So, if we beat Wisconsin...

Saunders

this is just like disagreements about politics. people have differing opinions, but most of those opinions are reasonable. however, whenever you think of people who disagree with you, you only have the most extreme, irrational people in mind.

has wisconsin looked better than us? i think so.

did wisconsin finish stronger than us last year? yes.

should NU be playing better right now? yes.

has NU's defense been less than stellar? yes.

have we grown to strongly rely on this defense? yes.

has t-mart made some terrible passes? yes.

has he improved as a teammate and qb? yes.

i think people who think we might win are reasonable, as well as people who think wiscy is a better team.

but people who think NU is playing good enough to beat anyone or that wiscy is just garbage are a little unreasonable.

• Fire 1

Gmoose: I think we have the advantage when our offense goes against their defense. If what everyone is saying about their defense being slow to the edge is true, that will definitely be exposed come next saturday. We will run that power toss and probably some stretch plays to test their defense in that manner. Not to mention us whamming right at them with Rex in whichever way we choose-- up the middle, on a toss, and possibly even the Rexcat. Our offensive line has given me some real hope the last two weeks... We'll see how they can perform against a bigger, slower Wiscy defense. I will say that I think if Wiscy's defense is indeed slow, they are going to have SERIOUS problems containing our team speed, especially if that OLine starts firing on all cylinders.

And although I understand how Wisconsin perennially has an excellent Oline and run game, and Wilson is a good to great college QB... I would challenge the person who said they are one of the best offenses in the nation. Who exactly have the gone against that has tested their mettle? Although our defense is looking really vulnerable at the moment, I trust the Pelini Bros and Co to ratchet up some things by next weekend and have our boys ready. We shall see if either of the offenses or defenses are for real (most interested to see our D vs. their O) next weekend. That's why you play the game.

I'm one of the "hating" realists. To those with the rose colored glasses who see no flaws in our team, answer these questions:

1. How is are defense going to contain a mobile Wisconsin qb when they couldn't do it against Fresno?

2. How is the defense going to stuff Wisconsin's heralded running game when they've given up over nearly 200 yards+ to lesser quality opponnents?

3. How will Martinez manage not to get picked against faster defenses when he consistently underthrows his targets and rarely hits a receiver in a stride?

4. Martinez has fumbled nearly 10+ times already this year. He got most back --but what happens when he's playing a faster defense?

5. The o-line is inconsistent against weaker teams. What happens when they play a real top 10 team?

6. Look at all the teams rated behind us in the top 25. Could we beat all of them or are we overrated?

How about answering this....

1. Find "one" post from "anybody" that stated NU has no flaws.

I wait patiently....

You miss the point. I never said that ANYBODY finds NU flawless. What I am saying is that the "rosy glasses crowd" gets their panties all in a wad when anyone posts any legitimate concerns based on the way the team has played.

Many times when a concern like I brought up is asked, the "rosy glasses crowd" will respond with, "Oh, but we're 4-0, what could be so bad?" or "I trust Bo, he'll fix the defense."

or "Martinez is averaging over 200 yards a game and has 7 tds, he's tough to stop."

Keep in mind that it's not always just the win, its also HOW YOU DO IT. The way Nebraska has played so far has made their weaknesses apparent. But it seems like if we want to discuss their weaknesses, and legit concerns going forward, the "rosy glasses crowd" responds with, "oh, go be a fan of another team then."

Guess what-- I DO want us to win, play hard and look good. I enjoy watching this team even though I see its flaws. But if I'm driving down the road with a flat tire, I'm not going to say, "Oh well, the other 3 are fine, so we'll just keep driving until something bad happens!"

• Fire 1

the Rusky defense just held a pretty speedy Cal team with a gunslinger QB to 23 points, with cort dennison playing on one leg

I think if we come out and smack them one or two in the mouth and take the early lead, there's no telling how an untested team will react

they might just fold up their tents and quit.

we have played slighly better teams, been behind and have shown some heart and determination

that's a big factor

Wisconsin has had trouble containing mobile QBs. The guys who've watched Wisconsin this year can back me up on this. The QBs they've had trouble with aren't as fast as Taylor and aren't running behind as good of a line as we have either. Wisonsin puts up numbers, but the truth is that they've been bailed out by playing against inferior athletes just as much as we have. Pointing out realistic flaws is not a problem. When you become annoying is when you hold other teams to easier standards than you hold Nebraska to, then use your observations, based on your standards, to determine that we are going to get smashed by 3+ touchdowns. We're playing against Wisconsin, not 1995 Nebraska. We'll be ok.

• Fire 1

Wisconsin has had trouble containing mobile QBs. The guys who've watched Wisconsin this year can back me up on this. The QBs they've had trouble with aren't as fast as Taylor and aren't running behind as good of a line as we have either. Wisonsin puts up numbers, but the truth is that they've been bailed out by playing against inferior athletes just as much as we have. Pointing out realistic flaws is not a problem. When you become annoying is when you hold other teams to easier standards than you hold Nebraska to, then use your observations, based on your standards, to determine that we are going to get smashed by 3+ touchdowns. We're playing against Wisconsin, not 1995 Nebraska. We'll be ok.

How has Wisconsin been playing these QBs though? Have they been stacking the box?

How has Wisconsin been playing these QBs though? Have they been stacking the box?

I've seen Wisky play inferior athleticism as well, none of their opponents had the capability to stretch them vertically, allowing the Badger D to play up to the line of scrimmage.

Great post. You mean to tell me Wisconsin hasn't beaten the #1 team in the country each week. I never would have realized that from reading the posts around here. Seriously though, I think it will be a close game till the fourth quarter when our O will just were them down. I have watched a few of there games too, and those saying they are slow on D aren't joking.