Bold statement by Taylor

bsbch

I love where Taylor's head is at! The kid gets up for these kind of games. Thursday night at K-State everyone's watching he blows them up, Okie Light prime time everyone's watching and he blows them up too. Fact of the matter is he loves the big stage, and when he's healthy, watch out! Can't wait for Saturday!

I think he said we are ready to shock the world because no one outside or nebrsaka is giving us a chance to win, every single paper, article, or other teams fan base are constantly raving about how we will lose, and watch on saturday when the entire gameday crew will pick wisc to win, i think we can win so i wont be shocked, but im sure a lot of people would be...

The only thing that would 'shock the world' in this matchup is if Nebraska came into town with some high flying Oregon type stuff and just murdered Wisky in their own house, leaving them shellshocked at the end of the game. That to me would be shocking. Pulling an upset against a team who has played three local morgues and done what they should do with an established system and superior linemen is nice, but not something the world needs to put down its coffee to take note of.

exactly. if we beat them, no one is going to be shocked except a few NU fans and a lot of wiscy fans.

i will say that this would be BO's first real marquee win. i know mizzou last year was ranked high, but they were not that good. we were going to win that. although many of us have debated the merits of wiscy's program, they are established and have the media's respect. and with the espn machine in control, perception is reality. this would be a huge win for BO. i wanted it two years ago at va. tech, but this would be so much sweeter. we need a win that causes schools to fear us and make everyone believe that we can truly beat anybody. somehow fla. st. did it without doing anything, we need to do it by beating wiscy. we've had good teams, but this could be the step to the next echelon.

**.... Then again, I'm not sure #8 beating #7 would be that much of a shock...

Exactly.

In this type of game a 10 point spread really seems like too much so maybe shocking Las Vegas would be a more accurate statement. I'll be surprised if this isn't a fourth quarter game.

I could see the spread inch more towards 7 by game time. Similar situation as the NU vs. USC game in lincoln a few years back.

I doubt it. It open at 8.5 and moved to 10 with in a matter of hours.

5 out 6 major sports books already dropped the line to 9 and one 8.5 so it went from 8.5 to 10.5 in a matter of hours and now its back to 8.5 as the game gets closer it will drop to 7.5 at least.

The only thing that would 'shock the world' in this matchup is if Nebraska came into town with some high flying Oregon type stuff and just murdered Wisky in their own house, leaving them shellshocked at the end of the game. That to me would be shocking. Pulling an upset against a team who has played three local morgues and done what they should do with an established system and superior linemen is nice, but not something the world needs to put down its coffee to take note of.

exactly. if we beat them, no one is going to be shocked except a few NU fans and a lot of wiscy fans.

i will say that this would be BO's first real marquee win. i know mizzou last year was ranked high, but they were not that good. we were going to win that. although many of us have debated the merits of wiscy's program, they are established and have the media's respect. and with the espn machine in control, perception is reality. this would be a huge win for BO. i wanted it two years ago at va. tech, but this would be so much sweeter. we need a win that causes schools to fear us and make everyone believe that we can truly beat anybody. somehow fla. st. did it without doing anything, we need to do it by beating wiscy. we've had good teams, but this could be the step to the next echelon.

Missouri was #6 in the country and just came off a huge win against OU.

I won't be shocked by anything that happens this weekend. We have two good football teams that nobody really knows just how good they really are and after this week we still won't really know. This is a big game but it's not something landmark. The last huge win we've had in my book is 01 OU.

Missouri was #6 in the country and just came off a huge win against OU.

I won't be shocked by anything that happens this weekend. We have two good football teams that nobody really knows just how good they really are and after this week we still won't really know. This is a big game but it's not something landmark. The last huge win we've had in my book is 01 OU.

it was a huge win for mizzou, but it was like the 5th no. 1 going down in as many weeks. i agree about the last huge win being 01 OU, but i think this would be pretty big, at least nationally and getting the media's respect. i know mizzou was #6, but that game didn't really prove much. i was glad they were ranked so high, but was anyone surprised we beat them?

i don't want to say they were overrated, but they were not a strong #6.

It's the ONLY thing a quarterback can say when asked the question.

Bo vastly prefers the underdog role and every player tries to paint the their team as disrespected.

I can easily see this Husker team playing it both ways: tight and skittish in the first half, focused and effective in the second half after they've fallen behind.

Trick is not falling behind too far or too late.

It's the ONLY thing a quarterback can say when asked the question.

Bo vastly prefers the underdog role and every player tries to paint the their team as disrespected.

I can easily see this Husker team playing it both ways: tight and skittish in the first half, focused and effective in the second half after they've fallen behind.

Trick is not falling behind too far or too late.

that was seabiscuit's strategy. but, they probably feel like a team without a conference. they were out of place in the big 12, now it will take time to fully feel integrated into the B1G. i can understand the them against the world mentality.