Bold statement by Taylor

bsbch

**.... Then again, I'm not sure #8 beating #7 would be that much of a shock...

Exactly.

In this type of game a 10 point spread really seems like too much so maybe shocking Las Vegas would be a more accurate statement. I'll be surprised if this isn't a fourth quarter game.

I could see the spread inch more towards 7 by game time. Similar situation as the NU vs. USC game in lincoln a few years back.

I think some fans are making Wisconsin in to a much better team then they are.... They are a good team, but some posters are saying it would be a "huge" upset if we win. Really? I am nowhere nearly as impressed with them as that. I lik e Taylor nd Yoshi's

No kidding, People are acting like NU is heading to LSU this weekend.

Sam McKewon via twitter nailed this comment:

Remember, though, Taylor tends to say these things almost as an afterthought and without a hint of hype.

Taylor is like the anti-Bo when the camera is on him. While Bo measures every word he says, Taylor often speaks off-the-cuff. This is one of those times. If Wisconsin wants to use it as bulletin-board material, whatever. If they need to rally around some statement(s) our players make to get up for this game, that's a problem.

Teams do it all the time. Matter of factly, Nebraska has done it a number of times. The 90's teams used to feed of that kind of stuff quite a bit as I learned from one of my Husker DVD's.

Wisconsin #3 or #4? Not sure about that, but I do know that no team is even in the same ballpark as LSU or Alabama. One of those two teams will win the championship this year.

idk about that, they both play a pretty brutal schedule (especially lsu) and i just dont think that they will make thru the regular season without one loss apiece, but i digress, we are talking about the comment from tmart, and as far as im concered this is another instance that proves he is stepping into the leader role that he wasnt in last year, a leader is supposed to be confident and instill confidence in his teamates and i think that is what taylor is/has been doing much better this year