Best offense we have seen or will see all year...

n.e.husker

Anybody who thinks Wisconsin won't have something up their sleeve that the Blackshirts haven't seen is nuts.

Sure they haven't played anybody. That also means they will have been completely vanilla until they play us.

Anyone who thinks we won't have anything up our sleeve on both sides of the ball that Wisconsin hasn't seen is nuts too. Sure, the Huskers havent looked that great on either side of the ball yet, but we're 3-0, and I'm sure Bo and co. have some different packages that will make things difficult for Wisconsin.

I wo

Anybody who thinks Wisconsin won't have something up their sleeve that the Blackshirts haven't seen is nuts.

Sure they haven't played anybody. That also means they will have been completely vanilla until they play us.

Anyone who thinks we won't have anything up our sleeve on both sides of the ball that Wisconsin hasn't seen is nuts too. Sure, the Huskers havent looked that great on either side of the ball yet, but we're 3-0, and I'm sure Bo and co. have some different packages that will make things difficult for Wisconsin.

I would argue we have looked great on offense. We've scored more points each game. I know the Fresno State game looked atrocious for a while. But remember what happened when we took off the training wheels, put on our big boy pants, and came to play the second half? We dropped 42 points and our offense carried us to a win. So weird to actually type.

Anyway, at times yesterday, our offense looked damn near dominant. We ran the ball right at the Huskies, and they couldn't stop us. This was like the Huskers of old! I know it was only really for that one drive or the 3rd quarter or what have you, but it was soooo great to see. And Beck showed he knows how to call a game, especially with that beautifully set up bootleg by Taylor for a TD.

I think a large part of the reason we looked so good yesterday is because we eliminated a vast majority (~90%) of our boneheaded mistakes-- ball security, penalties, Taylor forcing it into triple coverage. Time will tell whether this game was a lucky fluke or if it was an actual offensive adjustment/change implemented by Tim Beck (Imagine that Wats... -_- ). I'd love for it to be a permanent thing.

And I will say this about Wisconsin: Big 10 defenses (Wiscy not withstanding) have traditionally had real issues and even been embarassed when they face an offense with speed. Discuss.

I'm not worried about Wisconsin at all.

I'm still worried about OSU if they figure out their QB situation. (I'm scared of Miller having a game against us like Gilbert Grape did)

I'm also scared of Michigan's offense if Denard is healthy when we play them (and there's no guarantee he will be the way they play).

everyone else I'm not afraid of.

Best offense we will see all year? Haha.

Not even close.

Who do you think?

Wisconsin for sure.

Probably Michigan and Michigan State.

Possibly Northwestern if Persa is back (despite the inexplicable loss to Army.)

I can buy wisky, but mich st. is in worse shape on the Oline then we thought we were. Cousins, Baker, their back up running back and Cunningham are good but i havent seen anything from their other players to scare me.

Michigan has been pretty inconsistant offensivly, i know the have shoelace, but who else is going to make plays for them?

Northwestern is a different team with Persa(more passing) and Colter(mostly running) I havent seen any balance from them at all.

Wisconsin

I dont think they will be or are as diverse as what Sark is running at Udub. His motions had our heads spinning at times. I see Wisky as more of a line up and run it type team.

You said best and most diverse. I should have elaborated. Wisconsin is the best offensive we will face, imo. And I'm not saying they're unbeatable.

I do think Washington is in the top third or top fourth of the offenses we'll play, though.

Wilson > Price

Ball > or = Polk

White > washington had no one else

Wisconsin line > Washington line

Nick Toon = any Washington receiver

Wisconsin may not be as diverse as Washington, but they don't have to be. They have a tremendous line and 2 great backs. Wilson can make all the throws Price was making and is an even bigger threat with his legs. Nick Toon is a very good receiver, and the line is no comparison. Not saying they're unbeatable, but they'll be better than Washington.

Wilson > Price

Ball > or = Polk

Wisconsin may not be as diverse as Washington, but they don't have to be. They have a tremendous line and 2 great backs. Wilson can make all the throws Price was making and is an even bigger threat with his legs. Nick Toon is a very good receiver, and the line is no comparison. Not saying they're unbeatable, but they'll be better than Washington.

I agree with:

But I think:

any Washington receiver > any Wisconsin receiver

Polk > Ball (that Wisky OL makes any back look good)

Debatable:

Wilson ? Price

I agree Wisky is probably a better offense than UDub. But we haven't seen Wisky play a team with a pulse on offense or defense yet. NU will be the first.

Wilson > Price

Ball > or = Polk

I agree with:

But I think:

any Washington receiver > any Wisconsin receiver

Polk > Ball (that Wisky OL makes any back look good)

Debatable:

Wilson ? Price

I agree Wisky is probably a better offense than UDub. But we haven't seen Wisky play a team with a pulse on offense or defense yet. NU will be the first.

You might be right about Polk and Ball, I'll concede that. But Wilson, Price is not debatable. Wilson has been raking in post season awards for years, and we'll see him healthy... Price was not healthy so even if you could convince me they are equals, on that day they were not. He was hobled before the end of the game (which is when it was really noticable). Also, Toon is one hell of a receiver.

You might be right about Polk and Ball, I'll concede that. But Wilson, Price is not debatable. Wilson has been raking in post season awards for years, and we'll see him healthy... Price was not healthy so even if you could convince me they are equals, on that day they were not. He was hobled before the end of the game (which is when it was really noticable). Also, Toon is one hell of a receiver.

I'm not that impressed with either Toons or Wilson just yet. Toon disappeared against decent defenses last year. Wilson has thrown a lot of INT's over his career. Sure they look great against patsies, but we'll see how they fare once they play someone with a pulse.