Nebraska -10 vs Ohio State

Nebraska -10 favorite  

58 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ohio State [and Michigan State] looked absolutely abysmal on Saturday. I mean, even worse than we looked. We're going to be MAD. I have a feeling that this team got a major wake up call against Wisconsin and we may start seeing them start to dominate on the defensive end. Beck is going to play to our strengths for the rest of this year. Ohio State's O Line was awful.

Nebraska covers in this game; gets back on the right foot for the rest of the season.

Remember that Ohio State gets three of their suspended players back this week: tailback Daniel Herron, offensive lineman Mike Adams and wide receiver DeVier Posey. We're going to load up the box on Herron and Miller and make them try to beat us through the air, but the problem is that our secondary has been horrid. I see them scoring on us this week, and I think it'll be a 24-17 game. Not sure who gets which points, though.

There’s a rumor spreading that we may not be getting those players back for another week or two now. There’s a press conference scheduled for today at 3:30 pm EST to discuss this issue.

If this was the Ohio State team from last year I would pick them in a heartbeat to win this game. Now I don’t even know if we’ll be able to get the ball across midfield. This offense of ours is the most pathetic thing I’ve ever seen. MSU blitzed the hell out of us and our inept OC couldn’t make adjustments to save his life. I expect you guys to blitz Miller and take advantage of our poor OL as well. The buckeye O-line was patting the MSU D-line on the back as they went by. The coaching staff has no clue what’s going on. Our defense is good and is what will keep us in this game but our inability to move the ball will cost us a win in Lincoln.

I'm actually somewhat concerned about this game. No way we hold OSU to 7 points like Sparty did. Michigan State's defense is vastly superior to ours, as bad as that sounds. Our defense is more comparable to Colorado's, again, as bad as that sounds. OSU toasted them.

I'm also not sold that our offense will be able to do much against OSU's defense.

I like our chances in this game. Ohio State is average at best this year. They have a lot of talent, especially on the defensive side of the ball, but I think all of the distractions during the offseason are having an effect on this team as the season progresses.

As for Nebraska, I believe Tim Beck will get back to calling a heavier dose of running plays to take the pressure off of Taylor. Our defense will play angry after Saturday night's performance. Now that doesn't mean everything will be fixed on that side of the ball, but I do believe we will see a Husker team playing with a little more attitude.

Yeah MSU’s defense is good but if we would’ve had an offense with a pulse we could’ve won that game. Our idiot play caller has no clue how to call a game or how to make adjustments. I’ll be shocked if we score more than 10 points against you guys in Lincoln. I think your defense will play lights out after what happened this past weekend.

I wish we would hurry up and hire Urban Meyer!! :thumbs

While that would be totally amazing to have Urban Meyer calling plays for us, it will NEVER HAPPEN! The man has already proven himself as a successful offensive coordinator and head coach. He would never take a step down the ladder to ben an offensive coordinator for a team like Nebraska...or any team for that matter. His next job will only be as a head coach at a big time university....possibly Ohio State.

While that would be totally amazing to have Urban Meyer calling plays for us, it will NEVER HAPPEN! The man has already proven himself as a successful offensive coordinator and head coach. He would never take a step down the ladder to ben an offensive coordinator for a team like Nebraska...or any team for that matter. His next job will only be as a head coach at a big time university....possibly Ohio State.

I was talking about Ohio State, I'm an Ohio State fan.

• Fire 1

I don't think you guys are as bad as you think you are.. Wisconsin is just a great team this year.. almost SEC great. Our offense is beyond bad.. and its not even the players that are the issue, its that our offensive coordinator has no clue what hes doing and has no clue how to coach up the talent we have.. he never has. I feel bad for Fickle because he probably had no choice but to keep him as his coordinator.

Furthermore... our defense is not that great this year. Our linebackers are slow and the defense as a whole is young, takes bad angles and consistently misses tackles and you guys are going to exploit that running perimeter option plays.. mark it down. Sparty's offense just isn't that good and plays a scheme that our defense is more equipped to handle than the NU speed option.

Anyways, I would take Nebraska +10 in a heartbeat. For us Buckeye fans, this year is pretty much a wash already were all just biding our time and waiting to see who the next head coach is.

This is a hard one to predict. Before the season began, I predicted that NU would be 8-4 regular season --- 4-0 "preseason" and then 4-4 in conference, with a certain loss to Wisconsin, a near certain loss to OSU and then going 4-2 against the grouping of Iowa, Michigan State, Michigan, Penn State, Northwestern, and Minnesota. Now, after 5 games are in, the only modification is that Michigan moves to a certain loss and Ohio State moves into that camp of toss-up (those two teams swapping).

Anyway...

