Phillip Dillard calls for the replacement of Martinez at QB

But his play is public record. Nobody had qualms when people (some on this board) were talking badly about the '07 defense, even when former players isolated Suh out for being blown off the ball against USC.

I don't care for the way Dillard expressed himself, but there should not be a double standard for any player. edit: (i.e. Niles Paul last year)

What does the "public record" have to do with anything? Do you not get that what goes on in the locker room is not the public's business, and that Dillard said things that were best reserved for the locker room?

And for your 2007 and Niles Paul points to have any validity you'd have to show that the people decrying what Dillard did were the same people bashing Suh or Paul. In my case I can very well guarantee you that I wasn't. You cannot hold me accountable for the comments of others.

"It is better to remain quiet and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt" -Abraham Lincoln

PhilDill's sophomore year was utterly forgettable. He contributed to the single worst defense this program has witnessed in 40 years that year. I do not recall a single former player publicly calling for his benching that year, or any other of his sad career. Martinez is at least trying, but making bad decisions while doing it. Dillard was a case of absolute lack of effort. He's embarrassing himself with these tweets. Sad.

Knapplc, I have always taken you as a solid Husker fan thick and thin. Not favoring one, but always in favor for the best of the team. You literally just threw one player under the bus to show your particular favor of a specific player. That specific player being Taylor Martinez. If you have a hard on for a specific player, then just say it. Don't hide behind your supposed logic and rationality. Pointing out what is wrong with everyone else's logic? Hell, Phillip Dillard was one of the highest rated backer's in the country and chose to devote his college career to the Big Red. That makes him " N" in my book....and once "N" always "N"...... He voices his opinion on the situation just as the rest of us do. Everybody has an opinion. Just like everyone has had an opinion about this Taylor Martinez situation. Yet you almost refuse to see other views on the T-Mart situation? Why stand up so strongly for "ONE OF OUR OWN"..... yet you throw another "ONE OF OUR OWN " right in the toilet? Not trying to attack you personally, just find it interesting your comments on Dillard. As you use that quote from the great Abraham Lincoln as a sign of ignorance on Dillard's part....could we not say that Taylor's mouth could have been kept shut this week in the press conference in which he in some ways made himself look like an immature fool? It's a bit hypocritical wouldn't you say?

Take a guess as to which part of that quote that you're ignoring. I thought it was quite obvious, but apparently not.

"It is better to remain quiet and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt" -Abraham Lincoln

PhilDill's sophomore year was utterly forgettable. He contributed to the single worst defense this program has witnessed in 40 years that year. I do not recall a single former player publicly calling for his benching that year, or any other of his sad career. Martinez is at least trying, but making bad decisions while doing it. Dillard was a case of absolute lack of effort. He's embarrassing himself with these tweets. Sad.

Knapplc, I have always taken you as a solid Husker fan thick and thin. Not favoring one, but always in favor for the best of the team. You literally just threw one player under the bus to show your particular favor of a specific player. That specific player being Taylor Martinez. If you have a hard on for a specific player, then just say it. Don't hide behind your supposed logic and rationality. Pointing out what is wrong with everyone else's logic? Hell, Phillip Dillard was one of the highest rated backer's in the country and chose to devote his college career to the Big Red. That makes him " N" in my book....and once "N" always "N"...... He voices his opinion on the situation just as the rest of us do. Everybody has an opinion. Just like everyone has had an opinion about this Taylor Martinez situation. Yet you almost refuse to see other views on the T-Mart situation? Why stand up so strongly for "ONE OF OUR OWN"..... yet you throw another "ONE OF OUR OWN " right in the toilet? Not trying to attack you personally, just find it interesting your comments on Dillard. As you use that quote from the great Abraham Lincoln as a sign of ignorance on Dillard's part....could we not say that Taylor's mouth could have been kept shut this week in the press conference in which he in some ways made himself look like an immature fool? It's a bit hypocritical wouldn't you say?

Opinions are a double-edged sword in my opinion...irony right there lol. As somewhat of a public figure, like Dillard, you need to learn how to express yourself. I have learned that you gain nothing by insulting someone in public. If he wanted to call up Taylor and tell him personally and in private then I find that perfectly acceptable. Now us on message boards...it is a bit of a gray area. We are just regular people expressing, venting, etc. We won't have any public backlash against us for stating our opinions. But someone in Dillard's case that can kind of comment can bring a lot of problems and it is better left said in private in his case. It isn't fair, but it is how the world works.

