Michigan State

Watching that Michigan State game a couple of things are very clear:

- I think if they try to "dirty" the game up with the Huskers they will be in trouble. The Big 10 officials will be targeting these guys for the remainder of the season. Plus, the Huskers have been riding dirty since Pelini arrived. Also, I think NU's offensive line matches up physically with them.

- NU can, not saying they will, but can exploit the Heck out of their non-stop blitzing. Blitzing an option team is feast or famine. You can make big plays behind the line of scrimmage or surrender an 80 yard touchdown.

Fully agree our offense could very well make them pay in spades for heavy blitzing. As you mention, the option can kill blitzes. As can PA. FB traps can too.

MSU has a fine defense but we have an offense that can rip anybody apart when hitting on all cylinders. It looks to be improving weekly and is going to be a force the 2nd half of the season.

Cousins hasn't looked good this year but our defense can't seem to stop anybody so I'd say the game hinges on that.

GBR!!

- I think if they try to "dirty" the game up with the Huskers they will be in trouble. The Big 10 officials will be targeting these guys for the remainder of the season. Plus, the Huskers have been riding dirty since Pelini arrived. Also, I think NU's offensive line matches up physically with them.

It's not unreasonable to expect them to come in angry . . . clearly their coaches promote this type of play. (Not judging. I love it, actually.) Also, if memory serves, Michigan State has never beaten Nebraska. What better time to bloody our noses than in our first matchup as conference opponents?

There's no excuse for the face mask twist and rumor is that Dantonio will announce the punishment today.

However, if you think that MSU is a dirty team because of the Saturday's game then you haven't been watching the MSU/UM series for the last 20 years. These games are always chippy. UM pulled just as many or more

in Saturday's game. There are two teams on MSU's schedule where you can expect this sort of thing, UM and Notre Dame and the Notre Dame game has been pretty civil the last few years.

I don't think the rest of MSU's games to be this way.

There's no excuse for the face mask twist and rumor is that Dantonio will announce the punishment today.

However, if you think that MSU is a dirty team because of the Saturday's game then you haven't been watching the MSU/UM series for the last 20 years. These games are always chippy. UM pulled just as many or more

in Saturday's game. There are two teams on MSU's schedule where you can expect this sort of thing, UM and Notre Dame and the Notre Dame game has been pretty civil the last few years.

I don't think the rest of MSU's games to be this way.

Chippy? Isn't that terminology reserved for hockey? Anyway I know what you mean. Some matchups, over the course of time, develope these tendencies to get in some extracurriculars. I'd hate to see anyone get injured ala Bertuzzi but a cheap shot here and there can make the game more interesting as a spectator.

Related story?

Michigan State reviewing possible 'conduct violation'

EAST LANSING, Mich. (AP) -- Michigan State says the Big Ten has notified the Spartans of a possible "conduct violation" stemming from its emotional win over Michigan.

Michigan State athletic director Mark Hollis says the school will forward a written report to the conference when an internal review is finished. Hollis didn't go into any detail about the nature of the possible violation.

The Spartans beat Michigan 28-14 on Saturday. Michigan State defensive lineman William Gholston was shown on video appearing to twist the helmet of Michigan's Denard Robinson during a pileup. Gholston was also shown taking a swing at a Michigan lineman on another play, appearing to connect with his face or neck.

No. 15 Michigan State hosts No. 4 Wisconsin on Saturday night.

It would be in MSU's best interest to suspend Gholston themselves.

They should probably take an appropriate amount of time to "investigate" and then possibly some action next week (after the MSU-Wiscy contest).

But seriously, those were a couple very cheap shots. The punch to the throat/face was bad but the helmet twist on DR could be considered an "attempt to injure" in hockey lingo.

Does this dufus really think a camera will not pick this stuff up when he plays at a place like MSU?

It would be in MSU's best interest to suspend Gholston themselves.

They should probably take an appropriate amount of time to "investigate" and then possibly some action next week (after the MSU-Wiscy contest).

But seriously, those were a couple very cheap shots. The punch to the throat/face was bad but the helmet twist on DR could be considered an "attempt to injure" in hockey lingo.

Does this dufus really think a camera will not pick this stuff up when he plays at a place like MSU?

To be honest, I don't think Dantonio cares. Apparently, this is the type of image he wants his program to perpetuate.