So, if we beat Wisconsin...

Saunders

Are all the whiners, bitchers, all knowing crybabies... I mean realists gonna eat their crow? Just wondering. After reading this board the last month, I've learned from the realists/experts that we're gonna be lucky to make a bowl game.Also, Wisconsin is gonna win 194-2 and Russel Wilson will throw for over 1,000 yards, their RB's will combine for 800 yds, and Nebraska will be lucky to get a first down.

• Fire 3

Funny you ask that and don't ask what if we get killed by Wisconsin? Do you continue to think it's whining? It's not bad to point out the shortcomings of this team and there is quite a few. Just because you don't agree with it, doesn't mean it's not happening. People are going to disagree, just because you don't agree with what others say doesn't mean it's "whining, bitchers, all knowing crybabies". You call them out, and in the same terms you're doing the whining, bitching and being a crybaby just because they don't agree with you.

Look, we're all welcome to our own opinion, but who gave you the right to tell others not to have an opinion? If you can't see the problems occurring with this team right now, then you should just continue to bury your head in the sand. This team has problems and our defense has regressed quite a bit this year. The defense hasn't gotten better since the beginning of the season and is still giving up huge plays in the secondary. Sure we've still won every game as of yet, but we haven't proven we can stop the ground game very well and we definitely haven't shown we can stop a passing game.

If we win, great, if not then everyone will still have an opinion. You creating some dumbass topic calling people out who have a different opinion isn't going to change that fact.

• Fire 8

Oh, you know even if NU wins the haters....."realists" will be here by the bushel load sharing their infinite deep knowledge on why "Bo sucks", "Tmart sucks", "why we need a real duel threat qb (Frost/Frazier/Crouch were great passers too....why can't we get another one?"), etc, etc.

We're just so damn lucky to have them.

• Fire 1

Nebraska has a puncher's chance at winning. The offense is going to have to win a shootout against one of the best offenses in the nation to do it. The defense has been embarrassing up to this point. I'm all for a drastic defensive turnaround in 6 short days.

That's how I see it too. Our offense will have to bail us out (just like the Fresno St game....just like the Washington game) by lighting up the scoreboard. It seems so hard to believe our offense is what keeps winning games for us even with our qb who really isn't even a qb........Beck & Bo are so stupid!!

really its kinda sad because actually wisconsin has not looked all that great. i have watched every wisconsin game and every NU game this season and i would definitely give the edge to NU. i think we are better on both sides of the ball and i believe that these self proclaimed "realists" are just watching espn hype wisky up or just looking at the scores and not actually watching the games because i promise you wisky looks alot more mistake prone than us and frankly they look very very slow and i wouldnt be surprised if they are overall the slowest team we have faced so far.

we win by 10+ i guarantee it and sure ill eat my crow if we lose.

by the way everyone please keep picking against us in the prediction contest!

• Fire 3

I don't know. We have a tendency to play up to and down to the level of our competition. This is going to be a great game and I think we're all in store for a pleasant surprise come next saturday. I think if the game is close, all the whines and complaints will gradually go away, because i'm assuming that all the pessi-realists are predicting the score to be something like 42-21.

• Fire 1

I've actually watched Wisconsin all year long. I think defensively we have the edge. I don't think their defense is all that good. They have not allowed a lot of points, but in watching the games, they have been exposed defensively quite a few times. Especially when teams run the ball to the edge. Their speed and pursuit to the edge seems to be lacking. I also thing our WR's will match up well against their secondary, but again, we have to be able to get our guys the ball.

Offensively, I say Wisconsin has the edge. That QB Wilson has looked very very good. Very good pocket presence. Calm and cool in the pocket. He tends to extend plays instead of breaking down and running across the line of scrimmage he will extend the play and find the open reciever. Expect to see that in the Nebraska game. We will flush him from the pocket and he will make plays. I know I'm just whining again, but that's how I see it. They have a decent receiving corps, though I think Dennard will be able to handle that hyped up WR Nick Toon. Their running backs are incredible though. They are fast and elusive. It seems their offensive line does very well too. Considering we have been exposed defensively in the run game, I would expect a heavy dose of that offensive line gashing some holes.

I think we will have to score some points to win this one. Might be a high scoring game. As long as we don't turn the ball over too many times this one could come down to the wire. That's coming from a guy who has watched 2 whole Wisconsin games and about a half of another.

really its kinda sad because actually wisconsin has not looked all that great. i have watched every wisconsin game and every NU game this season and i would definitely give the edge to NU. i think we are better on both sides of the ball and i believe that these self proclaimed "realists" are just watching espn hype wisky up or just looking at the scores and not actually watching the games because i promise you wisky looks alot more mistake prone than us and frankly they look very very slow and i wouldnt be surprised if they are overall the slowest team we have faced so far.

we win by 10+ i guarantee it and sure ill eat my crow if we lose.

by the way everyone please keep picking against us in the prediction contest!

I have to agree with you on this.

• Fire 1

I'm one of the "hating" realists. To those with the rose colored glasses who see no flaws in our team, answer these questions:

1. How is are defense going to contain a mobile Wisconsin qb when they couldn't do it against Fresno?

2. How is the defense going to stuff Wisconsin's heralded running game when they've given up over nearly 200 yards+ to lesser quality opponnents?

3. How will Martinez manage not to get picked against faster defenses when he consistently underthrows his targets and rarely hits a receiver in a stride?

4. Martinez has fumbled nearly 10+ times already this year. He got most back --but what happens when he's playing a faster defense?

5. The o-line is inconsistent against weaker teams. What happens when they play a real top 10 team?

6. Look at all the teams rated behind us in the top 25. Could we beat all of them or are we overrated?

• Fire 2

I'm one of the "hating" realists. To those with the rose colored glasses who see no flaws in our team, answer these questions:

1. How is are defense going to contain a mobile Wisconsin qb when they couldn't do it against Fresno?

2. How is the defense going to stuff Wisconsin's heralded running game when they've given up over nearly 200 yards+ to lesser quality opponnents?

3. How will Martinez manage not to get picked against faster defenses when he consistently underthrows his targets and rarely hits a receiver in a stride?

4. Martinez has fumbled nearly 10+ times already this year. He got most back --but what happens when he's playing a faster defense?

5. The o-line is inconsistent against weaker teams. What happens when they play a real top 10 team?

6. Look at all the teams rated behind us in the top 25. Could we beat all of them or are we overrated?

Careful, you don't want to be labeled as a whiner by Saunders for having legitimate concerns. I mean, we should be everybody because we're Nebraska right? I am on the side that doesn't feel that Wisky is that good. But I'm expecting a close game that will be tipped in our favor by some big special teams plays or tipped in their favor by us fumbling them the ball, throwing picks or penalties on offense killing drives. Just the way I see it playing out. I guess I'm a hater and a whiner too.