Take a guess as to which part of that quote that you're ignoring. I thought it was quite obvious, but apparently not.

And here's the parts I'm referring to in which I pointed out that you threw him under the bus or toileted his career here at Nebraska....and I will bold it for you too since you seem to think you need to speak down to others as if they are somehow dumber than you......(in other words, you could have simply pointed out that part and I would have gotten your point sir)

PhilDill's sophomore year was utterly forgettable. He contributed to the single worst defense this program has witnessed in 40 years that year.any other of his sad career Dillard was a case of absolute lack of effort. He's embarrassing himself with these tweets. Sad.

Now would you care to answer even one single part of my question to you. You already seem quite offended. I merely wanted a simple answer and from what I can see you are completely dodging it. Your next sentence on this board should be

Knapplc......Yes you are all right. I Knapplc have a hard on for Martinez and will defend him to the death no matter who the hell says the guy is underachieving.....even if it is a former Husker LB'er.

• Fire 1

For all the times you've asked everyone to lay off a kid, he is a Husker, and we should stand by him.....well it seems you threw that out the window with your comments on Dillard. Is it something personal between you and Martinez...or did Dillard piss in your cereal one morning? What?

I'm sorry I didn't respond to everything in the condescending wall of text you threw at me. You're right, I am only posting here because I have a fanboy mancrush on Taylor Martinez. I have never defended any other Husker player from unwarranted criticism, only Martinez. My only point in posting about Dillard was to throw him under the bus, and I would totally have done it had he never mentioned Martinez the way he did because I have some bizarre personal vendetta against Philip Dillard.

That's what you wanted to hear, right? You already had your mind made up, so why bother responding, especially when you completely missed the point about that post.

I don't get it. You bitch at me for cracking on Dillard - who made a completely unwarranted and unwise tirade against a former teammate in a public forum - yet you, in the very same post, call Martinez an "immature fool."

To my knowledge, Martinez has never thrown any of his current or former teammates under the bus in a public forum to warrant that kind of critique, yet you put it out there while coming down on me.

You win. You have the moral high ground, and I am wrong. Dillard should camp out on Twitter and post whatever he wants about Nebraska's quarterback, and it's totally cool.

Thanks for showing me the error of my ways. Thanks for focusing on the important part of this thread - my reaction to Dillard.

But his play is public record. Nobody had qualms when people (some on this board) were talking badly about the '07 defense, even when former players isolated Suh out for being blown off the ball against USC.

I don't care for the way Dillard expressed himself, but there should not be a double standard for any player. edit: (i.e. Niles Paul last year)

What does the "public record" have to do with anything? Do you not get that what goes on in the locker room is not the public's business, and that Dillard said things that were best reserved for the locker room?

And for your 2007 and Niles Paul points to have any validity you'd have to show that the people decrying what Dillard did were the same people bashing Suh or Paul. In my case I can very well guarantee you that I wasn't. You cannot hold me accountable for the comments of others.

I guess you're getting lawyerly.

Public record= the game was televised over a public medium (television).

'Locker room' conversation? what part of criticizing an individual's play on the field is 'locker room' conversation. He is spectator just like the rest of us, and has the right to voice his opinion. (Dillard is not gearing up to play for Nebraska, anytime soon.)

In your recent posts, and those like your's, you argue that a former players should not criticize a current player. There were former players that criticized Suh and the '07 defense. Was there this type of firestorm over those statements? NO.

Many on this board are taking the situation over Taylor Martinez personal. If you like/ don't like Martinez's play that's cool, but the level of attack some people going through to state their opinion on this board is sad.

Edit: I am not holding you accountable for statements made against Paul, you gearing up for a fight when there doesn't have to be.

• Fire 1

Whoa! Calm down man. I told you I didn't want this to get personal. Mainly because I don't know you and you don' t know me. I just thought for being such a level headed Husker fan, you sure went overboard with the negative comments about Dillard that 's all. I know the kid had some family trouble going on while he was here and it took away from his focus a bit. But I thought he got things turned around and ended his career in a good way. I hope Martinez can get his focus back and end his in the same way. In the words of the legendary Hulk Hogan......Chill Out Brother!

