End of game

Ratt Mhule

i mentioned this in a different thread, but the team won't learn to finish games unless Bo lets them, and the washington game we somehow turned into a shootout by playing our 2-minutes-remaining-gameplan with 15 left and tonight Bo says no to a touchdown for a 5th string RB. Killer instinct, and we don't have it.

Bingo. This has been a source of our problems, P*** Poor Attitude. You could tell it sent the wrong message to the team last night. Alot of the players were really upset. I hope Jones gets a chance at redemption he deserved that score more than anybody else. Bo should let him rotate in for Burkhead in the next couple of games and let him have his dues.

Man on man, we should have forced another TD on them! I mean seriously, what if Wyoming somehow forced a fumble on the Victory play and ran it back for a 25 point TD?!!?!?!?!?!!?!?? Seriously, I fail to see how not going for another TD when you are already up 24 points with less than a minute to play. I don't know about killer instinct, because you will have to define what it means to you. Is only about being able put up tack on meaningless TD's or is it about being able to come thru after a bit of adversity. Frankly that is what they have shown in the 2nd Half all year so far. They have come out after a tight 1st Half and put up decent leads on everyone they have played.

I think people should be more worried about how poorly the secondary played. It seemed like Wyoming WR's had a 3 yard cushion on every play. Both TD's by Wyoming seemed to be easily defended plays. The second one was a completely blown coverage by Cassiday guessing the WR's was going over the middle instead of just covering him. The first one, it seems that Cooper really is out of place as a cover corner.

What's the point of punching the ball in when the game is over besides stats and adding insult to injury? They couldn't stop the toss sweep for the entire quarter. There is/was absolutely nothing to prove at that point aside from whether or not you're a jerk if you are the coach ramming it in when you could just run out the clock.

It's simply unnecessary and could get someone injured either on the plays to do it or the kickoff, beyond being disrespectful. Punching it in would've been dumb.

What's the point of punching the ball in when the game is over besides stats and adding insult to injury? They couldn't stop the toss sweep for the entire quarter. There is/was absolutely nothing to prove at that point aside from whether or not you're a jerk if you are the coach ramming it in when you could just run out the clock.

It's simply unnecessary and could get someone injured either on the plays to do it or the kickoff, beyond being disrespectful. Punching it in would've been dumb.

exactly, plus what if they stop us? then how do we feel. they walk away with a moral victory, we walk away looking like idiots. it's pointless and part of sports (especially collegiate) is sportsmanship.

The purpose is to get more real game repetitions for our reserves. They get a chance to execute in the red zone, and if they fail, the coaches can evaluate and correct what went wrong, or adjust the depth chart. If it works, they get confidence and perhaps a chance to move up or at least have proved themselves game-ready in case of an injury or under-performing starting later in the year. Plus it is a reward for the players.

Whether that outweighs any sportsmanship issues is beyond me. I don't feel that strongly either way. Taking a knee on the final play is fine with me.