have a few of those "immature" posters ranting over here for probably 2-3 freaking weeks.

THIS!

Not sure if this is the quote, but found this:

"They went more for my kneecaps," Polk said. "They went more for my ankles. They tried to tackle me low as opposed to up high. They really held onto my legs. That's just football, I guess."

http://www.omaha.com/article/20110918/BIGRED/799999858#huskies-hot-over-coverage-penalty

"They went more for my kneecaps," Polk said. "They went more for my ankles. They tried to tackle me low as opposed to up high. They really held onto my legs. That's just football, I guess."

http://www.omaha.com/article/20110918/BIGRED/799999858#huskies-hot-over-coverage-penalty

Yeah, that is football...don't know what he's getting at there. He should also ask if holding every play is "just football" as well

the first quote bothered me, but it was a tough loss and there were some bad calls so I can understand it..... but this one? come on... have you ever watched the NFL kid? if you want to play there, you better get used to people going at your legs

Not only is it BS that we were "going for his legs" because we very clearly were not, but anyone who has the game recorded, go back and watch the back-to-back plays where #37 on Washington literally punches Martinez in the head. It was in the first quarter and the first hit happened at 3:48 when Martinez ran off the left side. Marty took it to the right on the next play, was on the ground, and the guy takes another shot at his head. This time there was a little scrum and our guys shoved him to the ground.

No penalties were called, by the way.