Osborne Praises Fans for their Role in Greatest Comeback

jsneb83

Dear Dr. Tom,

We don't care what you have to say until you start treating us fairly.

Sincerely, the students that make it possible for you to have a school and team in the first place, and that you don't reward.

There are plenty of other schools you could choose to go to. And guess what? They all make you pay a tuition. And in case your wondering, the tuition doesnt pay for much. The football program keeps the school running.

And make sure and badger osborne for moving us to the B1G. B/c after all that extra money starts flowing in from the CIC and makes Nebraska one of the best schools in the nation I'm sure you want him to know you're not worried about getting one of the best educations possible but just want a better seat for games.

Incorrect. The football program keeps all the rest of the sports programs running as it's the only one that operates in the black. However, it is not the football program that keeps the University of Nebraska running.

• Fire 1

Dear Dr. Tom,

Sincerely, the students that make it possible for you to have a school and team in the first place, and that you don't reward.

There are plenty of other schools you could choose to go to. And guess what? They all make you pay a tuition. And in case your wondering, the tuition doesnt pay for much. The football program keeps the school running.

And make sure and badger osborne for moving us to the B1G. B/c after all that extra money starts flowing in from the CIC and makes Nebraska one of the best schools in the nation I'm sure you want him to know you're not worried about getting one of the best educations possible but just want a better seat for games.

Incorrect. The football program keeps all the rest of the sports programs running as it's the only one that operates in the black. However, it is not the football program that keeps the University of Nebraska running.

Do you really think the B1G would have took us if it wasn't for the football program?? Let's just say because of the football program the University is going to be MUCH BETTER off academically very soon!!!!!!

The volleyball team is self-sustaining most years lately. Note, most years.

I used to think that people that bitched about where the students sat were crazy but the more I think about it I think the students should be closer.

When I was a student there it seemed like we were pretty close and that was just in the mid 90's. Now I know people will be like "The big donors blah blah blah" and that is true but it just seems like they could do something more for the students.

Yes, the football program keeps the rest of the sports programs running but it also help keeps the University running. Unlike being able to use tuition for athletics, you can use athletics for academics. So, while you are correct partially, the football program can and does help keep the University running.

Texas football makes a ton of money as we all know, but yet the University was having trouble keeping and paying professors. The academic side of UT is not happy about the athletic side because they will not give much of the money to help them. I saw a piece on T.V. about it a year or so ago. It was pretty interesting.

Dear Dr. Tom,

I'm going to try to get my point across without jumping down your throat:

It's really lame to disregard everything someone says just because you think they're wrong on one or even several issues.

I used to think that people that bitched about where the students sat were crazy but the more I think about it I think the students should be closer.

When I was a student there it seemed like we were pretty close and that was just in the mid 90's. Now I know people will be like "The big donors blah blah blah" and that is true but it just seems like they could do something more for the students.

I'm not against the students being closer, but don't act like T.O. doesn't care about them or the University, and that the school owes the students this and that. They owe them some things, but it can't be everything and anything. I think the students lose the point of college. It's about growing up, becoming independent, and getting and education. The rest is just extras and may be wanted but not sure should be expected.

I'm curious: Does any major football program put their students further away from the action than Nebraska does?

Ya I think colorado does. Oh wait, that's just because they don't even show up for the games. But hey, the grass house is further away from their field than our students are from ours, or I think it is anyways. I might have to check on that.

I'm curious: Does any major football program put their students further away from the action than Nebraska does?

Ya I think colorado does. Oh wait, that's just because they don't even show up for the games. But hey, the grass house is further away from their field than our students are from ours, or I think it is anyways. I might have to check on that.

i'm calling BS on this one. You couldn't hit the field w/ random objects from the student section at Nebraska. At Colorado, students have no problem doing so.

At least right now, I'm not considering Colorado a "major football program."

How about Alabama? LSU? Wisconsin? Oklahoma? Oregon? Stanford?

I think out of "major college football programs," the two stadium atmospheres most similar to ours (in terms of being great atmospheres but not as loud or intimidating as other venues) would be Oklahoma and Michigan... Where do they put their students?

Yes, the football program keeps the rest of the sports programs running but it also help keeps the University running. Unlike being able to use tuition for athletics, you can use athletics for academics. So, while you are correct partially, the football program can and does help keep the University running.

Texas football makes a ton of money as we all know, but yet the University was having trouble keeping and paying professors. The academic side of UT is not happy about the athletic side because they will not give much of the money to help them. I saw a piece on T.V. about it a year or so ago. It was pretty interesting.

I actually made that point in this post.

It should be noted that Nebraska is one of the few football programs that actually comes out ahead at the end of the day. And as Knapp and others have said, tuition doesn't filter down to athletics, especially not here. Student fandom is important to the college football experience, though, and I do think it should be something the athletic department values more than it does. Even basketball's (small) student section seems to be catered to more than Memorial's (though it's a lot easier to organize seats for 40-some students at the Devaney center than it is in Memorial).

Heck, let's put them all in a blimp.