Osborne Praises Fans for their Role in Greatest Comeback

jsneb83

The band is for old people. The older I get, the more I like the band. It's weird. It's like they use some kind of Jedi mind control on the weak-willed. And when I've just come into the stadium from the tailgate, and I've had waaaaay too many Elk Creeks, I am that weak-willed person.

(this response is honestly much more for C N Red than it is for knapplc).

Old people probably appreciate the band more, but the band is for everyone whether they know it or not. Students or younger people may like to make fun of the band or look down on it, but it's critical to making it a college atmosphere, the pregame show, the halftime show, and everything they do in the stands during the game are extremely important to the gameday atmosphere. If it wasn't there during the game, people would notice, young and old.

Exactly! Just think of the '09 Holiday Bowl. I know plenty of people on this board were complaining about the band not being there.

I like how the students complain about not sitting closer to the field when half of them dont even show up for pasty conference games like KU and Baylor when we played them. I bet for the NW game the student section will only be 2/3 full at best.

The students must think they are entitled to alot more than severly discounted tickets and yet have the nerve to scalped them on facebook for 10 or 20 times more than facevalue.

If you "wanna take back gameday" start by showing up for every game.

The band is for old people. The older I get, the more I like the band. It's weird. It's like they use some kind of Jedi mind control on the weak-willed. And when I've just come into the stadium from the tailgate, and I've had waaaaay too many Elk Creeks, I am that weak-willed person.

I like the band...

I like the band...

Yeah I like Bo Pah-li-ni, I mean March Grandioso.

I like how the students complain about not sitting closer to the field when half of them dont even show up for pasty conference games like KU and Baylor when we played them. I bet for the NW game the student section will only be 2/3 full at best.

Sorry, some of us have drill that weekend. GASP!!!! Some students have to work full time and can only take off a choice few games!!!

Not everyone has it all peachy like you gentlemen seem to think.

The students must think they are entitled to alot more than severly discounted tickets and yet have the nerve to scalped them on facebook for 10 or 20 times more than facevalue.

Hey, we have jobs to be doing and sometimes homework comes before the game. Also, the most efficient way for us to get tickets to the games we can go to is by buying season tickets and then selling them to those students who didn't get them for higher prices. It's a way to make $$ and the student section will always be occupied by students.

You're gonna lose that one. The KU game was pretty damn full last year. If you wanna go back to 08 when the top part of the section was empty, take a shot at that. However, also remember the temperature and know how people are going to get closer to each other to stay warmer.

As far as people not going to every game.. God forbid that some students don't have mommy and daddy taking care of everything for them. Some students actually have to work 40+ hours a week on top of taking 15-18 credit hours per semester. The majority of those tickets get used. And I don't know for sure, but I have a feeling that the seats are oversold. There are routinely more people per row than there is supposed to be and people flowing out into the aisles as well.. But I'm sure you know EXACTLY what it's like in Section 14 Row 95 on gameday over the past 3 years, right?

Good Lord, Dr. Tom has a point. You fu&*#r's just like to find sh#t to fight about. Quit yer' bitchin'.

Really? So you think it's best that (for the most part) the loudest people in the stadium be stuck at the top where they can't do any damage?

Funny, seems like you're alone here.

Just give 'em megaphones!

• 2 weeks later...
Plock was a lifelong Nebraskan, who loved his Huskers. No big shocker there, but here's where it gets interesting. In failing health, he lapsed into a coma from which his doctors and family didn't expect him to wake up. However, six days later, on the day before Nebraska's key Big 12 showdown against Missouri, he suddenly woke up and declared that his one last wish was to watch the Cornhuskers beat the Tigers on Thursday. Just like that, he lapsed back into the coma.

But our story doesn't end there--the next day, he came out of his coma AGAIN, just in time for the game. For three quarters, it looked like he wouldn't get his wish as Nebraska's offense and special teams were as bad as the Missouri weather. But in the fourth quarter, the Husker offense exploded to the tune of 27 unanswered points to win going away.

With his final wish fulfilled, Rex Plock slowly drifted away before passing away on Sunday, presumably still with a smile on his face. LINK1 LINK2

*bump* Before this thread dies I wanted to post this story about one of the greatest Husker comebacks. NU trailed by 9 heading into the 4th qtr against Mizzou in 2009. Then scored 27 unanswered point to once again kick Mizzou the the curb. And Rex Plock drifted back into his coma and died in peace. RIP great Husker fan.