i love tmart but hes not a qb.

In order to be good you have to have a general for a qb. It's something we have lacked since crouch graduated. Teams recruit 2 qbs every year regardless and find one great one every four years or so. I love Tmart speed but he can't make the throws, decisions, or reads required to be a great qb. Slot receiver maybe.

To be a QB you need to know how to do one thing!

Pass the ball. Everything else is just extra.

Taylor Martinez is not a QB, he is an athlete that runs fast, makes a few good moves, and has average passing ability.

The only thing i want Taylor to take away from this game is the notion that he needs a lot of work as a passer. He hasn't really said much about improving on it, to me he seems cocky that his passing ability is fine.

Some of the Husker legends with regards to being a QB struggled in the passing game. If we're going to be a pass happy spread, Martinez is definitely the wrong guy. If we're going to be a run dominated team especially with the option, Martinez is the guy. It's all a matter of what we want to accomplish. Unfortunately, I don't think our offensive coaches know what kind of offense we're running. Martinez was 5 for 7 in the first quarter when we were hitting them with a healthy dose of running the ball. He can succeed in the passing game with play action when the run is working. When he lines up back there in the pistol and the defense knows he's going to throw it, we're in huge trouble.

In order to be good you have to have a general for a qb. It's something we have lacked since crouch graduated. Teams recruit 2 qbs every year regardless and find one great one every four years or so. I love Tmart speed but he can't make the throws, decisions, or reads required to be a great qb. Slot receiver maybe.

+1

After watching our first four games and some Wisconsin replays on BTN, I called my brother in Omaha last Saturday night and made the following statements:

1) TM is not a QB and Russel Wilson is The Man.

2) Our defense will not be able to stop their running backs/receivers AND contain Wilson.

3) Wisconsin looked in control for most of their first 4 games. We looked inconsistent and too shaky to be confident we could compete with Wiscy-- anywhere.

4) The only way I would bet on this game is if you spotted us at least 24.5 points. I would have won that bet, but we couldn't even punch it in from the 1 at the end...

I love watching Husker football, but I guess you see things through different glasses when Nebraska isn't really "Home" anymore. From my more objective perspective out here in Seattle, it was obvious that Wiscy was a true top ten team with Russel Wilson, and we will never compete with true top 10 teams with TM as the QB. Sorry if my statement pours salt on the wounds of some of you hardcore fans, but if TM is the best QB we have then we're all going to be waiting a long time to return to the top teir of college football...

Some of the Husker legends with regards to being a QB struggled in the passing game. If we're going to be a pass happy spread, Martinez is definitely the wrong guy. If we're going to be a run dominated team especially with the option, Martinez is the guy. It's all a matter of what we want to accomplish. Unfortunately, I don't think our offensive coaches know what kind of offense we're running. Martinez was 5 for 7 in the first quarter when we were hitting them with a healthy dose of running the ball. He can succeed in the passing game with play action when the run is working. When he lines up back there in the pistol and the defense knows he's going to throw it, we're in huge trouble.

Disagree, Taylor is 16 starts in and still holds the ball like a loaf of bread. He carried the ball 20 times for 61 yards, a 3.1 YPC average with a long of 11. That isn't lighting the world on fire, and isn't enough to overcome his glaring lack of ability in the passing game.

Not saying Carnes can do better, or he should even get a chance, but I do know that Taylor isn't a good Big Ten quarterback.

AMEN. See my avatar!! Carnes needs to be given a REAL chance!!!

What happens if we give Carnes a shot and he totally stinks up the place? What then? Go recruiting during the intramural flag football games?

I highly doubt hes gna be worse than TM. Maybe hes not a great practice QB, but he might thrive in game situations. You have to give him a chance!!

If he doesnt work then give RK III a chance and if not him then Jamal Turner!!

Martinez was a very good QB tonight when we were running a balanced offense (something that the Martinez critics desire so much) in the first quarter. Our problems began when Beck decided to throw the ball on 15 of 17 plays spanning from early in the second quarter to that first play of the second half.

• Fire 1

you are right. He aint no QB. You can see it and feel it deep down. I remember how frustrated I was in the days when we didn't have Steve Taylor any more and we were struggling going through QB's trying to find a spark Then along came Frazier..... That offense won't spark till you get the right guy under center. Time to change. At this point there are also other problems. I am concerned for the future of the program. It's been a few years now (11) since we were serious contenders or "the complete package" How long can fans and recruiting go before you just fall back into the pack permanently? Are we there already? The young kids coming up don't remember what Husker football was about. They don't remember the 40 years of butt kickin. They don't remember when the Blackshirts suited up to shut you down EVERY year.