Hate to say it but......

C N Red

Bo's coaching and motivational skills are what are at question. Every year we play to the level of the competition.

We have real problems next week. Wisconsin will blow us off the ball running and Wilson will pass us to death. The kids can have little faith in their ability is my guess. Watch them look to the sidelines when runs or pass plays are completed. Almost like how did that happen. They know what they are told to do, but they do not react to the play itself and do not learn from errors it appears to me.

We will not run through Wisconsin's defense like the last three. Our pass defense will see a real quarterback next week.

I have defened Taylor since he hurt himself last year, but there is no way he is QB. His passes are not a lot better than my three year old grand daughter nerf ball passes. He is not the answer, if we were goint to option ball, he might make it but it would take till his senior year to learn it.

We have real problems, unless as we all seem to think, we play down to or up to our competition. If that is it, we need changes made and fast.

We are 4-0 and that is great, but I do not have a warm fuzzy feeling we will see the 5th win very soon.

We lost Gomes, Hagg, Amukamara, Allen... it is Dennard's first game back...

I'm not sure what exactly you were expecting

You don't seem to understand one thing: yes, the db's are inexperienced and not playing perfect, BUT that means that they are NOT VERY GOOD. Just because they have a decent excuse to be bad, doesn't mean being bad is nothing to worry about. Yes they're young, yes they make mistakes, and YES they are giving up points. Defenses aren't suppose to give up points, no matter how old they are or aren't. You are underreacting.

The offense threw out a lot of junk and basically smash-mouthed their way to 38 points without really even trying too hard. Burkhead went for 170 rush yards and two touchdowns on 15 carries and was a bulldozer even when Wyoming knew we were going to feed him.

We had a couple linemen that made errors and need work and others that have looked dang good. Need to get consistent.

Taylor is getting more comfortable, he's protecting the ball and he's mostly making good reads (had a few mistakes though - like on the zone read near the goalline and still needs to get his elbow up on his drop-back though.) But he's starting to look of WR's and make progressions.

Defensively it was another cupcake gameplan early and we had a couple guys make a few mistakes but we gave them a freebie by playing Cooper at corner. He's not a corner at all and has no business being out wide one on one. He gave up one TD and Cassidy messed up and gave up the 2nd after we let them run clock. Overall the D did MUCH better in coverage, our big issue is poor tackling behind the line and at the midlevel. That needs cleaned up. (would be nice to have Osborne out there too.)

I've seen enough from both Nebraska and Wisconsin these past 4 games to like our chances next week though.

If we play this way against Wisconsin, they'll hang 40+ on us without much of an issue.

Has nobody looked at Wisconson's schedule? They have played nobody. Literally...nobody. They have one of the easiest non-conf schedules I've ever seen. Perhaps they do hang 40 on us easily. But perhaps not. We have no way of knowing at this point. Remember in '07 when we dominated our first 3 games and then proceeded to get destroyed by USC... we have no metric to determine how good Wisconsin is. So let's reserve judgement for right now.

But looked good in doing so. We, on the other hand have looked pretty poor defensively.

Before tonight's game we ranked 67th in total defense

61st in rush defense

78th in pass defense

And so you know Wisconsin is well above us in all 3 of these like they should be.

We have to make a very very big stride by next week. I don't understand how people can't see this as our most challenging game of the entire season. Right now Wisconsin is the last team I want to be playing. If we get a rematch for the title I'm sure I'll feel a lot better by then as we will improve on defense but this game is just coming too soon in my opinion. We don't look ready defensively for the best offense we'll probably see all season.

We lost Gomes, Hagg, Amukamara, Allen... it is Dennard's first game back...

I'm not sure what exactly you were expecting

You don't seem to understand one thing: yes, the db's are inexperienced and not playing perfect, BUT that means that they are NOT VERY GOOD. Just because they have a decent excuse to be bad, doesn't mean being bad is nothing to worry about. Yes they're young, yes they make mistakes, and YES they are giving up points. Defenses aren't suppose to give up points, no matter how old they are or aren't. You are underreacting.

Of course we have "plenty to worry about." But I still like our chances against any team on our upcoming schedule except the Wisconsin team that happens to be #7 in the nation.

But terms like "terrible" shouldn't describe the defense at this point. (edit, they are "good" not "great" )Like I said, most of the secondary is very young and they can only grow and get better from here.

If we play this way against Wisconsin, they'll hang 40+ on us without much of an issue.

Has nobody looked at Wisconson's schedule? They have played nobody. Literally...nobody. They have one of the easiest non-conf schedules I've ever seen. Perhaps they do hang 40 on us easily. But perhaps not. We have no way of knowing at this point. Remember in '07 when we dominated our first 3 games and then proceeded to get destroyed by USC... we have no metric to determine how good Wisconsin is. So let's reserve judgement for right now.

But looked good in doing so. We, on the other hand have looked pretty poor defensively.

Before tonight's game we ranked 67th in total defense

61st in rush defense

78th in pass defense

And so you know Wisconsin is well above us in all 3 of these like they should be.

We have to make a very very big stride by next week. I don't understand how people can't see this as our most challenging game of the entire season. Right now Wisconsin is the last team I want to be playing. If we get a rematch for the title I'm sure I'll feel a lot better by then as we will improve on defense but this game is just coming too soon in my opinion. We don't look ready defensively for the best offense we'll probably see all season.

We have had two opponents now 2-2 and two at 3-1. They have two 2-2, one 1-2 and one 0-3.