What did we learn???

beck was either arrogant and thought we were better than we are, or he thought our only chance to compete was for t-mart to play well beyond his abilities. either way, it was bad. NU's only chance was to play ball control and establish the run game, we completely wasted burkhead. no way can our defense have that much pressure to win the game when our offense was hardly on the field.

Where were the freshman RB's? Why didn't we pound the rock, utilizing the "kids" more?

Great question. It was pretty obvious our skilled players were faster on the edges than Wisconsin. I figured this would be a huge area the offense would exploit, especially with the young RBs.

We should have used the "kids" on more option plays, instead of throwing the ball.

Yep, I was surprised too we didn't use some of the young backs. And Burkhead is always open in the flat for the screen...TMart never looks at him. Any of these guys catching balls out of the backfield would be welcome instead of TMart always looking to thread the needle.

Also, it is time for Fisher to sit on defense. I have been calling for Cassidy for weeks now and Fisher can join him. Here is your solution...bring Stafford up closer to the LOS to to play LB...PJ and Osborne are your safeties.

Where were the freshman RB's? Why didn't we pound the rock, utilizing the "kids" more?

Great question. It was pretty obvious our skilled players were faster on the edges than Wisconsin. I figured this would be a huge area the offense would exploit, especially with the young RBs.

We should have used the "kids" on more option plays, instead of throwing the ball.

I don't get it, either. We have some really talented RB's, and we barely f'ing use them.

I don't get it, either. We have some really talented RB's, and we barely f'ing use them.

And if we do see them, it's the 4th quarter and the game is in hand. Doesn't Beck trust them yet?

Yep, I was surprised too we didn't use some of the young backs. And Burkhead is always open in the flat for the screen...TMart never looks at him. Any of these guys catching balls out of the backfield would be welcome instead of TMart always looking to thread the needle.

Also, it is time for Fisher to sit on defense. I have been calling for Cassidy for weeks now and Fisher can join him. Here is your solution...bring Stafford up closer to the LOS to to play LB...PJ and Osborne are your safeties.

After seeing PJ bite on the bootleg by Wilson, I have questions over how well he can do covering the top of the field. Although he could probably do better than Stafford, though that really isn't saying much. He seemed solid before this last game, but he just got absolutely punked on that one play. I guess our whole D really got punked the entire game though.

Anyone know how well PJ and/or Courtney do covering the top of the field? More specifically, how did PJ do Saturday night?

Plain and simple, Martinez audibles way too much, he keeps the ball way too much and he doesn't check down enough. When Burkhead is open in the flat and jumping up and down waving his arms, I think even I would see him doing that. Martinez is a ball hog and wants all of the glory for himself. That's how I see it.

Plain and simple, Martinez audibles way too much, he keeps the ball way too much and he doesn't check down enough. When Burkhead is open in the flat and jumping up and down waving his arms, I think even I would see him doing that. Martinez is a ball hog and wants all of the glory for himself. That's how I see it.

never_go_full_retard1.jpg

I'm sorry to say to all the naysayers out there, that there is a good team out there.

If we wanted to win this game, Beck should have taken the ball out of Martinez's hands. Simply put.

Then your also taking the ball out of the hands of Jamal Turner, Quincy Enunwa, Kyler Reed, Kenny Bell and Brandon Kinnie. Some of our best players on offense. I find it comical how people say Jamal Turner needs to touch the ball more, but yet say Martinez should not be passing. How do you expect to get Jamal Turner the ball if you don't want Martinez to pass? Do a reverse 10x a game? Plain and simple, someone needs to get these players the ball and Martinez is not cutting it.

Wisconsin is one of the worst matchups the Huskers will face this year. The O-line is shades of some of the '80s Husker teams, and add an extremely accurate QB to the mix.

IMHO, Wilson just flat out dominated the Husker defense and was the difference maker in the game.

14/20 for 255, over 18 yards per completion.

On third down (discounting two sacks and a 0-yard 'run') he was hitting EVERYTHING:

3rd & 6 - 21 yard completion

3rd & 6 - 13 yard completion

3rd & 5 - 6 yard completion

3rd & 3 - 36 yard TD

3rd & 8 - 16 yard completion

3rd & 6 - 16 yard run

3rd & 5 - 6 yard completion

3rd & 8 - 10 yard penalty on Nebraska (didn't see what caused this--defensive holding? Our secondary was getting turned around all night.)

Wilson also ran for a few 10+ yard gains when he saw the opportunity, including his TD run.

He wasn't the only factor (-10 minutes TOP, 9 penalties, three picks, no run D) but as it played out, Wilson gets the game ball. Michigan worries me.