New starting corner...

Saunders

Hey guys!! Wanted to add a bit of info I got on this last night. I went to the holy ghost Husker dinner party that goes on once a year. Joe ganz was asked about our corners and pretty much said the 3 corners you see play are so so Much better then the guys on the bench. That's why we don't see anyone else.

We just can't except him to go out and play error free ball. I'm happy for SJB I just hope everyone doesn't throw him under the bus the first time he bites on a ball fake and gets burned.

Agreed. He's set a high standard for himself after that INT and it will be difficult for him to play up to that standard play after play. He's raw and still learning the corner position. We have to keep that in mind when watching him. Be prepared for some bumps along the way, but when he puts it all together... watch out.

Good for him and I wish him the best.

HOWEVER, I will be a slight Debbie Downer here, but I hope he can maintain his momentum. Case in point, Ciante Evans. Way to many people got too geeked after a so-so performance against Mizzou. Yes so-so. he was remembered for two plays. One, the tackle on Gabbert during the goalline stand, was great. The other is the breakup, in which he was actually beat on but the late, hanging throw let himj get back into the play. His play against ISU the following week should have put up more red flags and tempered expectations, and honestly he have seen those struggles this year.

Again I like the move, and with his size he has a better shot physically than Ciante, but let's see some consistancy out of the corner opposite Zo before getting to wacko.

There you go again Paul, always bringin' us down! :sarcasm

We just can't except him to go out and play error free ball. I'm happy for SJB I just hope everyone doesn't throw him under the bus the first time he bites on a ball fake and gets burned.

Agreed. Although I think SJB has more experience in the secondary than we give him credit for. If memory serves, he was a safety at Fort Scott CC, and had something like 6 picks and 2 defensive TDs. He might get burned every once in awhile, but methinks he's gonna be a great playmaker for us.

I think it does say something about Raymond and the under performance of the DBs. This move may pay dividends eventually, but it kinda reminds me of Cody Glenn's move to LB when Bo got here. He was decent, but it spoke more about the state of our LB depth than about him as a standout player. It smells like a bit of desperation, but why not? The unit can't perform much worse, can they?

Boom! Great analogy. It's at the same time great (for Stanley) and terrifying (where's our depth!?!?!?) that he's moved and succeeded so quickly.

Still...... he's just had one game. And really one great play. Let's hope that wasn't a mirage, or beginner's luck. He also had a personal foul against the Buckeyes. We just gotta hope that his future is as bright as this move makes it look.

I think this says something about Raymond and his style as opposed to Sanders. SJB is the only guy not polluted with all the gibberish in Spring and Fall camps. He is literally a blank slate and is probably being given some very basic assignments to let his athleticism shine. I hope he is very successful and becomes comfortable out there in a whole game scenario.

Ciante showed flashes last year, and now looks completely lost rather than making a leap forward. I am sure Coach Raymond is a great coach, but hopefully he is able to identify a way to make everything click for these guys.

I can see how a WR could make a transition to a DB position fairly easily. I'd imagine that you can at least get somewhat of a feel for the defensive coverage schemes as a WR, plus both positions require the same instincts when it comes to getting to the football. I'm sure that's how he knows to turn and look for the ball. Most quarterbacks are going to have about the same time clock in their head, so it gives you a bit of an idea about how long to wait before you can expect to see the ball in the air.

Can someone please tell me what these flashes Ciante Evans showed last year. I got one ply in my head. Goalline stand vs Gabbutt.

Again I want him to succeed but, please as others have stated temper the hopes(for now) and let's see what the kid can do. Tomorrow, hopefully he plays well, so we can get a real feel for him against Sparty. That will be his biggest test, especially when they try to "hide: Cunningham from Zo.

.... but methinks he's gonna be a great playmaker for us.

And I don't care if it was one time out of how many..but the kid actually turned his head towards an incoming ball. Here's to hoping SJB will be a steady player on the edges.

Good point. He actually looked for the damn ball! When was the last time we've seen that consistently?