Favorite QB

Favorite QB  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Toss up between Joe Ganz and Tommie.

Never liked Frost... He always seemed like a weasel, crawling back here from Stanford.

Crouch was a beast. Put the team on his back.

Seriously? With all due respect to Ganz, what did he actually accomplish at Nebraska? What game winning drives did he engineer to get a big win? I mean come on. He was at times a pick 6 machine too. He was a gamer and a good QB, but definately not one of our top 10 QBs.

Never liked Frost... He always seemed like a weasel, crawling back here from Stanford.

If you have the chance to play for one of the best QB coaches in the college football, you take that opportunity. He thought he would excel as a passing QB in Stanford's system. He came to his senses and we are lucky he did. Texas blew our chances of a title in 96 and we would not have had a chance at a title in 97 without that "weasel".

I'm a Crouch fan. I think he was the best all-around athlete that ever played QB at Nebraka.

Frost was "all-around" too. He won the shot put and the high hurdles at the state track meet his senior year. That's about as all-around as you can get.

Seriously? With all due respect to Ganz, what did he actually accomplish at Nebraska? What game winning drives did he engineer to get a big win? I mean come on. He was at times a pick 6 machine too. He was a gamer and a good QB, but definately not one of our top 10 QBs.

Joe Ganz was very good in 2008. He had one of best seasons ever by a Husker QB, statistically. He threw for over 3,500 yards and 25 TD's and only 11 picks. He was the Gator bowl MVP. At the time, he may not of looked as good compared to the other QB's in the Big 12 like Chase Daniel, Todd Reesing, Sam Bradford, Colt McCoy, and Graham Harrell but he was pretty good, and he would fit in great with our style of play now.

Frost didn't exactly come crawling back from Stanford. Bill Walsh quit. Was this any worse than Crouch crawling back to

the team after Solich begged him to?

Far as I'm concerned, he crawled back after he didn't get his way at Stanford and was stuck playing safety instead of quarterback. He sold out his home state and home team for a shot at a higher draft pick. Should have just gone to Nebraska to begin with. Weasel weasel weasel!

Pretty much why I'm not surprised Taylor is catching hell.

You probably wanted Monte Christo to start.

Thread title is not "Best QB" or "Most Successful QB" - but "Favorite QB"

• Fire 1

I'll admit I was biased with my vote. I went to Millard North, so I had to vote for Crouch, but I also voted for him because I loved to watch him play. Anytime he touched the ball something special could happen. He never quit, and he played through a lot of injuries that many Husker fans never knew about. I agree with what Marf said, "Crouch was a beast."

My three favorite Crouch highlights were:

1) His AMAZING TD Run against Mizzou.

2) Black 41 Flash Reverse...need I say more.

3) His massive hit against the Iowa Hawkeye defender near the sideline.

There is no question based on career accomplishments alone Tommie Frazier should get many votes in this poll. He also had the most talent around him of any of the other quarterbacks on this list.

And the one QB who truly exemplified what it means to be a Nebraska QB was Brook Berringer. It still hurts to think about the loss of such a great young man. A true Husker forever!

Thread title is not "Best QB" or "Most Successful QB" - but "Favorite QB"

Alright...you win.

ZAC Taylor. There is no H in his name.

I voted for Tommie, but it was close between him and Gill. There was such a comfort level with Tommie. You just felt like you were going to win every single game he started, and that feeling started back when he was a sophomore. He had "it."

Hard to vote against Gill, though. Same kind of feeling. He definitely had "it." He was a key player on an outrageously good offense.