What We Learned

robsker

The only thing we learned was that Minnedsota is not bad, they're REALLY bad. Like Turner at KU bad.

And that the mishandled backwards pass going out of bounds is the greatest play ever.

I think that was a designed play. Should be called more.

It is the only play that Beck kept that was designed by the greatest offensive mind in the game today, Shawn Watson

Got a nice W but Minny couldn't get out of their own way and look to be really bad.

We ran the ball well.

Nice game from K. Bell...hopefully he becomes a more legitimate weapon in the offense.

Marlowe made a highlight catch. We need our WR's to help TMart like this.

The laterals being inaccurately pitched, dropped, basically awful execution in the red zone is still a huge problem.

I didn't really learn anything about the defense...we still didn't get the sacks and INTs I'd like to see from a fast attacking defense...Minny was just bad. Zero sacks? This cannot happen against Cousins or we are dead.

MSU is going to feel like we just went from 15 mph to 100 mph...get ready.

Not only did they lose to Notre Dame, they got ran over by Notre Dame. They also had a tough game against tOSU. I'm betting MSU will be blitzing like crazy. The huskers are going to have to play 4 quarters of ball to win this one but that going to be a common thing the rest of the year.

Are you not concerned that NU has not played 4 quarters in the same game in the last 12 games? You say we need to do something (to play all 4 quarters) -- every game from here on out -- something that this team under Pelini does about 1 in every 10-12 games (if averaged over time --- but not once in the last dozen games). Focused, intense, well prepared teams are not a Pelini trademark at all. But I do agree, such is precisely what will be needed --- it just is pretty unlikely to happen (at least based upon the past). Who knows though... maybe that come-from-behind game w OSU marked a change (but if it did, it was not manifest against Minnesota as this team sleep-walked again through 1/2 the game).

Lets hope they play focused on Saturday. GBR!

That Brett Maher is pretty good. But he's no Alex Henery. Either punting or kicking.

^^^THIS^^^ At the beginning of the year I thought for sure we'd be very good at the kicking game. Halfway through the season, I'm beginning to see a dropoff and it sucks. Anything at 50 yards and I'm really nervous with Maher. He's good and I'm not saying he is, but everytime Henery came in to kick, I walked away to get a beer because I knew he'd make it or it would be a touchback with no return. Really miss Henery this season......................