The Washington did not get screwed thread

irafreak

cheap.gif

Nothing to see here....

You needed to add about five/ten frames to the beginning of this .gif to see #37 load up and punch Martinez in the head. The Line Judge is right there, looking right at it, and does nothing.

Same guy does the same thing on the very next play.

Yeah I know...that's why I didn't include the other one. You really can't see it well enough. In real time it looks pretty blatant.

Pretty entertaining that you must've thought all the trolls would bother coming back to complain. They've already smooved on to be the Bears' problem. It's like locusts...and the bible...I'm sure they'll find hapiness in their own minds.

This thread was posted on Huskerboard. It was meant for our entertainment. If I wanted to argue with them I'd have dug up their board. We had a lot of people on here complaining of holding and then talking about polk's comments about our dirty play and there are some good gifs to be had from this game so I thought it would be a nice place to have fun with it all in one thread.

Pretty entertaining that you must've thought all the trolls would bother coming back to complain. They've already smooved on to be the Bears' problem. It's like locusts...and the bible...I'm sure they'll find hapiness in their own minds.

This thread was posted on Huskerboard. It was meant for our entertainment. If I wanted to argue with them I'd have dug up their board. We had a lot of people on here complaining of holding and then talking about polk's comments about our dirty play and there are some good gifs to be had from this game so I thought it would be a nice place to have fun with it all in one thread.

I'm not messing with you...maybe I got a little annoyed with how the announcers wanted to give Wash the BS National Championship trophy because of one 'mistake'. They bitched iincessantly that that call ruined everything. Seems like you and Huskerboard summed up quite a bit of what the refs missed, so carry on.

i was at the game and could see SEVERE holding on Crick and Meredith.

the Fair Catch Interference calls were questionable at best against them. at least it's kinda subjective tho, in the heat of the moment blur.

overall, i'd say there is something really weird the last 2-3 yrs of the lack of holding calls against teams when they play us. holding happens every play, but it is supposed to be called when it actually affects whether a D lineman can get to the RB/QB or a WR can get into his route. that's what i don't get: how can the Stache break free, 1 on 1 and be 3 steps from a QB and get his jersey ripped off from the side and no holding? or Crick come free up the middle on a botched assignment and be jerked to one side just a yd or two from the QB and not be called?

i can see if it's on the opposite side of the field and some lazy WR is holding the DB and they are playing patty cake, but when Ankrah is in pursuit of the QB on a roll out and the TE straight up has his arm across his pads, then holding needs to be called.

i can honestly say, if i saw it happening against the other team i would say *in a quiet voice*

"man, we got away with a hold on that one"

cheap.gif

Nothing to see here....

You needed to add about five/ten frames to the beginning of this .gif to see #37 load up and punch Martinez in the head. The Line Judge is right there, looking right at it, and does nothing.

Ive re-watched these 2 plays over and over and have absolutely no problem with either of them. I don't really see the guy "load up and punch" Martinez. All I see him do is wrap up on a pretty hard hit. Definitely nothing that is so blatantly obvious that a flag would come out for it. The next play, I don't know how anybody could definitively say he punched Martinez in the head. The camera angle is bad and other players are blocking the view of the pile. All I basically see is the Washington guy getting in Martinez's face on top of the pile when the play is dead. Then another Husker gets mad that he wont get off Martinez so he pushes him off the pile. No where do I see a punch thrown.

You guys sound just about as bad as Polk if you're complaining about those two plays. After all, it is football.

cheap.gif

Nothing to see here....

Ive re-watched these 2 plays over and over and have absolutely no problem with either of them. I don't really see the guy "load up and punch" Martinez. All I see him do is wrap up on a pretty hard hit. Definitely nothing that is so blatantly obvious that a flag would come out for it. The next play, I don't know how anybody could definitively say he punched Martinez in the head. The camera angle is bad and other players are blocking the view of the pile. All I basically see is the Washington guy getting in Martinez's face on top of the pile when the play is dead. Then another Husker gets mad that he wont get off Martinez so he pushes him off the pile. No where do I see a punch thrown.

You guys sound just about as bad as Polk if you're complaining about those two plays. After all, it is football.

You aren't watching this play if you can't see #37 bring his forearm right into Martinez' head. Being at the stadium allowed me to see the hit on the next play.

cheap.gif

Nothing to see here....

You aren't watching this play if you can't see #37 bring his forearm right into Martinez' head. Being at the stadium allowed me to see the hit on the next play.

Yeah the whole student section saw the second play, and we were all calling for a flag and for that scumbag to be ejected. You may not see the guy punching Taylor from the TV angles, but you could definitely see the players around him and crowd react.

I saw one of the dirtiest plays I've seen ever watching football in this game. (Excluding that sack-grab at Arrowhead last year....) At about the 30/40 yard line right in front of the East student section, there was a dog pile on top of Martinez, and one player was ripping and twisting his head. The student section went nuts and boo'd the ref for not calling it. I actually saw this go uncalled in the Texas game last year too... Washington fans have no reason to complain about crappy officiating, as the official had plain view of this entire play. Proof that I was at the game: I am in the screen shot of the student section. Backwards snapback hat and fake Ray-Bans, 3rd row. The snapback is from the 96 Fiesta Bowl and is signed by Tommy Frasier. I'm a self-promoting name-dropper.

I saw one of the dirtiest plays I've seen ever watching football in this game. (Excluding that sack-grab at Arrowhead last year....) At about the 30/40 yard line right in front of the East student section, there was a dog pile on top of Martinez, and one player was ripping and twisting his head. The student section went nuts and boo'd the ref for not calling it. I actually saw this go uncalled in the Texas game last year too... Washington fans have no reason to complain about crappy officiating, as the official had plain view of this entire play. Proof that I was at the game: I am in the screen shot of the student section. Backwards snapback hat and fake Ray-Bans, 3rd row. The snapback is from the 96 Fiesta Bowl and is signed by Tommy Frasier. I'm a self-promoting name-dropper.

We're talking about the same play. That play happened immediately after the play in Ira's .gif, the one where I said he needed to have started it about seven/ten frames sooner to see the guy load up with the right arm before bringing it into Martinez' head.