It's hard to play defense...

epocSoN

Here's what defense I'd love to run out onto the field against Buckie.

DE-The Stache

DT-Baker

DT-T Moore

DE-Crick

LB-Lavonte

LB-Compton

LB-Roach

CB-Fonzie

S-PJ

S-Courtney O

CB-Cooper/anyone

Nickel-Stafford

It is time to unleash Crick. This let's him cause all the havoc in the world, and TMoore is capable of filling the middle. Jared could easily turn into a Carricker type DE. Easily.

The Sean Fisher run is over. To many times he is getting owned by blockers, and he request more flybys than Maverick.

PJ and Courtney may not have the playbook down pat, but their athleticism severly trumps what currently is on the field. Stafford is bad in deep coverage, and I honestly can't figure out who would play CB opposite Zo. Start with Cooper, it is time to commit to an experiment and end the musical chairs in the secondary.

And my first order in practice, tackling drills. Like for every bit of practice that doesn't involve install of schemes.

Here's what defense I'd love to run out onto the field against Buckie.

DE-The Stache

DT-Baker

DT-T Moore

DE-Crick

LB-Lavonte

LB-Compton

LB-Roach

CB-Fonzie

S-PJ

S-Courtney O

CB-Cooper/anyone

Nickel-Stafford

It is time to unleash Crick. This let's him cause all the havoc in the world, and TMoore is capable of filling the middle. Jared could easily turn into a Carricker type DE. Easily.

The Sean Fisher run is over. To many times he is getting owned by blockers, and he request more flybys than Maverick.

PJ and Courtney may not have the playbook down pat, but their athleticism severly trumps what currently is on the field. Stafford is bad in deep coverage, and I honestly can't figure out who would play CB opposite Zo. Start with Cooper, it is time to commit to an experiment and end the musical chairs in the secondary.

And my first order in practice, tackling drills. Like for every bit of practice that doesn't involve install of schemes.

Yeah, that's where Crick will end up on Sundays. It would be nice to have that package to install. Say, after halftime--like yesterday when things were going south.

It's getting to the point where I think we need to question how much of a defensive guru Bo really is. What has he done to show us that he is the one responsible for out past success? Yes, he improved the defense considerably from Cosgrove. Doesn't say much.

2009 Bo coaching strategy: "Hey, Suh, go tackle the guy with the ball. In the mean time we'll drop 7 into coverage while you still apply pressure"

2010 Bo coaching strategy: "Hey, Prince/Dennard/Hagg/Gomes, go blanket every receiver. They'll have no choice but to run the ball and then Lavonte will get them every time"

Having great defenses when you have NFL talent all over the field does not make you a great defensive coach. You will be considered a defensive guru when your defense can outperform their expectations based on talent, and I don't think we've ever seen that out of Bo. By the time the season is over we will know how good Bo really is.

Fisher needs to be benched for a game or two, or until he realizes this isn't touch football. I hate to bag on the kid, but jesus all we heard about was how well he has been practicing and how well he understands the scheme. Time to show up. Enough of these stupid missed tackles that result in an extra 5 yards for the back.

Bo has some serious decisions to make reguarding his team, HIS TEAM.

Fisher needs to be benched for a game or two, or until he realizes this isn't touch football. I hate to bag on the kid, but jesus all we heard about was how well he has been practicing and how well he understands the scheme. Time to show up. Enough of these stupid missed tackles that result in an extra 5 yards for the back.

Bo has some serious decisions to make reguarding his team, HIS TEAM.

One thing about our LBs, I do agree that he should sit a game or two to give someone else a shot. On a positive, if the current class can stay together, I like the athleticism BO is building at LB. With the exception of David, I can't say that the D is athletic at that position. With Fisher I just feel he isn't as athletic enough to recover from being out of position, and that may have lots to do with is leg injury.

The loss of Coach Sanders is the biggest reason why the secondary is down. With him, our secondary imposed it's will. Without him, our secondary is complacent and just "reads and reacts".

Go back and look at our secondary in 2008, this defense is very similar to 2008.

Western Michigan- 24 points given up, 342 yards and 2 TD's

San Jose State, squeeked by- outgained 353 yards to 315 yards, were only up 14-12 until Paul returned a kickoff then a couple more TD's in the 4th

35 points to Virginia Tech, 52 to Missouri, 37 to Texas Tech, 62 to Oklahoma, 35 to Kansas, 31 to Colorado.

People take the last two years where Marvin was loaded with talent and had solid pressure from the front 4 typically and forget 2008.

Raymond will be fine, he's in his first year and has a lot of inexperience in his group.

• Fire 2

The loss of Coach Sanders is the biggest reason why the secondary is down. With him, our secondary imposed it's will. Without him, our secondary is complacent and just "reads and reacts".

Go back and look at our secondary in 2008, this defense is very similar to 2008.

San Jose State, squeeked by- outgained 353 yards to 315 yards, were only up 14-12 until Paul returned a kickoff then a couple more TD's in the 4th

35 points to Virginia Tech, 52 to Missouri, 37 to Texas Tech, 62 to Oklahoma, 35 to Kansas, 31 to Colorado.

People take the last two years where Marvin was loaded with talent and had solid pressure from the front 4 typically and forget 2008.

Raymond will be fine, he's in his first year and has a lot of inexperience in his group.

Bingo, spot on with that post. Raymond wouldnt have gotten the job if Bo didn't trust him and in his teaching/coaching abilities.

San Jose State, squeeked by- outgained 353 yards to 315 yards, wer only up 14-12 until Paul returned a kickoff then a couple more TD's in the 4th

I agree and he'll continue to get talent to run Pelini's system that again is more challenging to learn that what most teams run.

I've supported Fisher but he is really struggling and shows little fire when he goes in on tackles. I am all in favor of throwing Roach out there. Someone to play with passion and energy, to ignite the defense.

Anyone see the close-up of Fonzie at the end, lined up next to the guy, staring him in the face and making the "C'mon, BRING IT" gesture? Love his swag. We need more of it on defense. We need more Fonzies!

Damion Stafford gets WAY too much of a pass by everyone, he blows coverages and we saw that again last night. He needs to be down in the Nickel, but his current struggles are a part of the defense's overall struggles, too. Hard hitter or not. He'll develop in time.