So, if we beat Wisconsin...

Saunders

Well, that and the ENDLESS posts...let me repeat that...."ENDLESS" posts by NU fans whining, sobbing and crying that Tmart isn't Dan Marino.

They simply can't comprehend that we're now a "run-first" offense. They also can't comprehend the benefits that come with greased lightning at qb like frequently wide open wrs. Or how it that vastly improves our running game and that running ball successfully wins games. They just can't grasp it.

Those handful of us posters older than 15 remember quite well NU having huge success with "very" marginal passers like Crouch, Frazier & Frost. Those guys were major threats with their feet too and no one confused them with D. Fouts.

Lastly, as daskers posted a few weeks ago, it's extremely obvious that a large portion of that crowd really want Tmart to fail. Oh, they'll deny that but they're lying through their teeth as their endless posts tearing the kid apart show so well. "Our" kid. "Our" qb.

It's disgusting to say the very least.

We've been a run-first team for years now, I think everyone knows that. What people are concerned about is what happens when we play a good defense that can shut down the run. You can't win a game if your running game gets shut down and you can't pass either.

Nobody is denying Taylor is very fast and athletic, it's the fact people don't think he makes a good QB, that maybe his abilities will be better off used elsewhere, like maybe WR. I can see their point of view bc he can't pass, which a QB needs to be able to doin college football this day and age. As for me, I'm trying not to come to any conclusions until we play a good defense. But judging on what I've seen so far out of Taylor's passing, if Wisconsin shuts down the run, we will lose. And this is the Big 10, that is what defenses in the Big 10 focus on, is stopping the run.

The bolded part is what I have a problem with. So if you don't remember the NC era, your opinion doesn't count now I guess. I think us younger guys have seen enough college football nowadays to realize our passing attack is not good and could really hurt us down the line. We have gotten away with it thus far because the competition has not been very stellar. Our line is not physically dominating like we had in the NC era, so we cannot just rely on the run to win us games. The concern (not whining or crying) is legitimate, whether you like it or not.

Some think because a person does not feel we will win is anti Nebraska for some reason. I have supported TMart since he started, but I do not feel he is a QB that can get us to the MNC. We do not have the line that the mid 90's had and we do not have the advantage of being the only option type team playing. Most are prepared for the spread offense that we run now.

I do not feel we will beat Wisconsin, but it will not be on the offense. I see them running right through our dline with very little problems. They are big and strong. We have problems stopping rushing teams. This will be the best rushing offense we face. We have problems stopping mobile QB's and it appears this is the best QB we will have faced. Our history does not bode well for that.

My concern is hearing how much better we are every year, and never really seeing it happen. Honesty would be good from the coaching staff, and having the team hungry for every game would be good. I just do not like the play to the level of the competition that seems to be our mantra.

Damn Saunders, you got some poster's panties seriously twisted with this thread..... :laughpound

Please, the creating of this thread was a deceleration of the OP's panties being crammed in his arse.

bullsh#t. I'm sick of seeing husker fans go full retard after every game because we didn't win 50-0. Instead of thoughtful critiquing an analysis, we get tons of threads of "our team/players/coaches all suck."

It's an undeniable fact, and all you have to do is search back through the pages to see all the "sky is falling" threads.

Very few people actually do any type of analytical posting. It's always taking about everything to the extreme in order to prove a (correct or incorrect) point.

Forgive me for wanting the fanbase to live up to the "classy/knowedgeable/best" fans label we have, versus acting like a bunch of pretentious spoiled babies because we aren't winning every game by 6 touchdowns.

Honest question. If someone truly believes this team is in for a rough ride, that a certain coach or player is hurting the team, that the Huskers will lose their upcoming game. What do you purpose they do? Keep it to themselves? Not post on this board?

They need to analyze their reasoning for you? So it's not okay for them to just say "I think we're going to get creamed next week". They need to actually explain in X's and O's why they feel that way?

I just don't get the logic. Been a Husker fan all my life. Live 10 minutes from the stadium. Never felt I wasn't allowed to call them how I see them. Be it positive or not.

