Today's Presser

knapplc

Bo says Crick is going to practice today and he will play against Wisconsin.

Beck has done a good job, acclimated well, made good adjustments. Need to get better as an offense, but it's come together fairly painlessly. Nine months ago Bo felt he could have gotten anybody he wanted, but Tim was the guy that he's known for a long time and has a lot of confidence, and they share a lot philosophically.

Went to the same high school, played together. Beck grew up about a block away from Bo. Known each other a long time.

Wisconsin defensively is very sound, just like the offense. They're a good fundamental team, and the kids know what to do and how to do it. They don't recreate the wheel they just do what they do well and they're well coached. Talented, physical and they execute well in all three phases of the game. They're an outstanding opponent.

Camp Randall is loud and they have excellent fans. They'll be wound up.

Daimion Stafford – he's similar to Hagg a bit, but he brings different things to the table as well. They thought he'd be good in that position.

Bo knew Bret Bielema when Bielema was a player at Iowa. Bo says he was a Captain and a good football player. Bo was on the Iowa staff when Bielema played.

Bo likes our WR. We have talent. Green talent, but guys who have plenty to improve upon, but Bo likes that position.

Bo thinks we need to play better than we did last week to beat Wisconsin.

Historical significance – Bo won't touch on this at all with the team. It's just the next game, part of the process in what we're trying to accomplish. It means nothing to what you're trying to accomplish on the football field.

Wisconsin is the defending Big Ten champions. It is what it is. Bo's approach wouldn't be any different than if we played anyone else, though.

Toon (Wisconsin WR) is a good football player, outstanding receiver. Tracks the ball well, competes for it well. Their other WR #4 is a good player, too. Washington's Kearse was also a pretty good player, but Bo doesn't get into comparing guys. Thinks Toon is a really good player.

Fonzie – it was good that he came out of Wyoming healthy. He's confident now in where he is and what he can accomplish. Has to clean up some technique, but he's a good football player.

Brandon Kinnie – Brandon Kinnie is not lacking in confidence. Question was asking how much BK's catches helped him.

Having guys like Cooper in there in the defensive backfield help you – when they're playing well. They choose who's going to play by who has a good practice, and the competition is on daily to see who plays Saturday. We'll see who starts at Corner based on this week's practice.

Taylor – he's a lot more in control and a much better football player than he was at this point last year. Bo is a lot more comfortable with him with that year under his belt.

Bo doesn't care about the hoopla the press creates, or historical significance, anything else. It's all about their own work, their own approach, and he knows the press doesn't like to hear about that, but that's how they approach things and they're not going to change it. There's a lot of things outside that locker room they can't control, so they just control themselves.

Bo says he's never coached a perfect game, there's never been a perfect game played. He's just concerned most with the guys understanding what the game plan is and starting off the right way.

After watching the Bo Pelini show this morning and hearing the report from Bo's visit with the press I have come to some conclusions, either Bo has taken anger management classes, doesn't want to create sound bytes for fire up Wisconsin even more, or Bo and the Huskers have an ace up their sleave. I am probably drinking too much koolaid butI have to say I feel like Nebraska purposly played it simple as to not give anything away before the Big 10 games. Now we will see another whole set of gears, another whole set of plays, our jaws will drop, then we will cheer.

After watching the Bo Pelini show this morning and hearing the report from Bo's visit with the press I have come to some conclusions, either Bo has taken anger management classes, doesn't want to create sound bytes for fire up Wisconsin even more, or Bo and the Huskers have an ace up their sleave. I am probably drinking too much koolaid butI have to say I feel like Nebraska purposly played it simple as to not give anything away before the Big 10 games. Now we will see another whole set of gears, another whole set of plays, our jaws will drop, then we will cheer.

at the end of kinnies interview he was asked if he thought beck was holding some things back on the offense. He replied with something about how he doesnt know what the strategy is, he just runs the plays that are called. if you have played football on any level you know that statement is bs.

I think this entire board is getting the feeling we haven't shown everything on both sides of the ball.

I hope you're right, but I have a feeling we aren't going to see a completely different team on Saturday. Sure we'll be pumped up and ready to play against Wisconsin, but we'll just continue to get better over the season and won't be the same team come November/December. I don't think we can make THAT dramatic of a change by Saturday, but I would love to see it.

I hope you're right, but I have a feeling we aren't going to see a completely different team on Saturday. Sure we'll be pumped up and ready to play against Wisconsin, but we'll just continue to get better over the season and won't be the same team come November/December. I don't think we can make THAT dramatic of a change by Saturday, but I would love to see it.

it doesnt necessarily have to be a dramatic change to make a huge impact. On offense i think a fan favorite is increased tempo. i think in the big ten and more specifically against wisconsin, this could make a huge difference. Weve seen that we can move the ball without a "no-huddle" and that just addes another wrinkle for the defense to worry about. Defensively we dont even necessarily have to change schemes. Get the right personnel on the field and we will be relatively successful.

it doesnt necessarily have to be a dramatic change to make a huge impact. On offense i think a fan favorite is increased tempo. i think in the big ten and more specifically against wisconsin, this could make a huge difference. Weve seen that we can move the ball without a "no-huddle" and that just addes another wrinkle for the defense to worry about. Defensively we dont even necessarily have to change schemes. Get the right personnel on the field and we will be relatively successful.

While I agree with you for the most part my problem is I haven't seen anything completely outstanding on the field from our offense. I may be wrong and Beck and the offense may come out with the craziest game plan in the world and Wisconsin may not know what hit them. We have the talent and speed, but we are very young. It makes me excited to see where we are at next year or even the year after, but the "greeness" may rear its ugly head Saturday night at Camp Randall.

The lines have me worried, point blank! Now I'm willing to let the defense slide a little because it's very apparent they've been getting held all year. To say I'm a little worried about the secondary is being nice. For once I'm very excited about our wide receivers. The young guys seem to have alot of talent and speed and we've been missing that. Take away the offensive line and I think our offense has a TON of talent.

This crap about how we're going to see a whole new offensive gameplan on Saturday is getting tired. Even if you believe that (I don't), how could you possibly be optimistic about it considering that this offense seems to have trouble executing the 'vanilla' gameplans up to this point against a preseason schedule?

Hope springs eternal however, and what I'm clinging to is the fact that this is a young team, and while a young team can make you crazy with flaky performances, they can also look all-world for stretches when things come together. I'm hoping for one of those moments on Saturday.

It won't matter much what tricks Beck pulls out of the bag. If the db's can't cover better and Martinez can't get his throwing down better and the 0/l can't protect him, then its not on Beck's head. I am sure he has a different game plan for this one, but it all comes down to the players executing whats being called. Haven't seen that execution run smooth very much yet. I think we can win this one, but a lot of good things have to come together for the Huskers. Lets hope this is the game that this team starts to click.

GBR!!!

This crap about how we're going to see a whole new offensive gameplan on Saturday is getting tired. Even if you believe that (I don't), how could you possibly be optimistic about it considering that this offense seems to have trouble executing the 'vanilla' gameplans up to this point against a preseason schedule?

Hope springs eternal however, and what I'm clinging to is the fact that this is a young team, and while a young team can make you crazy with flaky performances, they can also look all-world for stretches when things come together. I'm hoping for one of those moments on Saturday.

Huh?

We're averaging over 40 pts a game even with a brand new scheme and OC. Even with our defense on the field most of the game due to not stopping anybody on 3rd downs.

What results would it take for our offense to not be "trouble" to you? A TD every single possession for every single game?