Barfknecht: Peevish postgame does NU no favors

The stupid assed questions the meida asks, they should expect the responses they get. Media, and a lot of us fans wanted heads to roll, and I'm sure Pelini was thinking, "Any Questions?"

I really like how he called out the reporter, possibly from the World Herald? The players have to be proud to be playing for Coach Pelini, he is gonna stand behind them and explain that its not on just their shoulders.

One thing that makes me sick is how when ever there is a flag, they split the screen to try and get a "moment" from Pelini. He bleeds football, and is going to stand up for the Cornhuskers. If that means stick your foot up a Ref's ass to wake them up, so be it.

I find that those who use the words "tard" or "retard" to be frankly with out a clue. Find another word to use guys and grow up!

It's a movie quote. Not from a particularly good movie . . . but I thought I'd clue you in if you were a bit confused.

If you only watch the Robert Downey Jr. and Tom Cruise bits, it becomes a very funny short skit on SNL with an insane budget. chuckleshuffle

As for Bo vs. Media, both sides are going full retard, but the media always wins these battles. Would rather Bo exude energy on getting our defense on track and quit wasting it on the likes of Dirk, Barfy, and co.

And am I the only one hoping that Tom Shatel and Sam McKneown take over the OWH Nebraska sports coverage and that Dirk and Barfy go write for the gardening section of the paper?

I find that those who use the words "tard" or "retard" to be frankly with out a clue. Find another word to use guys and grow up!

It's a movie quote. Not from a particularly good movie . . . but I thought I'd clue you in if you were a bit confused.

Tropic Thunder is an awesome movie. Gets funnier every time I watch it.

This has nothing to do with the thread, but I'm offering this up for your sake - don't get upset about the word retard. It's a commonplace term in society despite it being wildly offensive. There's no way you can stop its use.

If you're offended by it, then don't spend your time on social mediums. I don't use the word, but thousands of people do. A personal vendetta does nothing.

While I agree that the Nebraska media is a joke, it is stunning how many people stand up for Bo and his antics. The media is a necessary evil and a part of the job he took when he signed on to be the HC at the University of Nebraska. He needs to grow up and play the game as every other HC at a major program does. I read a quote from another board that fits this situation quite nicely. Has the NU fan base turned into a bunch of hypocrites? It sure looks as if they have and it's very disappointing.

I just wonder what would happen if the media takes took off their kid gloves and really started reporting anything other than fluff pieces. Callahan got crucified by the media early on and Bo hasn't faced 1/8th the criticism that he did. Callahan got crucified for calling a bunch of Oklahoma fans "f'ing hillbillies" but hardly anyone touches that Bo gestured the NEBRASKA fans to f#*k off.

This has nothing to do with the thread, but I'm offering this up for your sake - don't get upset about the word retard. It's a commonplace term in society despite it being wildly offensive. There's no way you can stop its use.

If you're offended by it, then don't spend your time on social mediums. I don't use the word, but thousands of people do. A personal vendetta does nothing.

Couldn't disagree more. Fight the good fight! People need to consider their language use more.

While I agree that the Nebraska media is a joke, it is stunning how many people stand up for Bo and his antics. The media is a necessary evil and a part of the job he took when he signed on to be the HC at the University of Nebraska. He needs to grow up and play the game as every other HC at a major program does. I read a quote from another board that fits this situation quite nicely. Has the NU fan base turned into a bunch of hypocrites? It sure looks as if they have and it's very disappointing.

I just wonder what would happen if the media takes took off their kid gloves and really started reporting anything other than fluff pieces. Callahan got crucified by the media early on and Bo hasn't faced 1/8th the criticism that he did. Callahan got crucified for calling a bunch of Oklahoma fans "f'ing hillbillies" but hardly anyone touches that Bo gestured the NEBRASKA fans to f#*k off.

Bo and Nick Saban are very similar with the media. Things get overscrutinized in Nebraska.

Couldn't disagree more. Fight the good fight! People need to consider their language use more.

No we really don't. There seem to be plenty of prissy people willing to waste their time considering other people's language, all too happy to hijack discussions because they are offended for someone else. You all can worry about it for us, thanks.

• Fire 1

Personally, I don't think Bo owes anything to anyone (fans and media alike) except to the team. Fans and media get to wound up around the axle if their coach isn't telling them when the players take a sh#t and what type of toilet paper they have in the locker room. Coach (insert name) wasn't hired to talk to the media or appease the masses. He/she was hired to coach a team. It's really none of anyone elses business how they get that done as long as everything is done within the rules. It's really no ones decision to make except for the coaching staff who gets the nod to start a game or what position a player is plugged into. Actually, I really have no problems with Bo telling a fan or media hack to go self-fornicate

• Fire 1

No we really don't, there seem to be plenty of prissy people willing to waste their time considering other people's language, all to happy to hijack discussions because they are offended for someone else.

Disagree. For all you know, members on this board have family members or friends with kids who are mentally challenged. Consider how you would react if someone used the word "retard" and your son or daughter was in fact "retarded".

Dirk acts as professional as he expects a college student to act and none of this happens.

Bo didn't wake up one morning and just decide randomly to go off on Dirk Chattelain. Dirk earned it, and then some, over the past few years. If he's going to write hatchet pieces like this - yellow journalism, as it's been dubbed - then he can damned well accept the consequences like a man.

This crying and whining in his articles, hiding behind Barfknecht's skirt, is childish.

You all go ahead and support that. Bully for you.

• Fire 2