If you feel that way, go for it. But posts like "Cassidy sucks, the coaches are retarded, and our secondary is the worst ever" are way to common, and completely pointless. I prefer intelligent discussion, versus much of the garbage that's spewed on message boards. But since I'm stuck in $EC country, I don't have much choice. The logic behind my posts is for meaningful discussion, not rants from 15 year old emo kids.

To be honest, I don't put a lot of stock in the opinions of people who post like this, because most of them are just going with the flow, and have zero idea what they're talking about, or looking at. But it gets old seeing thread after thread of whining by idiots. Whether Husker fans realize it or not... the other team is trying to win too, and what happened in the mid 90's will never ever happen again. Yet, that's what we compare every team too.

You're totally straw-manning.

Are all the whiners, bitchers, all knowing crybabies... I mean realists gonna eat their crow? Just wondering. After reading this board the last month, I've learned from the realists/experts that we're gonna be lucky to make a bowl game.Also, Wisconsin is gonna win 194-2 and Russel Wilson will throw for over 1,000 yards, their RB's will combine for 800 yds, and Nebraska will be lucky to get a first down.

Every year NU has a game or two they circle as a signature game. Texas last year/.01, last two Big 12 title games, etc, but it has been a while since NU has had a signature win. By winning this weekend they have a chance to show the whole country they are back. 4 loss seasons don't cut it.

this is just like disagreements about politics. people have differing opinions, but most of those opinions are reasonable. however, whenever you think of people who disagree with you, you only have the most extreme, irrational people in mind.

has wisconsin looked better than us? i think so.

did wisconsin finish stronger than us last year? yes.

should NU be playing better right now? yes.

has NU's defense been less than stellar? yes.

have we grown to strongly rely on this defense? yes.

has t-mart made some terrible passes? yes.

has he improved as a teammate and qb? yes.

i think people who think we might win are reasonable, as well as people who think wiscy is a better team.

but people who think NU is playing good enough to beat anyone or that wiscy is just garbage are a little unreasonable.

Totally agree.

I expect Wisconsin to win in a close game, but if I'm wrong, I'll eat my crow and ask for seconds.

You can put me in the realist camp, but I honestly believe we have a 50/50 chance of winning this game. Prior to the season opener, I would have said we had an 80% chance of winning this game. However, our defense has me a little concerned. Wisconsin as most have said has played no one. I'll probably end up eating crow here, but I just think the entire Big 10 as a conference is overrated. I was watching the Big 10 network last week, and they were discussing if Illinois was the second best team in the Big 10. Then, they go out and almost lose to Western Michigan. If we either win the turnover battle or go even in the turnover battle, I like our chances. Bo's been around the defensive side of the ball long enough that he's going to take something away from Wisconsin whether it be the pass or the run. The only way we get blown out as some here have predicted is if we lose the turnover battle by four or more.

What team plays without injuries? It's a lousy excuse. Injuries to Dennard and Crick still can't hide the fact that our secondary plays 5-10 yards off the recievers on 3rd and short!

I would assume that Bo, and Carl know what they are doing. The busts we see are most likely not faults of the scheme, but faults of the execution. There were a handful of times in the Wyoming game when you saw two guys go with one receiver. One time in particular I remember, right after the catch Dennard went to Stafford, and seemed to be telling him that he went the wrong way.

What team plays without injuries? It's a lousy excuse. Injuries to Dennard and Crick still can't hide the fact that our secondary plays 5-10 yards off the recievers on 3rd and short!

I would assume that Bo, and Carl know what they are doing. The busts we see are most likely not faults of the scheme, but faults of the execution. There were a handful of times in the Wyoming game when you saw two guys go with one receiver. One time in particular I remember, right after the catch Dennard went to Stafford, and seemed to be telling him that he went the wrong way.

I'm guessing our corners just aren't physical enough to play bump-and-run. Have to minimize the opportunities for the opposing WRs to burn our CBs, and if staying back off the ball means our cornerbacks aren't getting trucked by WRs and leaving nobody in coverage, there's not much choice.

I think this game will come down to which QB can make some plays with their feet or arm. I believe both teams D will perform ok enough to keep the game close. But which QB will be more productive throwing the ball and making good decisions in critical situations. I can’t wait to watch this game. I think this game is a 50/50 guess at who will win. I look forward to a very hard fought & very physical B1G GAME!! Good luck Huskers.