OSU is seriously under achieving. As far as overall talent is concerned, they are likely the most talented team in the conference... though at QB they are really struggling, and they seem to be dealing poorly, as a team, with adversity. They are tough to predict... with that much talent, they will have to emerge sometime...

NU is seriously under achieving too. We are poorly coached, under prepared and play with poor fundamentals (poor tackling, penalties, missed blocking assignments, missed coverage assignments, dropped passes, etc.). We just got destroyed on national TV and were wildly exposed --- the nation now knows what Husker fans with open eyes have known for some time... NU is not a strong football team. What confidence level does this team now have?

Regarding the line.... that will play badly for NU. OSU will have a chip on their shoulders now. For anybody to be a 9pt dog to an NU team that was so beyond pathetic last week (and poor all season... and having ended last season losing 3 of their last 4) is beyond insulting. OSU will come in with nothing but fire-breathing intensity for being so disrespected. Not good for NU. I wish we were the underdogs. I do suspect that the line will go down throughout the week.

I do not think that the game will be as low scoring as some think... but...

I would say that the OSU scores somewhere between 17-30 pts and NU somewhere between 7 - 24 pts. Taking a kind of middle range, I will go with OSU 23 NU 20. That said, while last weeks game with Wisconsin was a no-brainer to predict, this weeks game is really a difficult one to pick. My pick is predicated upon NU's psyche being damaged by the national TV embarrassment coupled with the OSU line that should so infuriate OSU and, at the same time, OSU has nothing to lose... so now they can just play like wild men ( and they are really talented... that talent will surface at some point). A turnover or two... or a special teams play or two (Ameer in particular) can close that gap and make this game tip toward NU... but still I see OSU by 3.

I am not a betting man... but anybody who is should take OSU + 9.5 pts... that should be a 95% likelihood to go your way.

I may modify the prediction I have later this week predicated upon who OSU has (or does not have) back. Also, I'd like to hear what the press conference today says about how the team is holding up. So, I might change later... but, for now, rather than NU by 9.5 pts I see OSU by 3.

This is a hard one to predict. Before the season began, I predicted that NU would be 8-4 regular season --- 4-0 "preseason" and then 4-4 in conference, with a certain loss to Wisconsin, a near certain loss to OSU and then going 4-2 against the grouping of Iowa, Michigan State, Michigan, Penn State, Northwestern, and Minnesota. Now, after 5 games are in, the only modification is that Michigan moves to a certain loss and Ohio State moves into that camp of toss-up (those two teams swapping).

Anyway...

OSU is seriously under achieving. As far as overall talent is concerned, they are likely the most talented team in the conference... though at QB they are really struggling, and they seem to be dealing poorly, as a team, with adversity. They are tough to predict... with that much talent, they will have to emerge sometime...

NU is seriously under achieving too. We are poorly coached, under prepared and play with poor fundamentals (poor tackling, penalties, missed blocking assignments, missed coverage assignments, dropped passes, etc.). We just got destroyed on national TV and were wildly exposed --- the nation now knows what Husker fans with open eyes have known for some time... NU is not a strong football team. What confidence level does this team now have?

Regarding the line.... that will play badly for NU. OSU will have a chip on their shoulders now. For anybody to be a 9pt dog to an NU team that was so beyond pathetic last week (and poor all season... and having ended last season losing 3 of their last 4) is beyond insulting. OSU will come in with nothing but fire-breathing intensity for being so disrespected. Not good for NU. I wish we were the underdogs. I do suspect that the line will go down throughout the week.

I do not think that the game will be as low scoring as some think... but...

I would say that the OSU scores somewhere between 17-30 pts and NU somewhere between 7 - 24 pts. Taking a kind of middle range, I will go with OSU 23 NU 20. That said, while last weeks game with Wisconsin was a no-brainer to predict, this weeks game is really a difficult one to pick. My pick is predicated upon NU's psyche being damaged by the national TV embarrassment coupled with the OSU line that should so infuriate OSU and, at the same time, OSU has nothing to lose... so now they can just play like wild men ( and they are really talented... that talent will surface at some point). A turnover or two... or a special teams play or two (Ameer in particular) can close that gap and make this game tip toward NU... but still I see OSU by 3.

I am not a betting man... but anybody who is should take OSU + 9.5 pts... that should be a 95% likelihood to go your way.

I may modify the prediction I have later this week predicated upon who OSU has (or does not have) back. Also, I'd like to hear what the press conference today says about how the team is holding up. So, I might change later... but, for now, rather than NU by 9.5 pts I see OSU by 3.

Dude... did you watch OSU play last week? I'm guessing no, because they made our 2009 offense look amazing. I know you like to proclaim yourself as the cheerleader for the realist crowd, but get over it. Yes, we sucked, but your reveling in the fact that you were "right" is sickening.