Give him time but any more blunders like the last one and you have to seriously start looking at other options, Brion Carnes, Ron Kellogg, Jamal Turner, even Rex Burkhead in wildcat.. What we really need is a good pocket passing QB along with our strong running game which should be left to the HB unless you find a special talent like Frazier, really even someone simple similar to Jerry Tagge or David Humm would work great. We just wanna win again baby, 16 lost out of 18 top 10 teams played is not cutting it. RESTORE THE ORDER.

That is true...like I said I am not for or against replacing Martinez. The thing is I have to trust Bo that what he says is true. It is nothing against Bo, but I really have a hard time believing anything Bo says. Bo didn't believe David was ready to play either, but once he got in he made plays and Bo was still saying he was out of position when he made those plays. The no evidence that Carnes isn't ready, that I was talking about, was about making plays in games. The David reference is probably a minority...I know that most players won't turn out like him, but sometimes it is worth a shot to find out.

I just believe that some guys are good in practice, but not very good in games. Then you have guys that aren't that good in practice, but make plays in the game. I think Bo puts too much stock into practice and knowing the schemes (which he should put quite a bit of stock into), but he puts way too much on it.

These comments went on for weeks. Even after David continued to make play after play. Good point I hadn't even thought about.

The funny thing is he was out of position...I only noticed a few times and I am sure Bo saw it more times then I did. But athletically he was able to make up for it. I have to keep it in perspective that David is probably an exception and not the rule, so I don't want anyone to think that Carnes could do the same type of things at the QB position. I just wanted to say it is a possibility.

I manage a fairly large group of people and I have a reasonable amount of turnover. If I see potential, I will take it in the shorts for a long term gain. I don't know whether Carnes has it or not....I'm just throwing it out there.

Given the chance, I think Carnes is going to look terrible. I don't think Huskernation would allow it.

That is true...like I said I am not for or against replacing Martinez. The thing is I have to trust Bo that what he says is true. It is nothing against Bo, but I really have a hard time believing anything Bo says. Bo didn't believe David was ready to play either, but once he got in he made plays and Bo was still saying he was out of position when he made those plays. The no evidence that Carnes isn't ready, that I was talking about, was about making plays in games. The David reference is probably a minority...I know that most players won't turn out like him, but sometimes it is worth a shot to find out.

I just believe that some guys are good in practice, but not very good in games. Then you have guys that aren't that good in practice, but make plays in the game. I think Bo puts too much stock into practice and knowing the schemes (which he should put quite a bit of stock into), but he puts way too much on it.

These comments went on for weeks. Even after David continued to make play after play. Good point I hadn't even thought about.

The funny thing is he was out of position...I only noticed a few times and I am sure Bo saw it more times then I did. But athletically he was able to make up for it. I have to keep it in perspective that David is probably an exception and not the rule, so I don't want anyone to think that Carnes could do the same type of things at the QB position. I just wanted to say it is a possibility.

I manage a fairly large group of people and I have a reasonable amount of turnover. If I see potential, I will take it in the shorts for a long term gain. I don't know whether Carnes has it or not....I'm just throwing it out there.

Given the chance, I think Carnes is going to look terrible. I don't think Huskernation would allow it.

I think that is how Bo probably sees it. He doesn't see enough from Carnes to give him a shot yet. Pelini is under a lot of pressure to win games now...like a lot of other coaches. Just like you are under a lot of pressure to manage your group and make a profit for your company. If he saw enough potential in Carnes, then he would probably being playing more. There are times where we underestimate someone and they really surprise you though. I think the whole thing is blown out of proportion. Give me a better defense and have Beck call plays to your QB's strength and I don't know if we even have this conversation.

http://twitter.com/#...314321749291008

http://twitter.com/#...321677992267776

I wanna know if u can name a worst thrower in "CFB"... Well u other 21 players keep playing hard so we can win

I've only said it 100 times take number 3 out just like last year omfg!!!!

Wonder how many of the other former and current players feel this same way?

I just lost all and any respect I possible had for Phillip Dillard. Martinez feels like complete sh#t as it is....give the f'ing kid a break.

• Fire 2